• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~Sephiroth Strategy/Gummi Ship Tutorial/Final Mix Details INSIDE!~ *Spoilers*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

強固な弾幕

Table of Contents:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Introduction/Questions
2. SEPHIROTH!
2.1. Questions
2.2. Abilities you want to have
2.3. Magic you want to have
2.4. Equipment you want to have
2.5. Items you want to have
2.6. Weapons you want to have
2.7. Strategy With (Air) Combo Plus
2.8. Fighting Sephiroth Without (Air) Combo Pluses
2.9. Attacks
2.10. Battle Quotes
3. GUMMI SHIP!
3.1. Questions
3.2. Gummi Block Menu
3.3. Gummi Ship Creation Screen
3.4. List of Gummi Blocks
3.5. Blueprint Locations
4. FINAL MIX!
4.1. Questions
4.2. Final Mix New Features
5. The End...

1. Introduction/Questions
Hi, in this topic you can learn about the Gummi Ship, obtain strategies for defeating Sephiroth, and figure out the features of the Final Mix version of KH by yours truly. I want to give credit to the guys that made the FAQs for the G.Ship, Sephiroth, and Final Mix for making such great FAQ BTW (I wish people would look at them and not ask for help here...). Anyways, I hope his topic helps. ^_^

Q1. Why the hell did you make this topic when there are FAQs for all this!?
A1. Well, I know that. I made this because even with those FAQs, people still ask questions about these three things in this message board, I figured that this topic might help. I tried to dumb down things as much as possible to be more clear and understandable. Also, I'm bored, I like writing, so writing this is enjoyable for me.

Q2. This topic sucks, where can I get more information?
A2. Go to the FAQs!

Q3. What can I do in this Topic?
A3. Well, if you have any questions about certain things (Things about the Gummi Ship, Sephiroth, or Final Mix BTW!), feel free to ask them. You can also keep this place bumped (I actually want it to be stickied....but I don't know how that works), add more tips on the three subjects as well (Add to the strategies, information, and Gummi Tutorial), or just stay here and talk.

Q4. Can you help me with Leon and/or Riku?
A4.Um....no. But here are some tips: For Leon, wait till he slashes around with his sword, when he stops, combo him. Just repeat and dodge his other attacks by staying away from him. Be sure to bring some potions, I beat him at LV.7. For Riku, just dodge one of his sword attacks, then combo him with a 3-hit combo. Then, just hit him ONCE because he will now do that leg attack of his, dodge this. It is basically a dodge, hit 3 times, dodge, hit once, dodge, and repeat type of thing.

Q5. Can you give me tips for the rest of the optional bosses now?
A5. No.

2. SEPHIROTH!

2.1. Questions:
First let me start off by answering some more questions:

Q1. Sephiroth isn't hard, why did you bother with a strategy for him?
A1. You see, Sephiroth is one of the bosses in this game that doesn't require button mashing, it requires pure strategy. Not everyone knows what strategies to use on this boss and always end up losing. If you think he is easy, then you obviously memorized all his patterns by now and congratulations, but some people have not so I decided in making some strategy that will hopefully be somewhat helpful.

Q2. What level did you beat Sephiroth in / What level should I be?
A2. The first time I beat him, I was LV.65. The lowest I have beaten him is LV.49. But until you become a veteran at fighting him, the best level to fight him is 65-75.

Q3. What Level/Place should I be in to obtain all the necessary abilities to fight him?
A3. Sora's abilities depend on the items you chose in the beginning (Sword, Shield, or Staff), but normally, I think you should be LV.66+ if you want my strategy to be effective. Also, you should have beaten Chernabog in the "End of the World" to have obtained SuperGlide.

Q4. Wait....your strategy doesn't work if I am lower than LV.66?
A4. Well...yes and no. You see as mentioned above, it depends on the items you chose in the beginning. Lets say you chose the staff, you won't be getting Combo or Air Combo Plus till level 60-66 which changes my strategy entirely. This is because you will be left off with 3-hit combo attacks and when you hit Sephiroth with these combos, he will not teleport behind you, but be pushed back instead. He will then slash once and use Flame Pillar. 3-hit combos also take longer to deplete his HP bar. But overall, I will make a section stating the differences between Fighting him With and Without (Air) Combo Pluses.

Q5. Can we see videos of you beating Sephiroth?
A5. I wanted to do that, but my cousin deleted my KH save file on his memory card where I was level 51. My only save file now is my 100% complete file and I know you guys don't want to see a video of me beating Sephiroth at LV.100 with my Ultima Weapon and Max stats. After replaying this game 3 times over (Normal 100%, Expert, then Normal again), I don't feel like replaying it over to do this, I guess I got tired of it as sad as it is (Can't wait for KH2!). Besides, I don't have a digital camera and my crappy computer doesn't burn/play DVDs (I was gonna use my sisters computer but....meh).

Q6. How do I fight Sephiroth?
A6. You have to seal the Hallow Bastion Keyhole, go to Olympus colisseum, and just choose the last fight with the question marks (????).

