• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolts

This is my theory of how Riku didn't get the Kingdom Key. It starts when Ansem the wise starts his research of the heart. That in turn was what led Xehanort to conduct his own dark experiments. "Ansem" Report 11 says:
In opening the door that stores a world's hearts, the wall around that world is broken down. We see this as a shooting star. Through this, I have been able to understand the reason why the material known as Gummi Blocks has the ability to allow travel to other worlds.

The cause of a world's wall collapsing is the appearance of the Heartless, but finding a world's door takes time. And robbing a world of its heart is a similar case.

If the door has been closed by the key known as the Keyblade, you probably cannot reach that world's heart again. Before the one with the Keyblade appears in this world, I must take measures to do something.

Supposing that there is a close relationship between the Princesses and the Keyblade, it seems likely that they will resonate with each other...

I have chosen one special girl. I do not know if she possesses a power like that of the Princesses. But, there is a chance, and this is an experiment. She may lead me to the place where the one holding the key is...

I shall send her off to the ocean of other worlds.

That is Xehanort explaining his experiment to send Kairi off to Destiny Islands.
That is what led Riku to leave the islands before he got the Keyblade.
At the begining of KH1 Riku says:
"I wouldn't have known there where other worlds out there if it wasn't for you, Kairi."
or something like that...
Anyways, If Kairi hadn't come to Destiny Islands then Riku never would have searched for a way to different worlds. Also at some point on the islands Riku says:
"The door has opened Sora! I'm not afraid of the darkness!"
This proves that Riku knew about darkness connecting the worlds. Since Riku was accepting the darkness, he arrived at Hollow Bastion to reflect that. While Sora, who fought stayed on the islands long enough for Kairi's heart to go inside him and get Kingdom Key and then arrive at Traverse Town.
Then the story you know happened.
Now for Part two of my theory.
At the begining of the game, sora goes through training in his head and it says that he will open the door to light. Many people have wondered about that and I'll get to it later.
But what should have happened was that Kairi wouldn't have left Radiant Garden, and when her world was destroyed, since as "Ansem" Report 11 says:
Supposing that there is a close relationship between the Princesses and the Keyblade, it seems likely that they will resonate with each other...
Kairi's heart would have migrated to Riku because of that, like it did to Sora during the distruction of Destiny Islands. And since neither of them would have known about other worlds, during the "departure" Sora could have easily wound up at Hollow Bastion and Riku would have gotten the Kingdom key and gone to Traverse Town. Both of there roles would have been completely switched! But that was what was supposed to happen! Then at the end of KH2, Sora, using darkness with the keyblade Way to Dawn, and Riku traveling the worlds with Donald and Goofy, would have been at that dark beach where they had seen the door to light, they would have opened it TOGETHER!!!
So Sora's training at the begining of KH1 was true for both stories!
People, please post what you think about my theory.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Sora could have easily wound up at Hollow Bastion and Riku would have gotten the Kingdom key and gone to Traverse Town.

Possibly, but Sora does not look like the type that would accept the darkness... If things would have gone right, both Sora and Riku probablly would have ended up in Twilight Town... Sora would have probablly recieved a keyblade of twilight at a later time, like Riku had...

Kairi's heart would have migrated to Riku because of that, like it did to Sora during the distruction of Destiny Islands.

Maybe... Maybe not... Kairi was more friends with Riku as she was much closer to Sora... Since things did not go as they should have, we cannot tell what would have happen (which sucks)...

The rest is pretty much known facts...

Aros the lost

one flaw is that the Secret Ending for KH2 Final Mix shows Terra picking up Sora's keyblade
because of that many people speculate that he may be a relative of Sora

Besides that Sora was not born on the Island neither was Kairi but there is no evidence proving that Riku did or didn't

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
one flaw is that the Secret Ending for KH2 Final Mix shows Terra picking up Sora's keyblade
because of that many people speculate that he may be a relative of Sora

You could not be any more wrong if you tried...
Spoiler Spoiler Show
which is why Riku was supposed to get the Kingdom Key...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Besides that Sora was not born on the Island neither was Kairi but there is no evidence proving that Riku did or didn't

Proof please...? As far as I can remember, Sora has always been on Destiny Islands...

Aros the lost

You could not be any more wrong if you tried...
Spoiler Spoiler Show
which is why Riku was supposed to get the Kingdom Key...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Proof please...? As far as I can remember, Sora has always been on Destiny Islands...

Okay i may have been wrong bout the ties( I get names mixed up)
Sora washed up AFTER Kairi !!!!!!!!!! and Kairi's family adopted him

kh is ba

Sora isn't adopted and I don't remember anything about him arriving after kairi. He even said I think it was in CoM where he say said that he didn't know about other worlds till kairi came.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Sora washed up AFTER Kairi !!!!!!!!!! and Kairi's family adopted him

Umm...No...? Riku and Sora was talking in the Secret Spot just after Kairi comes... Xehanort sends Kairi to Destiny Islands... I have no earthly idea where you got that information, but it's 200% wrong...

Aros the lost

riddle me this then, if Kairi washed up on the island who's providing for her
B: I do believe that if Riku and Sora were there when Kairi washed up on the island then how come Sora doesn't know about the other worlds untill Riku introduces that idea

Last edited:

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
riddle me this then, if Kairi washed up on the island who's providing for her

Well, Riku said that she was at the Mayor's house, so maybe him... Or she could have been adopted... She was only 4 or 5...

B: I do believe that if Riku and Sora were there when Kairi washed up on the island then how come Sora doesn't know about the other worlds untill Riku introduces that idea

If I remember, during the same scene, Riku tells Sora that he wants to get off the island and go visit other worlds... Also, Sora was 5-6 and Riku was 6-7... Hince, they were young and ignorant...

moos

alright in deep dive when the numbers came across the screen number 5 or 7 ( i cant remember which) says:

sora why?"

"your majesty but why?"

"change the third key"

this suggests someone is asking king mickey why he wanted to change the third key (kingdom key) to sora and then giving in

Jolts

alright in deep dive when the numbers came across the screen number 5 or 7 ( i cant remember which) says:

sora why?"

"your majesty but why?"

"change the third key"

this suggests someone is asking king mickey why he wanted to change the third key (kingdom key) to sora and then giving in
This is what I think it means:
"Sora why?" refers to why he wants to go into the dark realm.
"Your majesty but why?" refers to why Mickey wouldn't tell him about Riku.
"Change the third key" refers to Way to dawn and how it changed from soul eater.
And 3 keys didn't come up until the end of KH2 and Sora and Riku getting each others keys didn't come up until Sunset Horizons. So, if what you say is true, it would most likely be refering to KH3.

gottaluvkh1992

Koudelka's Servant
i swear it has been proven riku didn't get the kingdom key because riku went into darkness and besides he was kinda up him self so why should he deserve it when sora has grown up being second best next to riku so he deserves it more

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
i swear it has been proven riku didn't get the kingdom key because riku went into darkness and besides he was kinda up him self so why should he deserve it when sora has grown up being second best next to riku so he deserves it more

Darkness has nothing to do with it... A person of light or darkness can weild a light or dark keyblade... Like Mickey, he weilds a dark keyblade (Inverse Key) while he is light... The most logic reason would be because Riku left the islands...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back