• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sephiroth's Name?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravens_Blade85

In your head telling you to do bad things!
Website
www.myspace.com
Did anyone every wonder what Sephiroth's name means? Well I found out recently. I was reading through my world religions text book and I saw the word sephiroth. I was totall cought off guard. After some reading I found out that it comes form kabbalistic judaism. It is the word for the aspects of God. Here is a link to a site about it:

http://www.answers.com/topic/sephirah

You can also look it up on wikipedia, there is more info there.

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
It is a term used to describe the Ten aspects of God.

Most Final Fantasy games have some form of connection with religions.
Some of the connections are very simple and easy to spot, while others are not.

Another thing that Final Fantasy games are tailored after is myths. Ever think about 'Yojimbo' the summon from Final FantasyX? It's from both a movie and a japanese legend. Another summon that comes from a legend is 'Odin' who is the primary Norse god.

There are tons of connections.

~~Azurith

chad

Bronze Member
ten different aspects? i thought it was twelve, ah well can't remember, well Ravens_Blade there are a lot of sephiroth fan sites or final fantasy 7 fan sites that mention a lot about sephiroth's name origin and a lot of the ideas square got for him from stuff like the person mentioned earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back