• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shatter through the gray dreams

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grace Falls

About that last battle we were supposed to engage in, I apologize for my lack of attendance. Everything's been busy the past few weeks: moving in college, last farewells with friends, etc. etc. And I kind of lost interest in the type of battle that I initially proposed.

With this battle, no templates will be made and instead, we will introduce our characters through our opening post. Hope you don't mind, I don't see myself sitting and making a template, I lose the interest to make one quite quickly.

Of course, regular battle rules apply and this will be a power type battle.
Arena: An abandoned world that now lies in ruins. Specifically, our battle will take place within a desolate city. The sky is always gray as no light from the sun can penetrate the thick clouds. No life remains within this world.

If you don't mind, you can take the starting post :biggrin:

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Re: Dear Citrus Cult

The Hymn of Identity

My name is Athel Pathy.

In a past life, my memories are immaculate. I was many things.
An innocent kid, a conduit for just about anything. Through me things happened, I was the cause and effect and makeshift of a different variety of fortune.

In another past life, I had two identities. One that detached himself from everything and everyone, held immense sorrow, disappointment, and a deeper resentment for himself as whole. The other was a seeker of purpose not yet found to the end of his very short life. As if it were predetermined, that purposeless shell, seen as a nobody, was deemed essential as well as invaluable in reconstituting order to the torn deviant.

In my most recent endeavors and past life I was a man of great charity as well as chastity. Some delusional hyper-awareness made me believe or triggered my conscious empathy of all living things. To know and feel everything they underwent, endured, and did everything within my power to eliminate that which hindered them. At what cost, the greater it was, the more accomplished I felt. Yet in self-realization I was about as blind to my own self as ever. Delusions of grandeur are what we often call these.

So I resolved.

I guess you could say, it was the first time I listened to myself and not others. I melded those lives into the name I used at the start of this confirmation of identity. My conscious existence is gone, but I occupy a body and linger outside of events that even escape the astral. I never answered the question of my purpose. When you haven't quite met or grasped infinity, you'll find when you shouldn't exist, don't, but walk around as a paradox to the rule, people notice. So I made my existence valid, unconsciously valid that is.

I sovereign unconscious unreality.

Rayne. She was my daughter. Her unbirth, much like Gabriel's ties to this side of things where I myself walk and tread where I shouldn't. Her dreams are as infinite and forever wide and vast as my bottomless sea of black dreams and evaporated hope. I've always had a thing for Monochrome, be a just my fetish and taste among other things. I look just the same as I always do, just, for a change my bangs aren't a tinted color as my highlights have faded.

Before stumbling across this ruined land I thought about one thing. My life partner Relantz, and the thing that she said to me. About pleasing others in spite of your own situation and always failing no matter what or how valiant your own efforts. Nothing upset me more, to know this, and furthering my own suffering beside such a web of thought.

"Athel" she says. "You can't be ignorant to your own existence, say you don't matter any longer than you should resolve otherwise. Your important to me, I can't live without you, I've already seen you die so many past lives...just don't let your hope fade. Or you'll remain forever changed--"​

I scoff, dusting off my shoulder as I can only gaze somewhat consciously into the vastness of this bleak and dread filled scene. The earth is uneven, I rest no confidence within my own heartbeat, sometimes I'm so far gone I can no longer hear it. My body is rigorous and durable, as if I were Darian Gray...but I am not him. I've not exhibited any extra-extensive powers or abilities aside from not clearly being registered as a normal catalyst or conduit. So, what happened when I resolved anyway, I really don't know to be completely honest.

This world's name is Cinereal Mesa. The plane of gray ashes, where the cinders of light fizzle out, and lock away from the world never to be seen again. There are only two ways to get here. The first being one falls through the clouds into this 'purgatory' just before Oblivion. The second being deconstructed by O'nam, Garforge, or any of his seven Son's/Vertabrates and being dropped onto the Cinereal Mesa, or Garden of Death as O'nam has coined in the past. I come here to think, I come here to annihilate my delusions, I come here...to pray for salvation.

