• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Rikku's Last Mission

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
lol, remember this treasure? I don't think anyone does! It was lost in the reset of 05!

Let's start it again!

Chapter 1​

It was a boring day on the Celsius. Not a sound was being

emitted other than the dim humming of the engines. The blue sky in front of the

Celsius seemed endless. Two emerald eyes opened. A young woman moved her

long blond hair out of her eyes. "Ho hum," Rikku sighed. She was an Al Bhed, a

group that was persecuted for their different beliefs. She was seventeen and had

been through so many adventures. She wasn't really adapting to settling down.

She walked around the airship bored.

"What's wrong Rikku?" Paine asked. Paine was one her friends on the

Gullwings. She had just started to grow on to Rikku and they quickly became

closer.

"Nothing! That's the problem!" Rikku said.

"Oh... Well you want to go watch today's Blitzball game?" Paine asked.

"Oh yeah! It's the Aurochs against that new team! Ummm..." Rikku said.

"The Mushroom Rock Rockers." Paine answered.

"Yeah! Let's go!" Rikku said excitedly.

Rikku, excitedly, had run to the docking bay. "I don't want to be late Paine!"

she yelled. She opened the docking bay and quickly ran out.

"Rikku! No!" Paine yelled trying to catch her. "We didn't land it yet!" Rikku

started flying towards the ground at a dangerous rate. She closed her eyes

scared of what might happen next.

"Oh no! I'm too young to die!" Rikku yelled. She feared the worst. She closed

her eyes and the next thing she knew, landed on something. "Ow..." Rikku sighed.

"You guys... I don't think that we packed this in our boat," a voice said from

beneath her. Rikku looked down and blushed. She quickly regained to her senses

and jumped off.

"Pervert!" She yelled angrily.

"Your welcome," the man said embarrased. He was wearing a new blitzball

uniform. Rikku couldn't recognize the team or the logo. He had black hair all over

his face. He was a tall young man. He scratched the back of his head like nothing

happened."I.. Umm... Are you on that new Blitzball team?" Rikku asked nervously.

"Yeah. The Mushroom Rock Rockers," he said.

"Really? Umm... Yeah! I'll be watching!" Rikku said looking at him shyly.

"Cool! I'll be playing!" he said. Rikku forced a chuckle.

"Yep!" Rikku said. And with that, Rikku left and ran to the stadium. She got her

ticket and went to her seat. She saved some spots because she knew that Paine

and Yuna were going to watch the game with her. Paine came in looking worried.

"Rikku! You scared the hell out of me!" Paine said.

"I'm sorry I got you worried. Is Yuna with you yet?" Rikku asked.

"How'd you survive that fall?" Paine asked.

"Oh... well," Rikku said blushing thinking of her rescuer, "a guy caught me."

"Hmmm... Was it just any guy? Or was it a special guy?" Paine asked maliciously.

"Oh, it was one of the members of the new team," Rikku said, "now where's

Yunie?"

"Right here!" Yuna said smiling. Yuna was their leader. She was the one who

saved Spira two years ago from Sin and she's the one who saved Spira just

recently from the dreaded Vegnagun. "What's this I hear about a guy Rikku?"

Yuna asked.

"Oh nothing, I just fell out of the sky and he caught me," Rikku said.

"Really? What's his name?" Yuna asked.

"I umm... Don't know," Rikku said dissapointed.

Last edited:

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
How can I possibly give any feedback to a fic with only 157 words in the first chapter? (Yes, I counted, or rather, had my computer do it for me.) Rikku, who is the most awesome character in FFX, is not being given enough of a chance here. Make it longer, more descriptive, and I will consider it. Now march back to your keyboard!

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Okay then. Is it still too short? I'll try working on it. Thanks GaurdianofHearts.

Chapter 3

"You didn't get his name?" Paine asked suprised.

"No," said Rikku melancholy. She stared at the floor blushing. I should have got his name! Why was I so afraid to speak? Rikku thought.

"Did you guys talk?" Yuna asked.

"Yes... But it was just small talk. We talked about today's game and such," Rikku said.

"But you didn't get his name?" Paine asked.

"NO!" Rikku yelled angrily. Her cheeks were red with fury. "I didn't get his name okay! It's done and over with!" Rikku yelled.

"She's in love," Yuna said. "How cute!"

"I'm not in love! I'm just frustrated!" Rikku said. Am I in love? We had only just met... But... Rikku thought over this long and hard. The announcer of the Blitzball game had interrupted her train of thought.

