• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questionable article comments about Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odium Crop

Banned
I found a very dated magazine some time ago that contains "Ten reasons why Kingdom Hearts II will be great". I just thought that some of the thoughtless comments that were made here could be worth looking at for some. They either made me feeling like recoiling in embarrassment until my eyes started bleeding, or questioning the maturity of the writer(s) of the article and whether or not they knew what they were talking about.

"... That's the whole thing about Nobodies-their motives are as clear as mud. Are they allied with the Heartless? Or perhaps they have something to do with the mysterious organization in CoM? Or maybe-just maybe-they're a gang of surly circus midgets lead by a drunken leprechaun who can burn things with the power of his mind. We dunno, so all we can do at this point is speculate... As wildly and irresponsibly as possible."

"... Admit it: you didn't play Kingdom Hearts because you thought it looked like a great RPG; you played Kingdom Hearts because it had cloud from Final Fantasy VII in it."

"... Apparently Cloud has his own sub-plot! Exciting! Oh, yeah, and there're also some Disney characters in there too. Mulan someone... Aladdin whatever... Does anyone really care? No, didn't think so. Moving on then..." (I definitely agree with this one).

"... We've got our fingers crossed for a form that turns Sora from a whiny emo brat into something cool like a hot lady scientist or maybe a rocketship. Whee! Rocketships are fun!"

"... Reaction commands are basically context sensitive commands you execute by pressing the triangle button at the right time during a battle. They're sort of like big 'finishing moves' in God of War: when you see the triangle symbol above your enemy's head, you press the button and-BLAU!-something cool happens."

"... Also, there's talk that Johnny Depp may voice Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean world. Man, that would be RAD."

"... One of the main criticisms levelled at the original Kingdom Hearts was that there simply wasn't enough variation in enemy design. Sure, sure-the Heartless were different sizes and dressed in different outfits and whatever, but when it came down to it, they were still fighting the same bloody Heartless over and over again."

"... Which is good because the boss fights in the original Kingdom Hearts sucked. Except for Sephiroth-he was kinda cool."

"... Of course, it would've been better if they'd just left the Gummi crap out altogether, but still-at least they're trying."

"... Like the soundtrack, for example. Will it be as crap as last time? Let's hope not! Also, who's this mysterious blonde-haired boy that shows up in all the trailers? A mystery! And Goofy-will he perhaps fall into a giant blender and be chopped to bits? Keep your fingers crossed! Kingdom Hearts II: due out whenever the heck Square Enix feels like it!"

Here is another quote from a different section of the magazine:

"... This is actually Tifa's combat model. We decided to use this instead of her normal model because it looks like the unholy offspring of Popeye and Carmen Electra."

Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

Odium Crop

Banned
Well to me those comments do seem very ignorant and immature. Definitely nothing a professional reviewer would say to his/her readers or viewing audience. I feel like it may have been a satirical review if anything.

Considering all of the opposing comments that I got from my last thread, I am really surprised that someone actually agrees with me on this. What is more, I think that there might have been a couple of pages missing from the article... It is a good thing that I did not need to read any more of that rot.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i'm actually hoping this was a joke article.

gameinformer does similar articles but if this was a legitimate article, it'd be better that it's out of print.

also, you don't happen to have a source do you?

edit: yeah, i found something.
final_06.jpg

the strange thing is the the magazine reportedly ended before it reached issue #13. maybe they released the final issue to subscribers as a joke. the whole preview appears to be a parody of itself.

Last edited:

Zul

Awards
"Kingdom Hats 2", definitely looks like a joke article.

Odium Crop

Banned
Actually, it seems that it did not stop for a little while.
220px-TotalGamer23.jpg

"Kingdom Hearts II: Huge review inside!"

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I don't know much about the magazine so like Chihuahuaman I think it could just be trying to be satirical but either way I think they're trying too hard. Or perhaps they're trying to "funny" by trolling which would be unprofessional. What ever they were trying to do it looks like they were attempting to be funny, and I'm certainly not a prude about KH being made fun of and joked at, but this seems kind of meh.

Odium Crop

Banned
It gets worse...

"... Okay, we're cutting Tifa some slack here: this is actually a CG render from the upcoming Advent Children movie. In FFVII's cut-scenes, she looks like a midget Lara Croft. But now-well, she actually looks a lot like Rinoa."

"... "And maybe Sephiroth", says our insider. "You'd be surprised how many people want to see Sephiroth in a bikini. You think I'm kidding? Do a Google search for it. I've seen drawings that will make you weep."

(Personally, I think that the very comments that this magazine contains are enough to make me weep).

Zul

Awards
It's some obscure, semi-forgotten magazine failing to be funny, that's it really. I wouldn't weep over it, I'd find better reading material.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Actually, it seems that it did not stop for a little while.
220px-TotalGamer23.jpg

"Kingdom Hearts II: Huge review inside!"
I remember this magazine.

Also, if they say "Huge review inside" but squash the images right to the bottom of the front cover to a place where the eyes go last, it's obvious they don't want you to pay too much attention to it.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I remember this magazine.

Also, if they say "Huge review inside" but squash the images right to the bottom of the front cover to a place where the eyes go last, it's obvious they don't want you to pay too much attention to it.

It's true my eyes went to the DBZ part first. xD But I might have thrown that magazine away after I read that article. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back