• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Prince of Persia (It's really disappointing me)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueman

I bought Prince of Persia and I've been playing it for a while now..

and it's really a disappointment to me so far. The gameplay is boring, the story isn't interesting, and the visuals aren't 'wowing' me. Now, the graphics are really impressive, but I don't like the look of a painting for Prince of Persia. I'd much rather have had a realistic looking videogame for the next installment in this series.

Now, I've only played to the part where you save the first..whatever it is...I think its a Temple or something.

The story doesn't even really make sense. The Prince was looking for his donkey and he followed Elika because she dropped on him?

Anybody else find this game a disappointment?

Macabre

Gold Member
It's decent in my opinion.

The good things about it are the graphics, art style and the platforming gameplay.
The story is horrible, the combat is boring and gets old after a while and the only good character in the game is Elika.

I'd rather have another Sands of Time game than this.

Blueman

It's decent in my opinion.

The good things about it are the graphics, art style and the platforming gameplay.
The story is horrible, the combat is boring and gets old after a while and the only good character in the game is Elika.

I'd rather have another Sands of Time game than this.

Yeah, it's decent. But from the reviews I read (IGN and 1UP) I thought it would be a terrific game.

S

Shadow Soldier

Graphics aren't on par with Killzone 2 and that's why you don't like them?

Also, the Combat hasn't changed, it's always been like that since Sands of Time.

Blueman

Also, the Combat hasn't changed, it's always been like that since Sands of Time.

The combat hasn't changed? It has.

Plus, reread my first post. It clearly states while the graphics were impressive, I'd rather have more 'realistic' graphics than the cartoony art style that was presented.

(P.S. Shadow Soldier, I sent you an apology about the way I jumped on you in the "Graphics" thread. I apologized. So, if you're just that immature to not get over it and bring the argument into an entirely different thread, then you don't deserve the apology.)

S

Shadow Soldier

...I like how your being "mature" on the internet let alone a forum for kids. I don't give a shit about the other thread and I don't give a shit about the apology, I'm just saying, realistic graphics get boring and it's a nice change in a while to get amazing cell shaded graphics.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
lol, even being nice is discouraged on this forum.

Anyway, I thought it was an okay game. I personally don't think that realistic visuals would make the game better. I did like the combat though, it was hearkening back to the classic Prince of Persia days, which was a nice change of pace, imo.

Blueman

...I like how your being "mature" on the internet let alone a forum for kids.
Do kids not apologize? I like how I'm being mature to! =]
I don't give a shit about the other thread and I don't give a shit about the apology
Oh no! Like I didn't already know that before! = O
I'm just saying, realistic graphics get boring
Sure…
Listen, I’m taking the high road. You’re taking the VERY low road. Have a nice life.

i really enjoyed the game but i can see why it can be dissapointing for some.

who said anything about killzone

I have no idea. Shadow Soldier just likes to bring topics from WAY back to different threads.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Personally, I'd like to see how far a console could take a game in an unrealistic artistic sense. Be much more impressive, in my opinion.

And I loved Wind Waker.

Anyway, the game is alright. Haven't brought myself to beat it yet, but I'm like an hour away.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Game was fun.
Fix the fact you can't die, and you change the combat to be more realistic, and you got a great game.
I wanna download the downloadable content, but I gave my cousin a loan.

Macabre

Gold Member
For the sequel, the developers need to:
1. Improve the combat(Add more combos, more types of enemies, more quick time events and more ways to damage enemies with the environment)
2. Add more puzzles
3. Harder platforming
4. Better exploration

The King

Token Black Guy
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
I thought it was an ok game. Besides the repetition throughout the whole thing. It was ok. And the new "powers" that these 2 share suck so much balls. There all basically the same besides the wall runing thing

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
The new Prince of Persia was without a doubt a good game; very beautiful.
However, in the upcoming sequel, the developers should strive to make the gameplay as engaging as the environments were beautiful in the first. The storyline could use some more depth to it, as well. I honestly enjoyed this game, there's no question, but gameplay, storyline, and appearance should have been much more balanced than they were.

The Prince of Persia series has already established something of a "hardcore" reputation among games with the previous trilogy, so Ubisoft needs to help this new Prince match those preset standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back