Yet someone else lurks...​

Grace Falls

I wonder how long I have wondered through the planes; endlessly, but lonely. I do not remember the origin of my existence. Maybe I was a young boy, or a mature man, or an elderly individual, but time has long escaped my awareness. The memories I have once held before this state, I only wish to know once more. No, not to know my previous state, but I long to know who I will become. It has been hard to create and identity for me, since I can choose to manifest in any shape and form. However, I do know I dwell from my dreams and delusions, my boundless limbo, and the expansion of my mind that stems into reality.

Those once lived called me the Author, the author of dreams and nightmares; the key to the fullest pleasure and pain, one who taps and breathes life into the unconsciousness.

But is there even a reality for me? Or am I simply dreaming another eternal nightmare? I have long lost my grasp on these notions and my existence soon began to fall apart: surely, but painfully slowly. As I drifted into different realms, worlds, and civilizations, I only brought chaos. I cannot control the thoughts that grow rapidly and I only see the torture I have caused that gave way to extinction.

And then, I found myself here… in a world so gray not even the sun can penetrate the polluted clouds. But even in a planet so monotone, it has its silent beauty. Full of endless ashes that slowly falls and utter quietness that deafens the ears. The peace attracted my impulses, for I have long desired a sanctuary, a haven to heal, and a recollection to immerse out of this empty shell of nothingness.

Only to find myself at peace for once, I sensed another presence. Hostility does not vibrate from this being. Funny, it feels as if he and I feel exactly the same way. Is this destiny, or another one of my schizophrenic illusions that’ll cause destruction and death? Ah, the thoughts of death seem soothing, but I do not wish it for I crave to become more.

“So please… help me uplift this curse of mine."

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

It was odd. I guess you could say I was feeling the very threads of remorse that were once on my shoulders, yet in my indifference spared of feeling and being outside some tangible sentimentality the delusions of this were sorely shot. I lifted my head, turned it askew, and made a fine note of this individual that hampered around the space.

Maybe another neutral, he reminded me something of my daughter. RAC, she was a beautiful young woman, yet her talent didn't worry me off my rocker. As a casually rest my left hand on my neck, there was an instant where I broke the silence of this bleak and dreary scene. All I had rummaging through my head, was my high rise of being something of an impetuous narcissistic deviant. Only, minus the obsession with my own complexion.

Snapped my fingers, cracked my neck, and raised both of my arms into a shrugging gesture. "No rest." i said this briefly before I reopened my eyes, they were still orange despite my highlights of the same color being gone. I couldn't loathe anymore, it was beginning to drain on my personality which would often go drastic changes. As I pulled out my pocket watch Brestlevorn, I watched as the needle ticked backwards, time was always irrelevant...always. The numbers had their significance of course. So i sighed, lifting my hand, and took a step moving on a whim to confront the man slightly shorter than myself but not quite over a few inches. give or take five at the most.

"In my day, we used to carry an air about us, not like that of human beings. We used to be humble for what we hand, we used to do so much more for everything. Though as you can see, whats become of this world, or maybe it was always like this?" I really didn't know what I was saying, it was quite possible that I was just rambling my jaw away to this somewhat familiar stranger I met in a half remembered dream, displaced by the traffic of my unconscious thoughts. I sighed, and gave me the sign of an impasse, he was at a dead end in this world.

"Your stuck here. I'm pretty confident I can help you escape, as you don't get 'get here' unless your rule the domain. I mean heck, I wish I just fell out of the sky, but actually eh...I got blasted in the face by O'nam. Heh, well, but enough of that." i cut it short looking at the broken watch again.

I wanted to get the hell outta there. Usually to do it manually, it required a collision of two forces to open a path or to be released by whatever sent them there or of equal consequence. I wasn't seeing a force other than this guy, so naturally my first instinct was to piss him off. Point black, I took a step and up came my fist planted into his face. Now when I connected with his jaw, maybe he was emulating pain, but that wasn't a melee hit, oh no, I actually put my watch up to his chin, setting it to spin and send that portion of his face to spin indefinitely as the rest of his body was in tact. His head would stop spinning in a few second, but this was just to piss him off naturally.