2.2. Abilities you want to have
You might want to use AP Ups or equip things that increase AP to have all this. Also, the *'s I put next to the abilities represents how important they are, but you should still have them all equipped. * = Not THAT important, * * * * * = VERY IMPORTANT, and (Optional) = you don't need it at all.

1. Two MP Rages * * *
2. 1 Combo Plus * * *
3. 1+ Air Combo plus * * *
4. Counterattack *
5. MP Haste * *
6. Strike Raid * *
7. Arcs Arcanum *
8. HighJump * *
9. Glide * *
10. SuperGlide * * *
11. Guard (Optional)
12. Second Chance * * * * *
13. Dodge Roll * * * * *
14. Critical Plus *

2.3. Magic you want to have

1. Curaga * * * * *
2. Aerora or Aeroga * * *

2.4. Equipment you want to have

This 100% depends on what YOU want. The Gaia Bangle, Omega arts, and Crystal crown are the best IMO, but this seriously depends on what you need at the moment.

2.5. Items you want to have
You shouldn't need items for this battle, but if you want.....I recommend you equip 2 Ethers, 1 Elixer, and fill the rest of the slots with Hi-Potions.

2.6. Weapons you want to have:
Choose one:

1. Metal Chocobo (Excellent Range)
2. Olympia (Deals strong Critical hits)
3. OathKeeper (Increases Magic)
4. Oblivion (Amazing Attack/Strength)
5. LionHeart (Increases Magic and has balanced Attack/Strength)
6. Ultima Weapon (Has every weapon attribute and is the strongest of them all)

2.7. Strategy (With (Air) Combo Plus)

Before I start, here is a list of Sephiroth's Health Bars:

1. Invisible (First Phase....don't think that he is invincible)
2. Purple (First Phase)
3. Yellow (Second Phase)
4. Green (Third Phase)

Phase 1: Okay, this is his first phase of course. He basically just walks slowly toward you and slashes when you are near in this phase. Okay, in order to hurt him effectively in this phase, jump up above him and combo him until he teleports (Should take 4 hits). Now you can make a decision on the strategy you make:

A. When he teleports behind you and attacks, dodge roll to the opposite direction in which you are facing (The direction where Sephiroth is about to attack you in), Sephiroth will slash forward, miss you, and back up in front of you where you just dodge rolled, now is your chance to attack him again. You can just repeat this till his next phase begins (Yellow bar).......but this can be risky if he counters your attack, so I only recommend doing this if you are risky and have 2 Air Combo Plus's equipped.

B. When he teleports behind you and attacks, dodge roll to your left or right and SuperGlide out of the way. Just keep on jumping above him, attacking him till he teleports, Dodge rolling/SuperGliding out of the way, and repeating till the first phase is done.

Also, it is safe to note that Sephiroth uses Flame Pillar in this Phase. He uses this when you don't attack for a while and let him slash the air 3-4 times and when you don't finish completing a combo (Stop midway before making him teleport). Try to avoid this attack.

Attacks: Basic Sword Slash, Teleport Sword Slash, Flame Pillar

Phase 2: When his Yellow bar becomes visible, he will teleport, jump to one side of the arena, and taunt you by saying, "Come On!" You have now entered phase 2. When he jumps to another side of the arena, SuperGlide to him and hit him while he is saying "Come on", he basically gives you free hits. Depending on how many (Air) Combo Plus's you have, he will either stand still (1 Combo plus) or teleport and attack you (Lots of Combo Plus's). Anyways, after his little taunting, he will start running around and immediatly teleport and use DHA (Descend Heartless Angel). When he teleports, lock-on to him immediatly and either:

A. Run/SuperGlide to him and combo him (You can also use Arcs Arcanum, but this wastes MP). If you do this, Sephiroth will teleport and attack after your combo, so just dodge roll out of the way. NOTE: If you stop your combo before he teleports or do not complete it, he will use Flame Pillar and burn your arse.

B. If he is too far away, Run/Dodge Roll to him until Strike appears on your command menu, now use Strike Raid. NOTE: If you use Strike Raid when he uses DHA, he will then use Flame Pillar instantly, this gives you a chance to heal if you need to.

In phase 2, he basically runs around like a maniac and attacks you when you are near. Either:

A. Run the opposite direction from him while having him locked on, if he slashes you, jump above him and attack, you can also SuperGlide away from him.

B. Use Strike Raid on him a lot.

In this phase he also teleports very frequently. When he teleports lock-on immediatly, if he attacks you from behind, just dodge roll out of the way or HighJump. If he uses DHA, then use the strategy stated above. His most dangerous attack in this form other then DHA is his OmniSlash, when he uses it you should:

A. Dodge Roll rapidly and use Curaga everytime he hits you (You can also cast Aerora/Aeroga if you use this strategy, but this wastes MP).

B. Use Strike Raid (Strike, Raid, Raid, Raid, Judgement) until he stops his Omnislash (You are invincible while you use Strike Raid). This is the most recommended strategy IMO.

NOTE: After he is done with Omnislash and you hit him immediatly after, he will teleport and use DHA. I recommend you do this for some free hits.

