• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Shades of Gray (if you read it, please comment)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartOfTheHero

Re: Shades of Gray

oooo i want to know whats worst then you thought
well, let's just say I found a way to introduce one of my original characters. I'm going to try and keep from going too sci-fi time-travel crazy (you know how bad i can get with sci-fi stuff, lol) but i think everyone's going to like it
i don't know when i'll have the next chapter up, i'll probably work on it more tomorrow

Keeper of Memory

yea you can go crazy with your sci-fi stuff but so can i lol. you have a sub for geometry tomorrow darn that means we don't, so you can work on you story then lol its really good and keeps getting better

HeartOfTheHero

yea you can go crazy with your sci-fi stuff but so can i lol.
yeah, but you don't get nearly as bad as i do sometimes, lol, you know how to distiguish between crazy and down-right obsessed (don't deny it, you know i get like that sometimes :23: )
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 7
Sora wandered down the streets of Radiant Garden in the general direction of Merlin's house. He knew that Merlin was probably back by now, and that he and Riku were probably waiting for him, but he didn't care. He wasn't quite ready to go back and get caught up in all of the action again. Even though this little adventure wouldn't have the same level of excitement that his last adventures had had, he had to admit, he had enjoyed the time at home, with nothing more important to do than eating ice cream and sleeping on the beach.

He sighed as he leaned back against a wall, with his hands behind his head, and looked around at the surrounding streets. The peaceful state of the town amazed him. Only a few months ago, it had been over-run with Heartless, but now it was quiet and peaceful. He was proud of the part that he had played in helping to get it to this point.

Sora started walking again, and thinking about the past few days. The truth was, he had missed the quiet life he had on Destiny Islands, and even though he had been home for a few months, it wasn't long enough. He wasn't quite feeling up to another adventure just yet.

He turned down another street and ran into a girl who was coming from the opposite way.

"Oh! Um, sorry about that," he said as he tried to help her to her feet. She shook her head and pushed him away. As she stood up, her wavy dark hair fell over her face, and she glared at him from her dark eyes.

"Why don't you watch where you're going next time?" she said in an elegant voice, that had a slight accent to it. She took a step backwards so she could study him. "Who are you anyway?"

Sora was slightly stunned by her quick change of of mood. Just a few seconds before she had looked like she was about to attack him for running into her, but now she looked calm and inquisitive. He hesitated when he realized that her dark eyes looked like they were hiding something. "Um, I'm Sora." She flinched, just enough to notice, and turned and walked away. "Wait! You didn't tell me who you are!" he shouted after her.

"I know." she said over her shoulder as she turned down another street. Sora ran after her, but slid to a stop when he realized that the street she had gone down was a dead end. And she was no where in sight.

"What the..."

"Hey! Sora! C'mon! Merlin's going to take us back to the Castle!" Riku said as he ran towards Sora. Sora turned to look at Riku, then back at where the girl should have been. He decided not to say anything about her until they got back to Merlin's house.

Last edited:

Keeper of Memory

Darn that was too short. :( but still really good. :) Does anyone else read this besides me cause this is too good not to read and not have to comment.

HeartOfTheHero

I just read it. I LIKE IT. TwilightDusk likey this fanfic.
Yay! another person is reading it!

Darn that was too short. :( but still really good. :) Does anyone else read this besides me cause this is too good not to read and not have to comment.
glad you liked it!

I'm going to try and get another chapter finished soon, but school has taken over my life and i haven't had time for hardly anything. I'll post the next chapter as soon as I can!

HeartOfTheHero

omg, i can't believe how long it's been since i even looked at this story. but i finally figured out what the rest of the story is going to be about, so i should have some more of it written very soon. sorry to keep you all waiting!

HeartOfTheHero

ok, I wasn't planning on posting any chapters until I got home, but I guess now's as good a time as any to get up Chapter 8, which I wrote on the 15 hour car ride to my current location....
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 8
The girl leaned out the window of a room two stories above where Sora had just left. She sighed as she jumped down into the street and started walking again. That was close, she thought, I can't believe that this is actually happening. I knew that Sora would show up eventually to see what had happened, but I wasn't expecting it to be so soon.

A shadow shifted off to her right, and she spun in that direction only to realize that it was only a dog wondering around. She shook her head at her jumpiness and continued on her wayl. By the time the sun had begun to set, she was almost to the Dark Depths, where a small ship awaited her. She jumped into the pilot's chair and set the ship's course for Disney Castle.
____________​

Riku watched amusedly as Merlin lectured Sora on how ridiculous his story was. "A girl that you bump into runs down an alley that happens to be a dead end and seems to disappear, and you automatically think that she has something to do with the problem at Disney Castle? She couldn't possibly, since very few people here even know about Disney Castle."

