• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions about Death

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginalea00

Awards
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I'm only a casual player so I don't know or understand a lot of the rules of the KH universe. I've noticed a lot of people on here have a very thorough knowledge of how things work so thought I'd ask a few questions. Death hasn't been explained much throughout the series so I was wondering if people can actually be killed (as in permanently cease to be - not becoming a heartless, not being sent to the realm of darkness, not being resurrected for a random reason). Can you shoot someone and have them die and never return?[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Firstly, it seems that permanent death definitely does exist. Xehanort was concerned about dying of old age and not seeing his plans come about. They were worried that Goofy had died when he was hit by the rock. There's also been 'deaths' such as Ienzo's parents, Simba's father, Barbossa was shot dead, Auron and everyone in the Underworld were dead, and I think Neku and his friends might have been dead (wasn't really explained well). So people can die - just wondering how it happens.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I've heard that people have hearts, a body and a soul. Losing their soul is apparently the equivalent of death. So I'm guessing that things such as old age, illness and serious injury can cause the loss of a soul (which is permanent death). So Simba's dad falling off the cliff, or Kairi's grandmother possibly dying of old age/illness. I understand that losing your heart or being consumed by darkness is not the same as death and is not permanent. This involves turning into a heartless. Losing your body is also not permanent (as long as you still have a soul) which I guess is the 'death' experienced by Roxas, Namine and Xion.
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]So I'll go through some of the deaths from the series:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]*Maleficent - she was bashed and bashed by Sora, Donald, Goofy and Beast until she exploded in flames (death by serious injury). I would assume she would have lost her soul (died) but she was sent to the realm of darkness according to COM. She then escaped in KH2. Why was she sent to the realm of darkness???
* Riku's[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIText] clone in COM - Bashed and bashed until he was no more (death by serious injury). I assume he died like a normal person and is gone forever.
* Xion [/FONT][FONT=.SFUIText]- bashed and bashed until she was no more. Another death by serious injury. Her memories have returned to Sora but does that mean she's still alive in some form? What about her soul???[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]* Roxas/Namine - still living inside Sora and Kairi[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]* Ansem - Same as Maleficent - that heart machine exploded on him which I assume would have caused a natural death by serious injury (and loss of soul) but he was also sent to the realm of darkness. Why wasn't be permanently killed??? [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]* Oogie Boogie/Ursula - bashed and exploded and I thought 'died' by serious injury but were revived. Were they sent to the realm of darkness and brought back by Maleficent or were they dead and brought back to life???[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]* Erauqs - seemed to also die through injury but people are saying he'll be back in KH3. Is he dead or is his heart/soul randomly somewhere???[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]So many things are not clear. Why do some (Ansem, Maleficent) get sent to the realm of darkness? I don't think everyone gets sent there because Aqua and Mickey didn't meet millions of dead people there. So when Mufasa died, he seemed to disappear forever so why didn't he get to go to the realm of darkness??? How would a person eliminate Maleficent or Ansem when they can just go to the Realm of Darkness and escape again? And unrelated question but why can't Ansem get out again since he managed to once before and also got Riku out too. And how the heck did Maleficent come back??? Are rules different in each world - Mufasa and Scar died the old fashioned way in the Pride Lands but that may not happen in Hollow bastion or TWTNW.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Next is Oogie Boogie, Ursula and Auron being resurrected. So can Maleficent bring anybody back to life? The same thing with Hades and the underworld? I think Xehanort should keep them a bit closer because that's a very valuable skill to have. I personally like to think of Oogie Boogie as just a thing controlled by bugs (not a real creature and Maleficent just put the thing together again) and Atlantica 2 as just a secret gay fantasy dreamed up by Sora and not real (there were no heartless, nothing made sense considering Atlantica 1, and singing in Atlantica is like every gay kids fantasy). So Maleficent may not have revived anyone and Auron may be an 'unsent' so technically not dead.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]So I guess my final questions - can they permanently destroy or kill Xehanort? Because injury hasn't worked on previous characters. And can they defeat Maleficent permanently? Can Hades bring back anyone who has died or only unsents like Auron? Also another random question - what was the Ursula in DDD?[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Please comment if you know a bit more information on death or would like to correct what I have written. Sorry if most of this sounds stupid but I don't feel it was explained well in the games.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SFUIText]
[/FONT]

vpha1313

Awards
I see your point as will try to explain as best as I myself understand. Yes death does exist for any living being in the KH Universe under normal circumstances. However, the power/magic of the Keyblade seems to affect how it's chosen wielders live and die. I equate Kingdom Hearts as the source of all light and hearts to be the "Heaven" and the Realm of Darkness to be the "Hell" for evil darkness-hearted beings. It possible since many of the main characters have magic to use it to hold on to live in some manner, such as Maleficent.

P.s. contrary to popular belief, the Seven Princesses of Heart are not immortal, they just happen to be the current line of the seven hearts of pure light but are still as mortal as Sora and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back