The best way to beat him at Phase 2 is using Strike Raid while he is running around, using combos on him when he uses DHA, and hitting him when he slashes and misses you.

Attacks: Basic Sword Slash, Teleport Sword Slash, Flame Pillar, Descend Heartless Angel, OmniSlash

Phase 3: Okay, when his health bar turns green, he will summon a green and black vortex around him. Welcome to the last and final phase. Sephiroth will eventually start glowing whitish blue. He will begin the phase by taunting you again and saying, "Come on!". When he says this, he will summon darkness balls around you, just jump up to dodge them. Sephiroth will then teleport, appear in the middle of the arena, and say, "I will lead you to the Promised Land.". He will now use Meteor Shower on you, when the meteors appear, Glide (Not SuperGlide, just Glide) until they all land. The meteors will now circle around, I suggest you cast Aerora or Aeroga (The meteors hurt by a lot) and just try to dodge the Meteors by using dodge roll. After this, Sephiroth will send the Meteors into a black hole and throw a HUGE blast of energy at you, to dodge this, just dodge roll or SuperGlide toward Sephiroth (go behind him). After the Meteor Shower is over, Sephiroth will say "That was true power!" and Phase 3 will really begin.

In Phase 3, Sephiroth runs around like in phase 2, but with one exception, he will now leave darkness balls everywhere he goes. You obviously get hurt if you touch them, so you cannot chase Sephiroth anymore. He has also replaced his Basic sword slashes with Tornado Sword Slashes that deal A LOT of damage. Not only this, but he also likes surrounding you with Darkness balls or throwing streams of them at you. If this wasn't enough, he still uses DHA, OmniSlash, Flame Pillar, and might even use Meteor Shower again if you wait too long. What's that, MORE BAD NEWS!? Yes, now you cannot barely hear when he says "Descend heartless Angel", so you might need to be more aware than ever!

While in this Phase, DO NOT hesitate to use Curaga, you WILL need it. This is the phase where you might want to use MP items like Ether or Elixer as well. The strategy to this phase is to stay far away from Sephiroth and memorize his dialouge. When he says "Dodge this!", he will use a Tornado Sword Slash, so just dodge roll as far away as possible (Might take a couple of rolling), if you manage to dodge this, then this is your chance of using Arcs Arcanum on him. When he says "Come on!", he will summon a circle of Darkness balls around you, jump toward Sephiroth (While at the same time dodging the darkness balls) and combo him. If he throws streams of Dark balls at you, SuperGlide away from Sephiroth (He might use a Tornado Sword slash) and dodge them. If he teleports, he will not sword slash you anymore, he will use a Tornado Sword Slash behind/at you, just dodge roll forward to dodge this. If he uses DHA, Omnislash, or Meteor Shower, use the same strategy from before.

The best strategy to use in this phase is staying away from Sephiroth and using Strike Raid. When he uses T.Sword Slashes, just try to dodge it and use Arcs arcanum. When he summons a circle of D.Balls at you, just jump up and attack him. You need to use Strike Raid and Arcs Arcanum frequently, so judging that you have MP Rage, let Sephiroth hit you when you are out of MP, use curaga, and use more Strike Raids and Arcs Arcanums on him.

When he says "The Planet...it has failed me!", Congratualations, you have won! 18,000 EXP + Bragging Rights, baby!

Attacks: Tornado Sword Slash, Teleporting Tornado Sword Slash, Flame Pillar, Descend Heartless Angel, OmniSlash, Darkness balls, Meteor Shower

2.8. Fighting Sephiroth Without (Air) Combo Pluses

Okay, these are some new things that occur when you don't fight Sephiroth without Combo Pluses or Air Combo Pluses:

1. You will only have 3-hit Combos, so Sephiroth will not teleport and attack after you combo him, he will instead be pushed back (Unless you hit him in the air while jumping twice, land, and then hit him two more times).

2. After your combos, Sephiroth will always swing his sword and then use Flame Pillar Instantly (Sometimes he will just use Flame Pillar). This makes the First phase VERY annoying and long.

3. The overall fight is longer and your attacks will do less damage.

4. Since your combos are so short, the probability of you not completing your combos increases. This means that Sephiroth might actually hit you with Flame Pillar a lot. Try to have long ranged Keyblades equipped if you are going to fight Sephiroth without (Air) Combo pluses (Like Metal Chocobo or Ultima Weapon) in order to make combos easier to complete.
2.9. Attacks

Here's a list of Sephiroth's Attacks and how to dodge them:

1. Basic Sword Slash - This attack is his most common one, he just tries to slice you with his sword. If you fight him in your 50's, you will be impressed by seeing how his most common attack reduces your HP by half. There are many ways to dodge this and here they are:

A. Jump and dodge.
B. Dodge Roll away from the attack.
C. Parry this attack with your Keyblade. NOTE: If you do this and have CounterAttack Equipped, you will be able to gain a free combo on Sephiroth (I like doing this).

