• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PS3 Price Revealed (maybe)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheForgottenHeart

At IGN.com they stated that according to a Japanese Article, Sony has announced that the PS3 would cost 50,000 yen, which in US dollars that is $465. Even though the graphics look superb and all, I think that is kinda costy. IGN said that haven't check yet to see if this is true, but if it is what do you guys think about the price?

billabong

ain't yo granny's
Website
facebook.com
well, ps2 was i think about at about $300 for its debut price, so if this system's all that it's cracked up to be, then i don't find the xtra 165 bucks too surprising. anyways, another possibility is that u could be wrong.

Rage

465 seems reasonable to me, especially sine there using 2 graphics cards that usually cost nearly 500 alone, not including all the other specs they have such as bluetooth and the cell. Can't wait for the ps3, and i'd probably pay up to 600 for it.

Kyuubi

Mage Killer
billabong13 said:
well, ps2 was i think about at about $300 for its debut price, so if this system's all that it's cracked up to be, then i don't find the xtra 165 bucks too surprising. anyways, another possibility is that u could be wrong.

PS2 was 400 for its debut price.

Anyway $465 sounds very nice, we got off easy..

465 is a great price.If it was over 600..forget about it.All the things they added and stuff that makes a great deal.

H

Hellpark

Kyuubi said:
PS2 was 400 for its debut price.

Anyway $465 sounds very nice, we got off easy..

You took the words right out of my mouth :|

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
If it's over 300, then I'll just have to wait till the price comes down, which it always does. I'm not paying not a dollar more for it, that's just too much for a gaming system, games already cost fifty bucks each and they'll probably increase the prices of the games put on the PS3.

Darkeyblademaster

Website
zchaos.clicdev.com
hell, i'll wait 3 years. i'll be like some kids but at least it saves money and by the time i have tht money it wont be out yet and when it does i would already paid for my car.

i'll wait till it come down to about $200 or so. i dont see why someone would wanna pay high dollar just to have somthin first when there's always a possibility of factory recall like some systems and PSP's.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
darn, that will make it cost $700 AU , i wont be able to aford that so i guess i will have to wait for the price to go down

THE_CRAZY_MOFO213

Unless what ign has to say DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY THEY ARE MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it'll depend on the xbox360's price but i'm thinking they both will be in the area of 300$ the ps3 will most likely be more expensive than the xbox360 because it has more advanced technology...

Esp-Ada

Super Waterbender!
Hell no....that is way to high of a price for me!! I think ill stick with Nintendo Revolution first because Nintendo is always the fairest when it comes to prices.....$465...hmph sony thinks everybody is rich....not me i would have to save myself so it would take me like 5 months....

Indoboy826

465$ isn't really that expensive for a system like the PS3, actually it seems rather cheap, because the PS3 have those two graphics chips, and each one cost like 500$, at first I thought it will be like over 1 grand, anyway, the info could be wrong.

Kyuubi

Mage Killer
I am a little worried about the 2 graphics chips. Sony better not try to sell on graphics alone, and Square better help them, because they better not make any more trash like FFX-2.

Rage

don't worry about that. At there conference they also focused on how many people and objects can be on the screen, wich will greatly help gameplay, giving you more stuff and people to interact with. This should also lead to more bigger and vast worlds.

I think this price is also very good, since you have to coniser it'll have about the same (if not better) gfx than some PC systems, and a good PC system ect. can run you back well into the thousands.

King Bowser

Too expensive for my blood, I don't get allowance so I'd have no way of making money for it unless I steal from the lost and found and sell everything.

Ifrits_Horn

i too heard that the price would be about $450.00 and yes that's a lot for now. but they'll eventually realize that we don't have the money lol. it's been awhile since i've been on here and the place really looks nice. i look the top border.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back