• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Short Story.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasquez

Awards
Taking the Garbage Out
By me​

“Take the garbage out!” I heard for the tenth time.

After ignoring the command for forced labor for five minutes, as was the custom in my household, I decided to take action before the wrath of my mother showed its face, the other custom. Scuffling together the trash mounds around the house into one whole heap, I wallowed into the front door to make my exit.

Oftentimes while handling this menial chore, I found myself gazing into the night sky, whimsical ideas and thoughts coming to life. But, as I finally unload my burden into the garbage can, that dark night sky turns from something of amazement, to the birth of paranoia in my mind. Fear of: Alien abductions, Bigfoot attacks, and encounters with the strange, soon come to life in my immediate surroundings.

As usual I find myself hurrying back home, to escape the torment of these figments. Arriving to find the front door locked to my salvation, I pound on the door.

“Why do they always lock the door?” I yell trying to conceal the fear in my voice.

The door graciously budges, and the one greeting me is my solicitous sister.

“Hahaha you always get so scared when I do that.” Jovially she states.

After a brief stair off between me and my sibling, I returned to my previous doings, before I was uprooted, which was writing a short story about the trials and tribulations of a journey.​

What are your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back