2. Teleport Sword Slash - When you use 4-hit Combos on Sephiroth and during the his Second Phase, Sephiroth will teleport behind you and attack. To dodge this, you may:

A. Dodge roll to your left or right when he appears behind you.
B. HighJump above him.

3. Flame Pillar - When you don't complete a combo, wait a long time till Sephiroth swings his sword 3 time, use Strike Raid on him while he uses DHA, or Fight him without any (Air) Combo pluses and combo him, Sephiroth will use Flame Pillar. He basically says "Out of my way" and then summons a huge pillar of fire around him, and if you are near, you might get burned. To dodge this, you may:

A. Dodge roll in time.
B. SuperGlide in time.
C. If you get stuck in the middle of it, you WILL get hurt twice if you don't act quick, so use Arcs Arcanum or Strike Raid on Sephiroth if you get stuck inside the flames.

4. Descend Heartless Angel - Ah yes, I think you all know what this attack is. Sephiroth will teleport during the Second or Third phase, appear somewhere in the arena, chant "Descend Heartless Angel", and then hit you with an attack that reduces your HP to 1 and MP to 0. After he is done with this, he will teleport behind you and finish you off. To dodge this, you may:

A. Run/SuperGlide to him and then Combo or use Arcs Arcanum on his arse.
B. Run to him if he is too far away and then use Strike Raid.

If he hurts you with DHA, you may:

A. Use a Hi-Potion, let him hit you (Only if you have MP Rage Equipped), and then use Curaga.
B. Use an Ether and then use Curaga.
C. Waste an Elixer.

5. OmniSlash - IMO, this is the most dangerous attack he has. He will say "Prepare yourself" or "Come Power" and then fly around, swinging his sword rapidly at you (Unlike Cloud). When he finishes, he will say "No more games... show me what you've got" and hurt you with a near unavoidable shackwave that hurts A LOT. You cannot hurt him while he is doing this either. To dodge this, you may:

A. Cast Aerora/Aeroga (If you want to waste MP), dodge roll around like a maniac, and use Curaga everytime he hits you.
B. Use Strike Raid until he finishes the attack.

6. Darkness Balls - During the third phase, he will summon dark-like balls (*Snickers*) everywhere he runs. He will also summon a circle of them around you and say "Come On" and throw Streams of them at you. To dodge them....just jump or dodge roll away from them.

7. Meteor Shower - Okay, this attack reminds me of a less flashy SuperNova from FF7......(Must be the meteors). Anyways, he will begin by saying "I will lead you to the Promised Land", he will then summon/impact meteors onto the arena, each meteor will each bring shockwaves onto the arena (They hurt), the meteors will then circle around the arena (Hurting you if you touch them), and then Sephiroth will bring the Meteors into a black hole and pretty much throw it at you in the form of a HUGE Energy blast. There are steps on how to dodge this attack:

A. To dodge the Meteor Shockwaves, Glide around the arena (while trying to avoid gliding into Meteors at the same time).
B. When the Meteors begin circling around, cast Aerora/Aeroga and try to dodge roll away from the meteors.
C. To avoid the Giant Energy Blast, just Dodge Roll or SuperGlide toward Sephiroth (Try to end up in back of him)

8. Tornado or Spinning Sword Slash - During the third phase, Sephiroth will replace his Basic Sword Slash (He still uses it, but not that much) with a Spinning or Tornado Sword Slash. He basically spins around in the air toward you with his sword and say "Dodge this". Just Dodge Roll away from him a couple of times to avoid getting hit.

9. Teleporting Tornado Sword Slash - Instead of teleporting behind you and attacking you with a Basic Sword Slash, he will use a Tornado Sword Slash. Just Dodge Roll forward to avoid getting hit.

2.10. Battle Quotes

These are Sephiroth's Battle Quotes: *Credit to AnotherGamer (Creator of the Battle Quote FAQ) for this*

"Come."
"Out of my way."
"Time to die...(?)"
"Descend, Heartless Angel! "
"I'm...chosen one!"
"Come...to be one!(?)
"I will lead you to the Promised Land."
"That was true power!"
"Come power!"
"Prepare yourself!"
"No mercy...time to die(?)!"
"No more games... show me what you've got!"
"Dodge this!"
"Meet your fate!"
"The Planet...it has failed me!"

3. GUMMI SHIP!
Note: Please note that this Gummi Tutorial was made to provide strategy only if you have rescued all 99 Dalmatians and have gotten the entire Gummi Collection. Having the Gummi Collection makes all this more understandable.

3.1. Questions

Q1. How do I go to the Gummi Ship Menu?
A1. Press square in the world selection screen.

Q2. How do I obtain Blueprints?
A2. You get them by destroying enemy ships and obtaining their blueprint and by visiting Geppetto after Monstro (You get blueprints depending on the amount of heartless you have destroyed).

Q3. How do I get Gummi Blocks?
A3. Either find the Gummis yourself by destroying objects while riding the Gummi Ship and collecting the items dropped (Gummis) or find all 99 Dalmations and receive the entire Gummi Collection from Pongo and Perdita in the Dalmation house.