"Ah, a flash light parlor trick. Disguised as a jawbreaker, haha, get it? Jawbreaker because its...ah, whatever, at least I've got a sense of humor damnit."

Grace Falls

“Onam…”

A name that was so familiar, but different from the one knew that stood before him. A sudden but a hazy memory flashed before my eyes. However, I was able to see so much but yet nothing…

Before I could snap back to reality, I was sent flying from the other dreamer’s spinning punch. I lost count of the number of times my head spun. Funny, I did not feel any pain except for a nauseating sensation, but that was merely a nuisance. As my focus returned, I returned to the standing position and glared at my now, enemy. Was this anger I felt rising or was it utter annoyance. I can feel myself losing control of my serenity as if a bonded, raging dragon was tearing its chains. Though, behind the hurricane of emotions, the loneliness and desperation to escape seemed to stem forth from the other’s attack. His mind instantaneously linked, portraying the need for a higher force to create a rift…

“My humble apologies, for I have no memory of my name; but I ought you do so first. Well, let’s play then shall we, Athel?”

Without allowing a fraction of a second to pass, my fist landed square into his face. Simulating an identical spin, my fist whirled like a tornado as if it were a mechanical apparatus. The force would send him backwards in free fall for about ten meters, obviously with his head spinning madly. Before I even made contact with Athel’s face, a satellite swiftly manifested directly above, serving its purpose to unleash a series of beams to hit him in mid air.

“If my intuition is correct, we ought to unleash more fire power, to benefit the both of us…”

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Thats enough with the first person thought pattern, as Athel collected himself on his own terms. Sore, but not without his reasons of grandeur, the man was definitely on the spin of things. It felt odd to be so calm pretty much all the time, he was a magnet for feeling that both attracted it as well as afflicted its own individual influence. It was working.

Much to his lofty imagination, he was actually surprised. Though how delusional could Athel be if he pretended to know the identity and purpose of someone he just met? He didn't, though he'd do his best to learn more as he was the only other active force in the immediate radius. Upon finishing their dialogue, his fist clicked and not Athel's.

Recalling only one thing, his feet levitating off the ground. His head felt like it was spinning indefinitely, that was, until he stopped. Smashing the ground rather hard, Pathy smacked his head with a tap and he subdued the globule of space around his head. "Sheesh, monkey see, monkey do? I'd Ima-...oshit."

BOOM! The collision of concussive beams, impacting the site from the sky. Via satellite, he did the only smart thing he could. Blew himself up. Changing his body into a flammable compound, he was slicked from head to toe in oil. When the beam knicked him, he snapped his watch, moving the explosion within a five mete vicinity of the nameless male figure. Expanding a whopping radius of 100 meters, he'd of hoped to catch him inside of this, lasting only a few seconds as it shortly dissipated into mushroom clouds of ash and cinders and Athel stood at the center burned and smoking.

He'd dusted himself off, and stood up with a slight crack to his neck. 'Still don't know what to make of that guy' Athel thought, 'Our bodies are definitely different, I can't quite place the comparison.' Rather than worry and fret himself in between his spaced out thoughts, he decided to just fight and build up their force. In truth it was conscious reality against unconscious unreality, Athel didn't require infinite will as his willpower was about as finite as his ability to act as a container, kind of what his name roughly translates to.

"I almost forgot, I can alter my body's composition and become several things. Initially I just fused with that monstrous nuclear-esque explosion you just witnessed." he said this before shrugging. "I was able to in a past life, I didn't know I could still do it, ehhh, weird. Now where were we?"

Grace Falls

As Athel used his watch to expand the explosion, I could feel a surging power flowing through my entirety; as if I’ve been awaken from a long slumber. From the pawn of my hands, a spiraling sphere of translucent blue, red, and purple, manifested in my hand. The sphere, a foot in diameter, was not solid, rather made out of what seemed like numerous digital pieces, too many to even think about counting. And thus, I grasped my name: Arthus.

Was it instinct, or a hidden talent I had long forgotten?

