• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So how come Kairi forgot, and not Riku?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
since sora meet the fake riku he knew that he an actual friend who the fake was based on and while he may have lost his merioies of his past with riku maybe he still remembered riku was his friend and since naime's power effected not only his merioies but the peoples who had a connection to him so while he forgot them they forgot but if sora remembered his friendship wih riku then the same could be true for riku forgeting there past his with sora but not being friends with him.

Repliku had nothing to do with it. Sora forgot Riku himself in Castle Oblivion. He remembered a Riku, being Repliku, not everything that happened to him with Riku on the Islands.

And for the freaking last time, it doesn't matter what Sora remembered or didn't remember at the end of CoM. After Riku brought Roxas Namine took apart all the Memories in Sora's Heart, making so everyone - including Riku - forgot about him. I'd assume that includes being friends with him too.

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
I always figured that Kairi forgot Sora because Sora forgot Kair, and that Riku didn't forget Sora because Sora didn't forgot Riku. But what Riku said in KHII about the fog clearing makes me wonder if he did lose his memories to some extent.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I always figured that Kairi forgot Sora because Sora forgot Kair, and that Riku didn't forget Sora because Sora didn't forgot Riku. But what Riku said in KHII about the fog clearing makes me wonder if he did lose his memories to some extent.

*facepalms*
read the freaking thread. Alternatively, replay the KH2 prologue.
Yes, Riku forgot about Sora.
Everyone that remembered Sora forgot about Sora. Namine took apart all the Memories in Sora's Heart, and went further to take apart all the Memories of Sora in everyone's Hearts, too.

#1 Xemnas

#1 Sex Man
you've done good SA. very good. yes, riku forgot. "the fog is clearing" totally forgot about that. tis proof. off topic, that made me think ansem was gonna come back somehow for "revenge".

the only arguement i have against riku not forgetting is this scene:
YouTube - *VOICES* KH2 Final Mix: Riku Vs. Roxas (English Subs)
how could he know how sora would act if he can't remember him?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Especially with recent revelations about Days and the trouble Namine faced then with putting together Sora's Memories but also before, it's common to assume Sora's Memories were completely taken apart after Riku brought Roxas back. Sort of a complete reformat - take apart Memories to start over fresh with Sora's Nobody nearby. Starting fresh with the missing piece present; highest chances for success.
That would mean that during their fight Riku would still remember Sora very well, since the Memories weren't torn apart until afterwards.

C

Colours

you've done good SA. very good. yes, riku forgot. "the fog is clearing" totally forgot about that. tis proof. off topic, that made me think ansem was gonna come back somehow for "revenge".

We all know SA does a great job with explaining things detail to detail.<3

#1 Xemnas

#1 Sex Man
Especially with recent revelations about Days and the trouble Namine faced then with putting together Sora's Memories but also before, it's common to assume Sora's Memories were completely taken apart after Riku brought Roxas back. Sort of a complete reformat - take apart Memories to start over fresh with Sora's Nobody nearby. Starting fresh with the missing piece present; highest chances for success.
That would mean that during their fight Riku would still remember Sora very well, since the Memories weren't torn apart until afterwards.

"i see" said the blind man...

i guess i just assumed she would start working on the memories as soon as he was in the pod. whereas, roxas wasn't brought back ti'll near the beginning of kh2, almost a year later.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
i guess i just assumed she would start working on the memories as soon as he was in the pod.

She did, as shown in Days nicely. Also that scene with Riku shows the other side of it - the people remembering Sora, indicating his own Memories of them were still intact.
Issues arose, however, that forced them to bring Roxas in, and only then take apart Sora's Memories completely.

whereas, roxas wasn't brought back ti'll near the beginning of kh2, almost a year later.

Well, I don't think we know that for a fact. We only know that he was at least a week in the Digitalized Twilight Town D:

ur-vile

Awards

Ah, that makes sense. Because I never got the impression that Riku was at all affected, I couldn't think of any scene where he seemed to forget Sora. I totally forgot about DiZ and Riku's conversation at the beginning of KH2, though.

So then did anyone completely forget sora before Roxas was captured? I remember characters saying how they were all remembering him at the same time. I don't anyone was like "Oh you! I forgot about you a year ago." Then again, no one was like "we recently forgot about you."

I guess the DS game will eventually tell all. Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
I thought he was affected. When Diz is speaking to Riku in TwT Riku said something like "the haze is becoming clearer".
I can't find the link right now could some look for it on Youtube? It was at the begining of the game.
Why wouldn't it affect him?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back