Q4. What relevance does the Gummi Ship have to the game?
A4. You ride the ship from world to world till you visit the "End of the World" (Then you can use the Navi-G to travel from world to world). I know you all hate the Gummi ship thing at first! ;)

Q5. Have you ever modified Blueprint Gummi Ships or created your own Gummi Ship from scratch?
A5. Yes, I have turned the Hyperion into my very own Hyperion 2 (Added upgrades to it). I have also made my own Gummi Ship (That one sucked, so I gave it a Transform Gummi and mixed it with my Hyperion 2) and my very own Gummi Robot (I like that one).

Q6. Do you consider yourself to be the best Gummi Ship creator?
A6. HELL NO! I've seen Gummi Ships 100x better than my crap.

Q7. Then why did you create this Tutorial?
A7. Hey, I'm not the best, but I know how to make them at least. I know a lot of people don't know how to do this Gummi stuff and go through the game without changing theirs (Like I did). ;)

3.2. Gummi Block Menu
Here is where you can find out about the Gummi Menu!

1. Garage - This is the main part of the Gummi Menu. This is where you create your own Gummi Ship or modify some of the Blueprint Gummi Ships. When you go to the Garage, you will see a list of Gummi Ships, either choose one or go to New and create your own. After that, you will go to the Gummi Ship creation screen.

2. Gummi Ship - Here you can see all the Gummi ships that you've created. There are 4 parts to this menu:
A. Change Ship - Here you can change the ship you currently have with another one you want to ride.
B. Rename - Here you can Rename your ship.
C. Config. - Here you can change the controls of your ship (Controller buttons).
D. Transform - This one is one that confuses a lot of people. In order to access this menu, you must equip two different Gummi Ships with a Transform-G (Gotten later on in the game). Now that they are equipped with it, go to the Transform menu and the names of the two ships should appear under "Gummi Ships with Transform Gummis". Just pair the two ships together now. When you ride the Gummi Ship you have, press L1 or whatever you put for Transform in the Config menu and you can now transform between the two ships.

3. Inventory - Here you can basically see all the Gummi and Blueprints that you have collected.

4. Help - Here you can learn about Gummi Blocks, Blueprints, the Gummi Garage, Specs, Computer, Painting, and Gummi types.

5. Tutorial - Here you can gain more information about Gummi Ships if this topic doesn't help. Now you can use the Tutorial in KH (Which explains everything in a complicated way), the Gummi FAQ (Which gives a full explanation to everything), and this topic (Which dumbs down and shortens everything for teh noobs) for help! ^_^

6. Exit - Here you can exit the Gummi Block Menu.
3.3. Gummi Ship Creation Screen

This is it, creating your own Gummi Ship or just adding to the Blueprints. Go to the Garage and either choose a blueprint (Ship) or choose New 1-7 to make your own ship. You will now go to the GSCS (Gummi Ship Creation Screen). I am going to go step by step here:

I. Select Mode
Okay, lets get to know the GSCS. When you have reached the GSCS, you will immediatly begin in Select mode. If you take a look at the left part of the screen, you should see a box-like thing with a blue upper part resembling a cockpit, well guess what, IT IS a cockpit! Now look at the upper part of the screen and you will see a name, "Cure-G", this is the name of the box thing. That left part of the screen with the box is where all your Gummi is (Cure-G is a Gummi). There are different types of Gummi: Cockpit, Engines, Armor 1, Armor 2, Armor 3, Wing, Special, and Weapons. The only ones you need on your Gummi is a Cockpit and Engines, but we WANT Weapons and Armor as well. The rest of the things are optional.

A. Controls -
1. If you press the arrows of your controller left or right, you can change your Gummi from a variety of different types of Gummi. To make things clear, this switches the Gummi Class.

2. If you press the arrows of your controller Up or Down, you can change your Gummi, but the type should stay the same. Example is that if you press the Up Arrow while having Cure-G as your Gummi, it should switch to Curaga-G (Assuming that you have this Gummi). Press the Down Arrow to change it back to Cure-G. Sometimes pressing the Up or Down arrows will change your Gummi to another type of Gummi as well, Example: You press the down arrow while having Cure-G as your Gummi and it will switch to Ultima-G (Weapon type). To make things clear, this switches the Gummi in general.

3. Pressing the O or Start button will take you out of the GSCS and bring you to a screen asking whether you want to save your Gummi Ship. Try to avoid these buttons unless you are done.

4. If you move your left analog stick, it will move your Gummi. You want to use this if you want a Gummi to be facing a specific direction on your ship.

5. If your move your right analog stick, it will move the Grid (The Grid is the main part of the GSCS in which your ship is displayed or where you can see your ship now).

6. Pressing the Square button will activate Paint mode which is basically a mode in which paint spray appears and you can paint your Gummi parts different colors. Press O to cancel this mode or the left or right Arrows to begin painting.

7. Press Select to view the controls for this mode and make everything I have written thus far useless. ^_^

8. Either Press R1 or X to switch to Build mode. Pressing R1 will JUST let your switch to Build mode. In order to choose a Gummi, you must press X, by pressing this, you will be switched to build mode in which you can use the Gummi and begin building.

