• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Perks of Being THE Wallflower - Mega FC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

should incognito be renamed WallowElfGamer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
That's a thin line bro. Death is described in the KH2 journals and you have Hades the lord of the dead. The only thing death doesn't occur for is the heart. Kairi's body still could and eventually will die~

Besides if death isn't real in any sense then that means Mega is making Kairi experience a terrifying event every two seconds she comes back to life after dying. Repeated cycle~

death exists in mount olympus and the rules of every world are different so

postbusters "sure you did"

Anagram

Banned
death exists in mount olympus and the rules of every world are different so

postbusters "sure you did"

Busted yourself for admitting it's not only different but existent on every world. =w= Besides the fact of a heart-body-soul formula remains the same for EVERY living being so death being defined as loss of soul is constant among them all. The only difference is where they go afterwards~

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Busted yourself for admitting it's not only different but existent on ever world. =w=

no, death has only been confirmed on mount olympus. just like undeath is confirmed in halloweentown, and every character that has been killed was brought back EXCEPT riku replica who didn't have a heart in the first place declaring him exempt.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
every character that has been killed was brought back EXCEPT riku replica who didn't have a heart in the first place declaring him exempt.
Those can all be chalked up to strange and unusual circumstances. When we see a character "die," that means we witness them either lose their heart or just fade/get consumed by darkness, all of which are not the same thing as the soul expiring. Looks to me like perma-death only happens if you die from non-darkness causes, which causes your sould to vanish, your body to decompose, and your heart goes wherever, but never back to a living body.

Plus, I think Repliku had a heart. He mentioned it during his existential-crisis deathbed speech.

Anagram

Banned
no, death has only been confirmed on mount olympus. just like undeath is confirmed in halloweentown, and every character that has been killed was brought back EXCEPT riku replica who didn't have a heart in the first place declaring him exempt.

Dude death is defined bluntly in the KH2 journals as the soul leaving the body. It's further reinforced in several interviews that this three part set up is what designates "normal" life. "Death" by extension is normal to all mortal beings.
When the soul leaves the body, its vessel, life gives way to death, but what about when the heart leaves?
You can find that here: Ansem Reports - Kingdom Hearts Wiki - Wikia or your own copies of KH2 regardless of what version. If ya wanna argue it more you'll have to find Seph08. The whole contradictory matter of the report and Nomura's statement is the type of debate that lead me to hating much of the series to begin with.

Edit: it's in secret ansem report 4, lower paragraph~

Those can all be chalked up to strange and unusual circumstances. When we see a character "die," that means we witness them either lose their heart or just fade/get consumed by darkness, all of which are not the same thing as the soul expiring. Looks to me like perma-death only happens if you die from non-darkness causes, which causes your sould to vanish, your body to decompose, and your heart goes wherever, but never back to a living body.

Plus, I think Repliku had a heart. He mentioned it during his existential-crisis deathbed speech.
^ this too. Rarely does anyone truly "die" in kingdom hearts because everything done to them affects the heart, not the soul giving their body life.

--------------------

Now help me summon Mega! \o3o/

tumblr_inline_o0tyioqko81tqm8zv_500.jpg

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i don't count any goddamn character who has spirited back to life as dead, or anyone who has been promised to be saved like eraqus, xion, etc.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
i don't count any goddamn character who has spirited back to life as dead, or anyone who has been promised to be saved like eraqus, xion, etc.
We weren't saying that you should, because none of those characters have actually been killed. Just about all of them fall under the "wonky things happened to their hearts and now they're... somewhere" category. If they had actually died, getting them back would be completely out of the question.

Anagram

Banned

We dont either ya fool. Those characters are getting special treatment/dues ex machina/revival love due to plot. But death does exist now accept it and be quiet. =w= Dont turn into a denial of in-game fact on us like Larxene~

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
just saying, death may be a concept but i lt has yet to be practised on anyone beside repliku lmao

but i didn't know about the soul part so kudos to you

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
While we haven't seen a definite example of "normal" death so far (y'know, minus all the death that goes on in the Disney worlds due to movie plots), it's still a very real concept. It's the main reason why Xehanort decided to take up body-snatching, after all.

Anagram

Banned
just saying, death may be a concept but i lt has yet to be practised on anyone beside repliku lmao

but i didn't know about the soul part so kudos to you
Sure ya was~ Well technically Mufasa has died, Clayton has died, Shan Yu died and of course Repliku~ >3> Most two killed by Sora, one by stampede and the other by Riku. Death is real, it's just the heart that doesn't ever actually die.

Then ya got exceptions to the rule such as Hades, a god, incapable of death, Maleficent who revived herself and so on. Normal death is there it's just not terribly finite for abnormal beings. =w= (is for mortals though, which is why Xehanort tries to put his heart everywhere he can among other reasons)

Edit: If ya really wanted to get technical and get into all that 'no real flow of time in the realm' or 'sleeping worlds have dreams up to the point they fell' stuff then you could say Flinn, Clu, and the Notre Dome guy all also died since those worlds were having dreams of their events up to the point they became sleeping worlds. >3>

Also technically nobodies are a living body, aka soul+body, that has lost it heart. It's what makes them technically a living being. >3>

Now then enough putting negative things in Mega's thread! \o3o/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back