"Welcome!" A loud voice boomed over the speakers, "to today's matchup! The Besaid Aurochs against the new Mushroom Rock Rockers!"

"There's lots of talk about this new team Jimma," the other announcer said, "Captained by Elma of the Youth League, this team of unruly warriors, bored in their downtime, formed this Blitzball team! I went to one of their practices and they're certainly not wet behind the ears!"

"Of course not! It's Blitzball! They're wet everywhere Bobba!" Jimma said.

"Ha ha, shut up Jimma," Bobba said. The teams went into the sphere pool and shook hands. Rikku kept an eye open for her rescuer. She looked very carefully.

"There he is!" Rikku yelled pointing to the center forward. His black hair waved slowly under the water. His green eyes met with Rikku's and he waved back at her. Rikku's heart melted. Yuna and Paine laughed at the blank look on her face.

"Why does he have green eyes?" Rikku said, "You think he's Al Bhed?"

"Well, only the Al Bhed have green eyes. Maybe he is Al Bhed!" Paine said.

"Damnit I wish I knew his name!" Rikku said. Yuna stared at her surprised.

"Rikku? You never swear out loud," Yuna said, "this is serious."

"I never meant to swear, I'm sorry," Rikku apologized.

The horn signaled the start of the game. The ball went to the Rockers. The center forward swam towards Tidus who was in front of him. Tidus came in with a kick but he was stopped when the forward grabbed Tidus' foot and swung him away. The forward kept on swimming on with the ball in hand. He was a couple yards away from the goal when three of the defenders stopped him. He kicked the ball into the stomach of the middle defender and as the ball flew back to him, he swam forward and caught it. He threw it past the goalie and scored one for the Rockers.

"Yeah! Kick ass!" Rikku yelled.

"Wow, she really into it," Paine said confused. The rest of the game went by with similar plays on both sides. The score at the end of the game was 7 to 5 Rockers.
The three went outside.

"I have some business to attend to," Rikku said.

"You're not going to sneak in to the Rockers locker room, try to get to talk to him, get his name, and come back with a cliche excuse like, I was busy are you?" Paine said. How'd she know? Rikku asked herself.

"No! I just have to umm... Get more candy! Yeah! Our candy supply has gone low so I'm going to refill it!" Rikku said.

"What candy supply?" Yuna asked confused. And with that, Rikku left.

How's that for ya?

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Here's chapter 4!

Chapter 4

Rikku, puzzled and almost lost, wandered through the halls. I have to find him now! Rikku thought over and over again. She made her way through what seemed like a sea of people. She passed a few faces a couple of times. "Damnit! I forgot that this path goes in a circle!" Rikku yelled. She ended up back in the front entrance. Yuna was waiting for her.

"Let's go Rikku! I have to see Tidus in the locker room!" Yuna yelled impatiently. Rikku thought carefully.

"How about I go with you?" Rikku asked.

"Fine, but let's go!" Yuna said running. Rikku and Yuna ran back into the locker rooms. "Here we are! The Aurochs' locker room! Rikku?" Yuna asked confused. "Where'd she go?"

Little did Yuna know, that Rikku had already found herself in the locker room of the Rockers. "Well... Where do I go now?" Rikku asked as she wandered around the locker room. She was stopped by a familiar voice.

"Umm... I don't think you should be in her miss," the voice said. Rikku turned around and saw her rescuer. His wet black hair got in the way of his green eyes. He smiled at her. She blushed because he was still in his towel. She thought of a test to see if he was truly Al-Bhed.

"E teth'd kad ouin hysa mycd desa," Rikku asked. He looked a bit bashful.

"I'm sorry, I don't really understand Al-Bhed. I tried learning but I was more into Blitzball at that time," he explained.

"Oh. Well I said, 'I didn't get your name last time'," she said.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't get yours either! I'm Gerard," he said. Gerard? she thought, So that's his name. He extended his hand to her.

"I'm Rikku!" she said smiling shaking his hand as he finished putting his regular clothes on. He wore a long black jacket. It reached down to his feet. On the inside was a black shirt and black jeans. His eyes opened. He got on onen knee and took Rikku's hand and kissed it.

"Lady Rikku, it is a pleasure," he said. Rikku melted inside. She couldn't believe this was happening. She was in utter shock.

"Oh my! You don't have to," Rikku explained.