II. Build Mode
This is the main part of the GSCS (Gummi Ship Creation Screen), this is where you begin to build. Press R1 or choose a Gummi by pressing X to reach this mode.

B. Controls -
1. In order to move the Gummi you have selected or select a Gummi part attached to your ship, press the arrow buttons on your controller. It is simple, but the arrows only move the Gummi forward, backward, left, and right, so how do we attach the Gummi to the upper or Down part of the Gummi ship (Or Grid)? Simple:

2. If you press the L1 or L2 button, it will move the grid/screen up or down. Use these buttons to move around your Gummi on the upper or down parts of the Gummi Ship/Screen.

3. The Select button, Start button, and the Left and Right analog do the same thing as in Select mode. The right analog stick is used to see move the screen/grid, this allows you to see all around your Gummi Ship and place Gummis in areas you would not normally see (Left, Right, below, above, etc.).

4. If you press the Square button, you will activate a square around your ship, this allows you to move your entire ship around the Grid/Screen using the arrows. You can also move the Left analog stick to move the direction in which your ship is facing (Be cautious when doing this) and press the Triangle button to delete the entire ship (Be cautious when doing this as well). Press O to cancel this mode.

5. If you move your Gummi or square toward an attached Gummi part of a Gummi Ship or any Gummi you have attached, the name of that Gummi will appear in Red. While you see a Gummi name in red, you can Press O to remove that Gummi from the ship.

6. To go back to Select mode in order to select more Gummi, just press R1. To go to Inspect Mode, press R2.

7. FINALLY, this is the main part. In order to make your own ship you must.....*Drumrolls*.......Press the X button in Build Mode while having selected a Gummi. Yes, it is that simple, you just have to press X to attach a Gummi to the Screen or Ship and you can remove it by using the arrow/L1 and L2 buttons to get near it and pressing O to remove it. Best thing is, you don't need to attach Gummi in any specific place, you can randomly place a Gummi whereever the hell you feel like! It is just like playing with Legos. For you beginners that don't know anything about the Gummi Ships, here is a mission: Go to the GSCS, press X to select a Cure-G Gummi, press X to attach it to the Grid/Screen in Build mode, Press R1 to return to Select mode, move the arrow button left or right till you reach a Fire-G, press X to select it, press X anywhere on the Grid in Build mode, and finally press start for you have just created your very own Gummi Ship. ;)

*NOTE*: In Build Mode, the Gummi you have selected will become invisible when you move it in areas that it cannot be attached in. You can see your Gummi in areas that you CAN attach/place it in.

III. Inspect Mode
This mode is optional, but is nifty because the point of it is to show your Gummi Ship in Action. Just press R2 in Build mode in order to go to Inspect mode.

C. Controls
1. You can press Square in order to see your Ship's status. Note that if it says "NO" next to Flyable, then you cannot fly this ship and must place in engines. Press O to cancel.

2. You can press Triangle in order to view your Ship's configuration or controls. Press O to cancel.

3. You can press X in order to do an experimentation on your Ship's attacks/abilities.

4. You can move the right analog stick in order to rotate your ship.

5. You can press L1 and L2 to Zoom in and out.
3.4.List of Gummi Blocks
*Credit to JungleJim, creator of the Gummi Ship FAQ*

--------------
Cockpits
--------------

Type Size Max Cost Desc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cure-G 2x2x2 1 Recovery from items
Curaga-G 2x2x2 1 500 Better recovery from items
Life-G 2x2x2 1 750 Restore ARM once **
Full-Life-G 2x2x2 1 Restores max ARM once

-------------
Engines
-------------

Type Size Max Cost Desc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Fire-G 1x1x1 6 120 Low-power, supercompact
Fira-G 1x1x2 6 250 Mid-power, compact
Firaga-G 2x2x2 4 500 Mid-power, mid-size
Flare-G 1x1x3 4 1000 High-power, mid-size **
Holy-G 2x2x2 2 1500 High-power, full-size **

-----------
Armor
-----------

Type Size Max Cost Desc.
----------------------------------------------------
Protect-G cube 1x1x1 99 20 Armor Lv. 1
Protect-G wedge 1x1x1 99 20 Armor Lv. 1
Protect-G pyramid 1x1x1 99 20 Armor Lv. 1
Protect-G cylinder 1x1x1 30 20 Armor Lv. 1
Protect-G pie 1x1x1 30 20 Armor Lv. 1
Protect-G round corner 1x1x1 10 20 Armor Lv. 1
Protect-G cone 1x1x1 10 20 Armor Lv. 1
Protect-G dome 1x1x1 10 20 Armor Lv. 1
Shell-G cube 1x1x1 99 Armor Lv. 2
Shell-G wedge 1x1x1 99 Armor Lv. 2
Shell-G pyramid 1x1x1 99 Armor Lv. 2
Shell-G cylinder 1x1x1 20 Armor Lv. 2
Shell-G pie 1x1x1 20 Armor Lv. 2
Shell-G round corner 1x1x1 8 Armor Lv. 2
Shell-G cone 1x1x1 8 Armor Lv. 2
Shell-G dome 1x1x1 8 Armor Lv. 2
Dispel-G cube 1x1x1 99 Armor Lv. 3
Dispel-G wedge 1x1x1 99 Armor Lv. 3
Dispel-G pyramid 1x1x1 99 Armor Lv. 3
Dispel-G cylinder 1x1x1 10 Armor Lv. 3
Dispel-G pie 1x1x1 10 Armor Lv. 3
Dispel-G round corner 1x1x1 6 Armor Lv. 3
Dispel-G cone 1x1x1 6 Armor Lv. 3
Dispel-G dome 1x1x1 6 Armor Lv. 3