"But Merlin, what if she's not from Radiant Gardens?" Sora asked impatiently.

"what would make you think that?" Riku said, suddenly taking an interest in Sora's story.

"When I told here my name, she recognized it, and that's when she ran down the street and disapeared. And she had a strange accent, one that I haven't heard before."

"Well even if she is from another world, that doesn't make her a threat." Merlin said. "Now boys, let's get back to our immediate crisis, and leave this minor one for another day, shall we?" Sora and Riku nodded. "i don't think Donald came up with this idea on his own. It seems a little bit too intricate for him. So when you two go to Timeless River, you need to keep an eye out for anyone and anything that seems extremely out of the ordinary."

"Got it." Sora nodded.

"Good, now, you know the rules from last time, so I don't need to explain them. Are you both ready?"

Sora and Riku nodded, and as they did a puff of smoke encircled them, and then they were back in Disney Castle, standing before the Door to Timeless River.
___________________________________________________________________________________________​

Questions, comments, anything else? If anyone reads this please let me know, otherwise I won't bother putting up the next chapter until I get home.​

Last edited:

Keeper of Memory

hola its me. yea khinsider finally works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so now i can comment on your amazing stories!!! YOUR STORY IS AMAZING!!!!! i think i know who your dark haired girl is but im not saying anything.... keep writing!!!!!!

Keeper of Memory

YOU BETTER KEEP UPDATING YOUR STORY OR IM GOING TO GO CRAZY. CAUSE IF YOU DON'T THEN I WILL ONLY HAVE BAND TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it

I like it so far. It's like 'Wait what happened to King Mickey' Well I'm still reading the first few chapters. =]
Keep up the good work!

HeartOfTheHero

I like it so far. It's like 'Wait what happened to King Mickey' Well I'm still reading the first few chapters. =]
Keep up the good work!
thanks!
yeah, i kind of forgot about mickey there for a while....haha, i might try to bring him back, but as of right now, i don't have any plans for him. Although i do have an idea or two on how to get him back in....idk, depends what i feel like when i'm writing

HeartOfTheHero

Chapter 9 is finished! Actually, it's been finished since yesterday....
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 9
Sora and Riku tumbled out of he Door into Timeless River, landing in a tangled heap a few feet from the Door.

"Whoa!" Riku said in surprise as he sat up quickly and took in the black and white surroundings, then looked at himself and Sora. " I know you said it would be like this, but ... wow..."

"Yeah, i felt the same way when we first came here." They turned in a quick circle, surveying the surroundings again, this time for signs of Donald or anyone else that didn't belong. Once they were sure that there was no one else around, they headed off towards the river, where a small gathering of houses and other buildins was.
______________​

A few minutes after they left, the Door opened again, this time allowing a girl with dark hair and eyes to step through. She glanced around quickly, and then headed off in the opposite direction of the buildings by the river, towards the beginning site of the construction of the castle.​
______________​

Sora and Riku found themselves once again standing in front of the Door. Sora flopped down on the ground beside it with an exasperated sigh. "We've searched everywhere in town and we still haven't seen even the slightest sign of Donald or anyone else who doesn't belong in this time."

"Relax, Sora, there's still a few places left for us to search. They're here somewhere, we'll find them soon enough. Now c'mon, let's go check out the construction site for the castle."

Sora groaned in protest, then stood slowly, and stretched. "Fine, let's go."

A little while later, they were wandering around the construction site, trying not to disturb the workers too much. Sora was ready to give up for the day, when he caught a glimpse of a slightl familar face dodging behind a pile of stone.

"Riku!"

"Now what, Sora?" Riku asked in a very impatient tone.

"i just saw that girl."

"What girl?"

"The one that I bumped into in Radiant Gardens!"

"Sora, that's impossible. She wouldn't have known about this place, much less how to get here."

"i'm telling you, Riku, I saw here, and she's hiding behind that pile of stones right over there!"

"Okay, I'll believe you when I see her. Let's go check."

They crept around the stones fro opposite sides, and when they met on the other side, a girl with dark hair and eyes was huddled down between them.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

ta-da!! it's going to get much more intense from here on out. At least, I'm planning for it to get more intense, but my stories have a tendency to do what they please and not follow my ideas at all....so we'll see what happens​

Last edited:

Keeper of Memory

AHHHHHH everytime i think your stories can't get any better you surprise me and make them 100000000 % better then i thought possible
hurry up with chapter 10 i want to know who this person is
i think i do know who it is but im not telling

Keeper of Memory

yep i absolutly know who the person is. anyway now that your back where is the next chapter!!!!!!!!! i thought you said you were going to write some more in the car or something......

