• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ridley Scott brings us Nottingham, new Monopoly movie

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com
Director Ridley Scott has been working thoroughly in pre-production to get ready for his upcoming film Nottingham, a retelling of the story of Robin Hood (played by Russell Crowe). Information can be found at the IMDB, here.

However, news has arisen now that Scott will take on a 'bizarre, big-screen adaption of the popular board game Monopoly'. Scott has been signed on by Universal to do so, and claims that the movie will have a 'futuristic edge', most likely 'akin to his 1982 epic Blade Runner'. Apparently, Corpse Bride screenwriter Pamela Pettler will be writing the screenplay.

But this is only the beginning, apparently. Transformers' Michael Bay is producing a film based on the Ouija board game, while a film version of the game Battleship is also supposedly in development.

Thoughts, opinions?

I'm (in a bizarre way) excited about both of Scott's upcoming films.

SOURCE: News from WENN

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
Nottingham doesn`t seem so bad, but a Monopoly movie? I wonder how they`re going to pull that off.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I saw this earlier and had to laugh. Just goes to show how far down the crap chute Hollywood has gone. No good ideas anymore.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Ridley Scott seems to make only decent movies every now and again. If you ask me, nothing he's done since has matched Alien and Blade Runner. Though Gladiator came close :/

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com
I was being sarcastic. o.o

Obviously they couldn't create a carbon copy of the game; we'd all loose our minds.
Although I can't wait to see who might portray that little man with the top-hat. Whatever his name is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back