• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Problems with playing Final Fantasy on ePSXe

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicero

Visionary
I need some help; yesterday I downloaded FF7, 8 and 9 for the ePSXe emulator, problem is... they don't work properly. (I own the games, so nothing illegal as far as I know...)

So, everything works fine, just a few graphics bugs here and there, no big deal, but the problem is the battles. I haven't tried FF9 yet, but in both FF7 and FF8 the problem is that the battle menu isn't showed. In FF7 the bottom of the screen, when in battle, is a black border with a coloured pixel here and there... and in FF8 I just see the background, no menu at all.

I have ePSXe 1.7.0 with the following configuration:

Bios: scph1001
Video: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77
Sound: P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9
CDRom: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0.

I'm using Vista.

As the problem is just the battle menu in both games, I'm guessing there is something wrong with my configuration or settings or something like that, and not with the games themselves...I tried some other plug-ins and messed around a bit here and there but nothing helped. Any help, pwease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back