HeartOfTheHero

yep i absolutly know who the person is. anyway now that your back where is the next chapter!!!!!!!!! i thought you said you were going to write some more in the car or something......
sorry, i have a bit of writer's block, and stupid stupid summer assignments, and now i need to start planning the movie, because i'm 95% that's it's going to be happening sometime soon, i'll let you know as soon as i talk to Venexts, because next week our moms are supposed to plan when he's coming to stay down here for a week. so as soon as i figure all of that out, i can plan the rest of my summer around it, and then i can hopefully get back to working on this fanfic. i almost have the next chapter done, but i'm still not sure that i like it

HeartOfTheHero

omg, i'm so sorry it's taken so long everyone! but i finally finished chapter 10, so here it is
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 10
The girl jumped up and gasped when Sora and Riku pointed their keyblades in her direction.

"Who are you?" Sora demanded. She looked slightly unsteady as she glanced back and forth between the two boys, then she suddenly straighted up and glared at them.

"I am trying to fix a problem that I created. So if you would excuse me, I have some work to do." After she said this she tried to push her way past them, but Riku blocked her and matched her glare with one of his own.

"You didn't answer his question. Who. Are. You?" Riku snapped in a very impatient tone.

"who I am is none of your business," she said stubbornly. "Now, if you don't mind, I would really like to go back to work." Sora and Riku backed away in surprise as she shoved between them and started walking away.

"Wait!" Sora said as he turned and ran after her. "You're the one that's responsible for all of the stuff going on, aren't you?" At his question, the girl lowered her head and looked ashamed. "Just tell us what's going on."

She sighed and looked around at the construction of the castle, then back at Sora. "Fine. You and your friend can follow me. If you want to know what's happened, we'll need to find somewhere where no one's going to overhear us."
_____________________​

"First off, you should know that I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I went to visit Disney Castle, like I'd been visiting dozens of other worlds. King Mickey was busy at the time, so Donald showed me around and told me about some of the adventures that you all had been on," the girl glanced up at Riku and Sora, then continued in a quieter tone. "He mentioned a Door that allowed you to go back in time and how you used it to stop someone from ruining your history. After he explained all of this, i asked him if any of you had considered using the door for other things. it had seemed pretty simple to me, you could just go back and prevent all of the things that caused such trouble from happening. As soon as I said it I realized how ridiculous it was." She shook her head and looked off into the distance. "I tried to change the subject, but I guess what I had said had caught his interest. He started asking me more about what I thought they could change by using the Door. At the time, I didn't see the problem with explaining some of the possibilities that time travel offers. I told him that someone could go back and rewrite the events of history, improve things for themselves in their current time. But by doing that it would in affect everything and everyone else. If you were to change too many things, or change something too much, it could cause problems that you couldn't possibly imagine." The look on her face was grim as she continued. "I think Donald had stopped listening to me the moment that I said someone could make things better for themselves."

Sora and Riku waited a few seconds to see if she would continue, but she was leaning back and looking around like she was expecting someone to be watching them.

"So Donald got the idea to change time from you, but you didn't help him." Sora said as he tried to understand everything that she had just told them.

"I've been trying to see how far the affects would spread, and how quickly, because once they reach a certain point I won't be able to do anything about any of what's happened." She said as she stood up slowly, "right now it hasn't spread from this world, which is good, but if it's not fixed soon, it will spread to other worlds. It will be like if you had never met up with anyone from this world, and they had never helped you."

"But, we would never have been able to defeat Ansem or Organization XIII without them!" Sora exclamed.

"So no one will have stopped them, and things will go back to being the way that they were?" Riku asked.

"Exactly," she said as she turned and started walking away, "which is why I have to stop it before it gets that far."

"Wait!" Sora said, "You can't expect to be able to stop this all by yourself. Let us help you."

"That's sweet of you, Sora," she said over her shoulder, "but I don't want to risk the two of you getting hurt. I'll handle this."

"And if you can't?" Riku said skeptically, "What happens then? It'll probably be too late for us to stop this. I definitely don't want things to go back to the way that they were. I'm staying, and if you don't want my help, then I'll just find a way to stop these effects from happening on my own." He crossed his arms and glared stubbornly at her.

"That goes for me too!" Sora added.

The girl sighed and looked off into the distance. "Very well then, I suppose I could use the help."

"Then we have an agreement." Riku said calmly. "Now will you tell us your name?"

She turned to look at them, and smiled slightly. "I'm Lya."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

there it is!!! comments, concerns, etc, let me know, lol, please, anything you have to say would be appreciated

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back