• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Saddest Video Game Moment

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolviana

What was the moment in a video game that made you feel the most emotional? That almost, or did, move you to tears?

I'm going to say, for me anyway, Zack's death in FFVII is the one that made me flat out cry. I still feel sad when I think about it.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Mine is in FFX, at the end, when (WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD) Tidus told Yuna he had to go, hugged her, and then jumped off the ship. That was the only part in a video game that ever made me cry.

hooded_twilight0

I know this doesn't really go outside the box, but at the end of Kingdom Hearts when Sora and Kairi were split up got me really chocked up and I was really sad the next day (I beat it right before I went to bed and when Zack died in FF VII I was sad too)

Light Aura

The end of Final Fantasy X made me really sad. The first few times I saw it I cried.

Hikari44

ALL of the ones above (spoileraeris' death, ending of FFX especially made me bawl for half an hour, auron's sendin, end of kingdom hearts, realization of how utterly horrible ff X-2 was) and even the end of ff8 even tho im not sure why since its happy lol.

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
Aerith's death wasn't all that sad to me. She was pretty much useless. IMO. Auron's sending was definately sad, but you were prepared for it. So, the saddest moment I can think of is Tidus' vanishing.

shortythugsta

G0t anth1ng 2 say b1+ch ?
einon_san said:
Aerith's death wasn't all that sad to me. She was pretty much useless. IMO. Auron's sending was definately sad, but you were prepared for it. So, the saddest moment I can think of is Tidus' vanishing.

i didnt really care about auron death because we all knew he was dead alrady and aris death is more sadder since she was actaully alie and she was a useful character she did some good damage and also, she had that healing limit break whichk i found very helpful at times

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Oh, there are so many to choose from, and hardly any of them come from a Final Fantasy associated with Tetsuya Nomura.

Final Fantasy IV had too many to recount off the top of my head.

Despite FFV's focus on gameplay over narrative, it wasn't without its moments. Galuf's death had a significant effect on me. Gilgamesh's sacrifice was probably the most poignant of the sad moments in FFV. Gilgamesh was awesome.

Final Fantasy VI had some really good ones. The most notable of these was, of course, Cid's death and its effect on Celes. I actually shed tears...more than I ever did for that flower girl. General Leo's death was also quite touching. Watching Kefka pick off the Espers one by one was sad in a sort of horrifying way.

Final Fantasy VII had one sad part, Aeris's demise.

The saddest moment in FFVIII was realizing how uninteresting the game gets after the spectacular end of the first disc.

Final Fantasy IX's saddest moment happens quite early on in the game. Watching the black mages getting snuffed by the Black Waltz was quite profound. Vivi had the best moments in the game, followed closely by Freya. Freya's sad moments were not so melodramatic so much as they were truly sad. To be forgotten is worse than death. People remember you after death, but to be forgotten is like never existing in the first place.

Final Fantasy X's saddest moment was realizing what Auron was.

FFX-2's saddest moment was the very beginnig. Turning Yuna into a popstar is comparable to starving orphans on Christmas.

X

XEDELAS

yes i agree with the ffx-2 thing but i still play it lol

umm hhmm i almost cried when i relised that leon had died then i found out he didnt lol

i actually laughed when auron left beacuase he goes "dont stop" and it sounds like a sexual refrence

i am actually not that emotional but kh1 ending got to me

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Basically ever time someone died in FFX I kinda cried a bit and when Tidus couldn't get his father back that was also sad to me and when Seymour detroyed half the Ronso that was also sad to me oh yeah the saddest part in that game was during that Operation they had forget what it was called but they were on the beach about to attack Sin and Most of those people died including Wakka's Friend and yeah going to the farplane is sad too

That's it for me

O

Orochi Yashiro

Right before you defeat Braska's final aeon. Saddest moment ever.

.:EngetsuDrake:.

Gurren Brigade FTW!
Square Ninja said:
Final Fantasy IX's saddest moment happens quite early on in the game. Watching the black mages getting snuffed by the Black Waltz was quite profound. Vivi had the best moments in the game, followed closely by Freya. Freya's sad moments were not so melodramatic so much as they were truly sad. To be forgotten is worse than death. People remember you after death, but to be forgotten is like never existing in the first place.
So true! But also when you heard that the Black Mages wold die pretty soon and well nearly the whole game was sad, Black in Evil forest, Burmecia kindoms and Clayras end, Drstruction of Lindblum, killing of Alexander, everything in Terre (espesyally when Zidane found out what he was made for), When they left Zidane bihind to save Kuja, Kujas offer to save the world...=Wery sad game...+ The ending of Kindom hearts, and when Rikus soul stopped Ansem, when Sora offered himself for Kairi. And FFX ending...

S

Shadow Soldier

This thread might as well be called "Saddest Final Fantasy Moment" God damn...

The saddest moment for me, Auron sending of course. But other than that, In Socom II, when I beat the last level, and I saved Seattle from getting blown up. And then that heroic music played... I cried because I did something good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back