Arthus jumped back immediately as the sphere expanded, surrounding his body as protection from the roaring flames. Landing quite roughing, he stood back up and studied his opponent. Athel had quite the amazing capability, an experienced fighter he was. They both seemed to have similar abilities, yet entirely different. But that notion was not worth any worry, only the means to push through this monotone world. The more he thought about it, the more this place had no use. It was quite funny how moments ago, he was an empty shell, but the clash between the two forces only sparked his soul and dreams back to life.

“Ah, before I forget to mention, my name is Arthus. And this blue sphere I have here, I do not recall its use, name, or purpose, but the fact that you are here makes me uncover the lost truths about myself. And we are, about to unleash more power upon each other to shatter through the skies and escape this empty world.”

Arthus did not think he was a talker, but he did try to condense his words as much as possible. The blue sphere began to propagate as it revolved around its master in the form of a ring. A single lance branched out from the spiraling ring, and with an upwards wave of his arm, the sphere shot towards the sky. Thunder could be heard and immediately, bolts of blue lightning shot down within the vicinity, showing no control or mercy, even towards Arthus. To shield himself, the ring formed an umbrella. As the lightning struck the ground, earthquakes rumbled as the playing field leveled.

“Bring me inspiration for I am limited to my imagination…”

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I was definitely feeling something, as my interest beginning to sky rocket and I was opening my eyes a tad open more than they were usually. In acknowledgement to his origins, and proper introduction he was being filled with something. Of course, this is what imagination required, just an example with no proper physics to coil beneath it.

"Arthus eh? Its sure a pleasure, though its best if you weighed and relied on your own capability. You may not register everything I do, because we're opposites and all. Just a little forewarning."

Patting my head, I wanted to confirm it was still on my shoulders. Good, while I had gotten that out of the way, I looked over my shoulder, then down at my chin. A smooth exhale had been released, my clothes were tattered and burned. On the outside, this was just a very miniscule example of how I really function, the trick was in taking advantage of other's consciousness.

I didn't have a scratch, yet. Running my hand from my adam's apple to my upper lip, I lifted my mask. I parted my bangs, and my hair came undone, it was a strafe of strands along my face. Placing my hand on my face, there was a pulse felt throughout the plane.

Gravity and Light as one.

It fit something I could do, now here came the cool part. I watched the sky crack anew, a white bolt of lightning at that instant was literally being curled around my hand. Relativity, I just used gravity to bend it around my body, by simply having a greater mass and outputing a much larger around, it was thrown into my obrit, spinning like a ring. Attracting the lightning from the sky, I became something of a perpetuated lightning rod.

"I'll show you something pretty boss." I said, lifting my hands, as there were now two rings of lightning spinning around me.

In the sky, I forged a blackness. Singularity, as the gravity melded in that spot, forming a wormhole, that was semi-sentient. Beginning to suck in the bolts that lashed in from the sky, rather than go directly in, it hooked around like a ring similar to what I did around myself. I jumped, from the ground and flew right into the center of the wormhole, now sentient Athel.

I sent something out, a shell. It turned into a much smaller, light-ringed hole which Is what I will call it from here on out. It attached to the rings of lightning, hovering like that of electrons in an atom. Orbiting around the much larger light-ringed hole Athel. From the center, more seemed to flux around myself feeling as if I was some form of giga sentient atom-based singularity.

I noticed the space in the sky was somewhat weak with all of these dead end singularities fluxing all at the sametime. I was actually booming at the time, yet this wasn't even near the scary part. I drifted outside the ever expanding portable cosmos I just floated out, yet still on a whim, able to still sovereign its every function.

"I'm pretty excited, this is dangerous man. DONT LET ME INTO MY ZONE!"

I launched the miniature singularities at him without haste. Get this, they were weakening the space left and right as the air was literally becoming undone, unreal, more my terms if you will. To make it worse, I warped his gravity, so the mini singularities would swarm him each pulling and tugging in every direction. The space around him that was breaking, that much was no longer conscious, so I siezed it. Teeth seemed to pull out around the space, surrounding the small radius laughing maniacally.