-----------
Wings
-----------

Type Size Max Cost Desc.
-------------------------------------------------------
Aero-G < 1x1x1 99 20 Manuever Lv. 1
Aero-G > 1x1x1 99 20 Manuever Lv. 1
Aero-G square 1x1x1 99 20 Manuever Lv. 1
Aerora-G < 1x1x2 30 40 Manuever Lv. 2
Aerora-G > 1x1x2 30 40 Manuever Lv. 2
Aeroga-G < 1x1x3 20 Manuever Lv. 4
Aeroga-G > 1x1x3 20 Manuever Lv. 4
Float-G < 1x1x3 10 Manuever Lv. 3
Float-G > 1x1x3 10 Manuever Lv. 3
Tornado-G < 2x1x2 10 Manuever Lv. 5
Tornado-G > 2x1x2 10 Manuever Lv. 5

-------------
Weapons
-------------

Type Size Max Cost Desc.
---------------------------------------------------------
Thunder-G 1x1x2 10 500 Cannon Lv. 1
Thundara-G 1x1x2 8 1000 Cannon Lv. 2
Thundaga-G 1x1x3 6 1500 Cannon Lv. 3 **
Comet-G 1x1x2 8 500 Laser Lv. 1
Meteor-G 1x1x2 6 1500 Laser Lv. 2
Ultima-G 1x1x3 4 Laser Lv. 3

-------------
Special
-------------

Type Size Max Cost Desc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Drain-G < 4x1x1 4 500 Grab one item
Drain-G > 4x1x1 4 500 Grab one item
Esuna-G circle 1x1x1 6 400 Reveal Lv. 2
Esuna-G square 1x1x1 10 250 Reveal Lv. 1
Haste-G 1x1x2 2 1000 Booster Lv. 1
Haste2-G 1x1x2 2 1500 Booster Lv. 2 **
Osmose-G < 4x1x1 2 1000 Grab many items **
Osmose-G > 4x1x1 2 1000 Grab many items **
Warp-G 1x1x1 1 Warp between worlds
Transform-G 1x1x1 1 Transform ship
Scan-G uni 1x2x1 2 250 Uni-directional radar
Scan-G omni 1x2x1 2 500 Omni-directional radar
Shield-G 1x1x2 1 500 Protects one section
Shield2-G 1x1x2 1 1500 Protects entire ship **
.5. Blueprint Locations
*Credit to JungleJim again*

Traverse Town Wonderland
----------------------------
Ahriman
Alexander
Goblin
Sylph

Traverse Town Olympus Coliseum
----------------------------------
Goblin
Alexander
Ahriman
Shiva
Ramuh

Neverland Hollow Bastion
Deathguise
Shiva
Serpent
Adamant
Leviathan
Stingray
Lamia

Neverland Halloween Town
Catoblepas
Stingray
Diablos
Bomb
Sandy
Mindy
Golem
Atomos

Halloween Town Agrabah
--------------------------
Bomb
Mindy
Typhoon
Golem
Atomos
Sandy
Sylph
Carbuncle
Adamant

Agrabah Atlantica
---------------------
Adamant
Sylph
Mindy
Carbuncle
Lamia
Deathguise
Diablos

Atlantica Neverland
-----------------------
Mindy
Lamia
Deathguise
Diablos
Catoblepas
Stingray
Bomb

Hollow Bastion End of the World
-----------------------------------
Omega
Deathguise
Stingray
Shiva
Cindy
Alexander
Sylph
Lamia

Olympus Coliseum Deep Jungle
--------------------------------
Shiva
Ramuh
Goblin
Cindy
Odin

Wonderland Deep Jungle
--------------------------
Cindy
Goblin
Odin
Golem
Sylph

Blue Warp Hole
--------------
Bomb
Stingray
Deathguise
Leviathan

Orange Warp Hole
----------------
Siren
Remora
Imp

Purple Warp Hole
----------------
Shiva
Ifrit
Siren
Ahriman
Odin
Cindy

Geppetto/Pinocchio
-----------------
Defeat 500 Heartless - Cid
Defeat 1000 Heartless - Cactuar
Defeat 1500 Heartless - Yuffie
Defeat 3000 Heartless - Aerith
Defeat 4000 Heartless - Leon
Defeat 5000 Heartless - Hyperion
Enter house 30 times and talk to Pinocchio - Chocobo
4. FINAL MIX!
4.1. Questions

Q1. What is Final Mix?
A1. KH: Final Mix is a re-release of the original KH in Japan.