"Oh yes I do! I must treat someone of such a high place in society with respect, Lady Rikku," he explained.

"Oh. I'm not really that important," she explained. He got up and the rest of the team was staring. Rikku giggled. He smiled back at Rikku and looked around.

"What?" Gerard asked.

"I'll be leaving now, can I see you sometime later Gerard?" Rikku asked shyly.

"Of course, do you mind waiting for me outside?" he asked.

"Yeah! See you outside!" Rikku said walking slowly backwards. She tripped over a bench and the team laughed. Gerard smiled and helped her up. She thanked him and met Yuna outside with Tidus.

"How'd it go?" Tidus asked.

"His name's Gerard," Rikku said entranced by thoughts of him.

"He's really cool. After the game ended, he apologized to me for kicking me in the second half," Tidus explained.

"Oh, how sweet!" Yuna said. "Come on, let's go back to the Celsius."

"I'm waiting for Gerard for now. I'll catch up to you later guys!" Rikku said. The two left and Rikku waited patiently.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Well, here's chapter 5.

Chapter 5

Rikku waited patiently for Gerard. She couldn't wait to talk more with him a bit more intimately. As the cold breeze came, she shivered. She crossed her arms trying to warm herself up. It was dark, and the night sky shone done to her so brightly she had a shadow.

"Brr... Where is he?" Rikku asked impatiently.

"Right her Rikku," Gerard came out smiling. He walked over and bowed to her. Rikku blushed as he got up. "You look cold. Take my jacket," he said taking off his jacket.

"Y'know, ya don't have to do that," Rikku said. Gerard looked puzzeled at her.

"The jacket thing or the bowing?" He asked.

"The bowing, but the jacket would be nice," Rikku said blushing, "we're friends now right?"

"Of course," he said putting his jacket on her. It was a bit long for her because Gerard was a bit taller than Rikku. She zipped up the jacket and felt a certain warmth that she hasn't felt before. The two walked forward towards the large monmuement in the plaza. Rikku and Gerard sat down on the bench near it.

"You played a great game y'know," Rikku said turning to him.

"Thanks, I guess I sorta wanted to win because well, you were there and I wanted to make some kind of impression" he replied blushing.

"Aww... How sweet," Rikku said blushing. "So, how long have you been into blitzball?" she asked trying to keep the conversation going.

"Well, it started when I was young. Living in the Sanubia Desert meant no water for miles. I've heard great stories of Blitzball and what it's like. I had a blitzball and I tried practicing everyday but it was hard without water. I had to train holding my breath and such in the oasis and some of my techniques there too. Now, here I am!" He said smiling.

"Really? If you lived in Home, how come you never learned Al-Bhed," Rikku asked.

"Well, no one ever really taught me. I picked up on how to speak normally through books I've read. I was a bit of a renegade kid," he said.

"Cool!" Rikku said.

"Actually, I wasn't any kind of renegade what so ever. I was what some people called a "cdnaad nyd". Not too sure what it meant, but they said it pretty mean," he said in a melancholy tone.

"Oh my," Rikku said sadly, "that meant street rat."

"Really? Well, I was an orphan. I had to get some respect at Home so I started reading and I moved here for schooling because I didn't know Al-Bhed. The hypello took care of me. Anyway, as soon as I heard there was a Blitz team for Mushroom Rock, I immediately tried out. They let me in because the Crusaders joined with the Al-Bhed in some mission. They wouldn't let me in the team until they believed they could trust me. Then they finally let me in, and once again, now here I am!" Gerard said.

"Wow, quite a backstory!" Rikku said. Rikku had no idea about Gerard's past until now. Hmm... Must've been a hard life she thought. Rikku slowly scooted closer to him. She gently leaned on him as Gerard's palms started to sweat. "So, do you have a girlfriend?" Rikku asked.

"Well, no," Gerard replied nervously. "Why do you ask," he asked.

"Just asking. Why not?" Rikku asked.

"Well, I sorta get nervous around girls," he said.

"So I'm a guy?" Rikku asked playfully.

"No! It's not that. I just got comfortable talking to you," he replied.

"Aww... It's really getting late. I'll catch you later okay?" Rikku asked.

"Sure! Where can we meet again?" Gerard asked anxiously.

"Tommorow, same place, in the morning," Rikku said as the two stood up.

"Okay, I'll be seeing you later," he said. Rikku got on her toes and kissed Gerard on the cheek. She started running. She looked back and waved at Gerard as he waved back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back