Grace Falls

The black holes that swarmed around Arthus ruptured and weakened the space around him. There was virtually no escape at first thought, for anything can close the space on him and crush him indefinitely. An implosion would occur with the fusion of these black holes, which would probably rip the space magnificently. Such a sight would be neat, but definitely not the cost of his own soul and will. Athel would also be the sole survivor of this realm, which seemed rather unpleasant. ‘Sole’ was the word he disdained.

With a sudden flash from his sphere, Ringulus, the pieces also swarmed, but directly into the black holes, but not Sentient Athel. The bits grasped the notion of antimatter, immediately annihilating the miniature mass that caused the suction. The black orbs that were once holes, shifted in color to that of crimson. Force and fiery energy radiated intensively as an imminent explosion would devastate the area. But such occurrence was not to be for a short while, only after a few words, most likely a farewell.

“I am restraining these orbs from exploding that’ll tear the space around us asunder. However, before I release my will, I have my own words. I have not directed the particles towards you for you and I are alike. We desire to escape such a dreary realm and return to the colors of the other planes. And as you have noticed, my move has seemed to have killed your mood, as you have given in to your excitement. That is a shame, for this battle could have been far more exhilarating. I propose another time that we meet again? I would stick around some more and continue this challenge, but I am quite tired and lost. Definitely, when I have regained my sense of purpose and form, we will fight once more.”

With a flick of his finger, the orbs unleashed a ghastly roar as the energy blasted the area. This whole world would probably fall into devastation, but I have no say in what is to happen afterwards. The explosion itself will cause no harm to Athel and I, for we are dreamers of our own forms. And from the already weakened space Athel has caused, the explosion ripped the space as a gateway into the others.

As I stepped into the other side, I found myself in a dark space, twinkling with stars all about. The explosion that also escaped along with me would be a white hole, and the remaining gasses will form into a nebula. As I find myself in a different verse, Athel would too be in a far away realm.

“From this, I name this nebula Extravar, for both dreamers have escaped a gray dream.”

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
What seemed like excitement, seemed to swing away, unnatural illusions of arcane espionage.

Athel appeared on the floor. "Then why not kill me." his words rumbled and split through Arthus. "Not that it would work, most things don't." a hand was firmly pressed to his head. His back exposed, a blast to end all blast seemed to encompass the expanse. If they could only just vie a little longer, though he didn't exercise this as his patience was as indefinite as he himself was inscrutable.

'How little you really know...but you're young.'
Athel shut his eyes. "Goodnight." he said as the explosions tapered into the space that was unconscious. The teeth that formed, they gaped open in such an avarice and carnivorous fashion. Athel's palm rose as he pulled his hair down, sweet indifference was blithe. His fist clenched and that opened space, closed and Arthus had vanished.

Looking down at his chest, the key, the emblem bestowed upon him from previous ultimatums. His palm rest firmly upon it, as if to reconfirm something. Yet you know what didn't seem to make sense to him, how he got there in the first place. "I could've left at any time. I could've sent him away, but I ended up here again..."

Footsteps, traceable in the expanse. Hark the figure, brooding and of monochrome style attire. His teal green eyes were more than an indication of identity as well as the cinereal gray scarf that fluttered in the wind. "Garforge? Why did you--"

"Did you eat him. I'm almost convinced you did. How does a being so similar to Rayne taste?" his words were heavy, unrestrained, and devoid of sentimentality and remorse.

Athel was astounded. "You shouldn't say it as if I did this intentionally. I merely gave him freedom--"

"By becoming apart of your sentience. Of course, that which we're indefinitely unaware of, we'll never know we're being fooled...I've trained you well my apprentice. When will you finally embrace your own essence and release everything. When?"

Silence lingered, as Athel turned away and began to walk in the opposite direction.

"If thats your answer, these gray dreams will forever plague you with nightmares until you're introduced to your true self. Remember that, child."

Athel's footsteps never reached an end. For the sole purpose of her, he lived, and for the promise between Garforge and himself, he restrained.

Being noble(Athel), yet always suffering(Pathy) is how this boy lived.

Conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back