Q2. Why did they make it?
A2. Probably because when KH was released here, it had more features than the original Japanese release. They just decided to give Japan more features than us and a chance at fighting Sephiroth I guess.....

Q3. Where can I get KH:FM? They don't have it in any store I go to....
A3. You cannot get it in any gamestore, it was ONLY released in Japan. You CAN however buy it at Playasia.com (Not sure if they have it) or go to Japan and buy it.

Q4. So...is KH:FM in english?
A4. As weird as it is, yes. You can change the setting to have English dialouge. The bad thing is that you cannot change the Japanese text, so all the words will remain Japanese.

Q5. Any chance of this game version being released here?
A5. Nope.

Q6. So what will you cover here?
A6. Here I will reveal every New feature that KH:FM has that our version does not.

Q7. Overall, is it worth it to buy Final Mix if I already have a version of KH?
A7. No, be grateful with what you have. There are a lot of new features in FM, but nothing out of this world. Any new cutscenes or battles can be viewed in Youtube.com.

4.2. Final Mix New Features
These are the new features of Final Mix:

1. There are new weapons. Sora's are the One-Winged Angel (Gotten by beating Sephiroth) and the Diamond Dust keyblade (Gotten by beating the Ice Titan). Donald's are the Meteo Strike (From a Treasure chest) and Fantasista (Synthesis item). Goofy's are the Massive Bumper (Treasure Chest) and Seven Elements (Synthesis item).

2. There are some new cutscenes. There is the one with Riku arriving at Hollow Bastion, Riku in the World of Darkness, the Showdown of Fate between Cloud and Sephiroth after you beat Sephiroth, and the scenes before and after you beat the Enigmatic man.

3. You can now skip cutscenes after you have seen them once.

4. There is a new boss battle with the Enigmatic man or Unknown (Whatever you want to call him).

5. There are new enemies. They are the Pink Agaricus (New mushroom monsters that rely on how much times you can hit it while you have used Stopaga on it), Sniperwilds (Like BouncyWilds only different colored), Gigant Shadow (Giant Shadow Heartless), Black Ballade (new little elemental Wizard), Pot Scorpion (Like the Pot Spider, only stronger and impervious to normal attacks), Grand Ghost (Giant Search ghost that can only die by throwing cure items at him), Chimaera (Boss-like creepy thing in the Ruins of Oogie Boogie's lair), Jet Balloon & Missile Diver (New random enemy in the upper deck Captain Hook's ship), Stealth Soldier (New invisible-like enemy found in Hollow Bastion), and the Neo Shadows (They are the Shadow monsters from the secret ending of KH).

6. Some enemies have been recolored. Like Guard Armor/Opposite Armor now have a various color type of thing going on instead of just purple.

7. There is a new secret ending called Another Side: Deep Dive.

8. Some new music. The tracks are: "Disappeared" (Which plays during the Unknown battle), "A Night on the Bare Mountain" (Which is played during the Chernabog boss battle, and "Another side" (Which is played in the Deep dive video).

9. There are two new difficulty settings. They are Beginner mode (Which is horribly easy and boring as I've heard) and Proud mode (Which is harder than expert mode in our version).

10. The camera has been fixed mildly.

11. The trinity in Oogie Boogie's lair has been moved to allow access at anytime in the game. The treasure in some trinity marks has been changed as well.

12. The location of some of the dalmations has been changed.

13. The items inside some treasure chests has been changed.

14. There are some new Gummi blocks.

15. There are now Gummi Ship missions.

16. There are new abilities. Sora's are: Slap Shot, Slide Dash, and Hurricane Period (All attack moves). Goofy's is Evolution (Healing ability), and the new shared abilities are: Leaf veil (When you use a cure ability, enemies can't hurt you), Tech plus (Tech experience points gained from countering and reflecting enemy attacks is doubled), and Encounter up (When Sora enters a screen where Heartless appear, they will always appear, even if you have just killed them, gone one screen away and come back).

17. AP required for certain abilities has been changed. Like Lucky strike has been reduced from 3 AP, to 2 AP.

18. The stats of some weapons and Accessories has been tweaked (The Ultima Weapon is stronger for instance).

19. There are new Accessories. Like EXP items, Accessories that make elemental attacks more powerful, and items that just help your stats greatly.

20. There are 12 new synthesis items. They are the Spirit Goo, Power Goo, Blaze Goo, Frost Goo, Thunder Goo, Shiny Goo, Mystery force, Gale Goo, Mythril Goo, Dark Matter, Fantasista, and Seven Elements.

21. Changes have been made to Jiminy's memo (Color has changed, order has changed, and yellow mickey icons appear whenever you complete a section of the memo).

22. There are 3 new Ansem reports gotten by beating Sephiroth, Kurt Zisa, and Unknown.

23. When you use the same spell successfully on a White Mushroom while playing charades with it, it will automatically give you Mystery Goo.
5. The End...

Well...that's it. I hope this Topic helped some of you. If you want to flame because I made this topic, please don't and just ignore it. If you just love flaming or it's a hobby, then go ahead. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back