• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shadows In The Palm Of Your Hand (Pokemon)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
Inside an empty room, my inspiration flows, now wa
Well, this is more or less a retry of an old roleplay of mine from back in July. This time, there's a few changes, such as story and such...also, the story is somewhat assuming that everyone here knows about the backstory of the two games centered around Orre.

Story

Located in the far north of the Pokemon world is a region known as the Orre region. In the past, trainers never came to this region, for one very simple reason: the environment didn't support wild Pokemon. But thanks to Pyrite Town's Mayor, the region has grown, now there are spots where wild Pokemon can come. Now trainers are flocking all over the world to come and see. Unlike the other regions, the Orre region carries Pokemon from all four of the leading regions: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, making it become relatively popular as of late. It's the perfect place to be...

Or so it seems...

You are a trainer simply passing through Outskirt Stand, a famous diner that resembles a train out in the middle of the desert. As you are waiting for (insert something here) you hear a news broadcast about how people have been going missing without a trace, and those that are found have lost their memory. The bartender sighs as he flips the tv off, wiping his forehead. "Not this again. Been working here for 15 years and this place just never settles down. People disappering left and right." he mumbles to himself.

He suddenly notices your prescence for the first time. "I'm sorry, didn't see ya there. My eyes aren't as good as them used to be. Anyway, I hope that you have a safe journey. Personally I suggest visiting the Pokemon Lab nearby. It's about down thata way from here. Oh, but avoid crossing the desert in that contraption of yours.", he pauses as he jabs a thumb at your scooter/bike. He then leans in and whispers, "But you might want to be careful on your way out. Trainers love hanging around here and might be challenging ya to a battle, so make sure that you are prepared before you leave."

Places of Orre

Outskirt Stand-a diner that resembles a train. The perfect pit stop for trainers to eat, sleep, and stock up on items. Also a hot spot for Pokemon battling.

Pokemon HQ Lab-The lab of Professor Kane. Trainers learn the basics and can pick up starter Pokemon. It's next to the old Kaminiko house, a diapolated house that is rumored to have once been owned by a mad scientist. It's suppossedly abandoned now.

Gateon Port-The only way to get to Orre is to come in from here. Has a mechanics shop and the Krabby Klub. Is also the only way to get to Citadark Isle or any other region.

Agate Village-A quiet village where retired trainers live. There are a few trainers here, including the older citizens. Also has a few caves, including Relic cave which is now bordered up.

Mt. Battle-Many trainers come from afar to conquer this place. 10 rounds, 100 battles. Can you do it?

Pyrite Town/The Under-Formerly known as a town for attracting thugs and criminals, it's lately become better. Lots of trainers are available to battle, and there is a fortune telling house, the police station, Duel Square, and the Pyrite Colosseum, where many trainers go to win the Pyrite Cup. It is also home of the ONBS station, the news network run by teenagers who used to be the Kids Grid in the Under. Miror B's hideout is no longer here. They recently reopened the Under, the city that lies underneath Pyrite and is home to The Under Colosseum. The Under is where the mysterious reside.

Oasis/Rock/Cave Spots-The only places in Orre where you can catch Pokemon, save for the strays that may be in towns and such.

Realgam Tower-Unlike most colosseums, here you do virtual battles, battle disks, and pokemon contests

Phenac City-A quiet little city, known as the City of Water. There's a trainer school led by Justy and the Phenac Colosseum where the Phenac cup takes place

Abandoned Laboratory-As the name suggests, its an abandoned lab in the middle of the desert...or is it?

Deserted Cruiser Libra-An old ship that lies out in the middle of the desert. No one remembers how the boat got out into the middle of desert, but people do report that it is close to where the disapperences were...

Snagem Hideout-Where the criminal syndicate Team Snagem and their leader Gonzap used to be. It's suppossed to be empty now...

Cipher Key Lair-Where the syndicate Cipher used to be. Rumor is that lights have been seen on at night and people are seen entering, but never leaving...

Citadark Isle-A dark island with a large empty building. Access is prohibited and it's strictly against regulations to allow people there. The sky is always dark here. It is a truly formidable place.

Orre Colosseum-The colosseum of the strongest trainers on the planet. This is where you prove that you're really a Pokemon Champion

Rules

1. No Godmodding or Power Playing
2. Adhere to the KHI rules as well
3. Keep it PG13, romance and swearing wise
4. You can have any Pokemon you want, but they ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BE LEGENDARIES!
5. You can let your Pokemon out of their pokeballs whenever you want, unless I put otherwise. You can challenge any member to a battle. No killing Pokemon, of course.
6. You can have up to six Pokemon. Levels don't matter, just like in the anime if you want to get technical.
7. Go wherever you want! The Orre is your oyster! (That was lame, I know...) The only places I don't think you should go right away are the ones in bold titles. ^
8. Put at least a paragraph per post...grammar and spelling must at least be readable.

For gods sake, have fun! Don't act like your at a funeral or something...

Template

Name:
Appearence: (Pic or description, it doesn't matter to me)
Personality: (No emos. That's all I have to say on that matter)
Bio: (Just a breif idea of who you are. It can include what region your from, family life, Pokemon life, etc.)
Pokemon: (Six only at a time of course. You can change Pokemon out of your PC, but let's assume that whatever you've got with you right now are the ONLY pokemon you have right now. You don't have to list their attacks, but they do have to be attacks that it can actually perform. You can give nicknames if you like)
Other: (What are your Pokemon like? Do you have your own theme song? Anything that doesn't go elsewhere can be put here)

Big note: There are no shadow pokemon this time. And you'll see why and you'll love me...let's just it's a little bit on the poke'morph flip.

Mine As A Example

Name: Blair Markov
Appearence: http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4949/1122091192understoodgf5.jpg
Personality: Is most of the time quiet, but can have a rude attitude toward some people. Is very introverted and closed, but can be open when it comes to Pokemon, or more specifically, her Pokemon. Can be kind of rash sometimes and can act without thinking, but is usually calm in the face of danger.
Bio: Lived in Orre's very own Pyrite Town. Used to live in the Under as a kid back when Cipher dominated the land. When she was old enough, she left to travel around the other regions. She actually has some resentment towards the Orre region for all the things that happened in the past. One thing to watch out for is that she has a bit of a kleptomaniac streak and she's always trying to search for the next "coolest" Pokemon. Her current obsessions are Lucario and Dragonite...
Pokemon: Weavile, Gengar, Raichu, Gardevoir, Miltank, Lucario
Other: A Sneasel was her first Pokemon. It evolved into Weavile before coming back to the Orre region. She likes keeping Weavile out of its pokeball the most.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back