• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So I'm getting my DS in a few days...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shadow Soldier

No. There are no best one. They all do the same thing, browse the internet, play music, movies.. games...

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
If you want something easy where the root system and all that is really easy to navigate and the layout on the card itself during boot up, I recommend R4. It can basically do everything that any other flash card can do, so I don't know why people bad mouth it. M3 Real and Simply are other forms of the R4 but are a lot more confusing to navigate during bootup.

I wouldn't say so, but your's DOES look a lot simplier, Shadow.

Although, with all of this controversy, I could see them trying to shut whoever makes R4 down, so you MAY want to consider getting a different type, since R4 MAY not be serviced sometime in the future. Meaning no official firmware updates or fixes.

Also, get Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. Shit's good.

And Mother 3

And Pokemon Blue, since it's the only one you need.

And. . .Well, that's all I can think of. Peggle Duel Shot is pretty fun, lol. Some people like Elite Beat Agents, but I think it's meh.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Yeah, I was looking into the R4 since they wont be available much longer on the market due to the whole Nintendo lawsuit thing. I also heard of the Acekard and it's cheap so that would work too. I was gonna jump on the CycloDS but it's almost $50 so yeah. Just need something cheap and dependable that will work no questions asked. No need for all the other features, just ROM playing.

Sonic games are always cool, as long as they're enjoyable. My sis had Sonic Rush and I liked that.

Good games/ideas guys. Thanks for all the help.

If not an R4, there's SuperCard, although the website can sometimes be hard to understand. I myself have a supercard, and have found no major issues with it, except for some bugs in ROMs that are usually fixed in a soon-to-come update, except for Chrono Trigger, which won't play.

S

Shadow Soldier

The people who made R4 can still do updates. They just can't sell it in Asia.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
fixed

aren't all the pokemon storylines THE EXACT SAME?

1. Even if you like that sort of thing it's still terrible, the battle system is extremely simplistic and is basically automatic (make a mass healer and attacker army, move there, kill the enemies). Pathing is also fucking awful.

2. I was referring to the storyline gameplay, but yes, yes they are.

Once I got Palkia it became even easier.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
The people who made R4 can still do updates. They just can't sell it in Asia.

But with that victory, Nintendo will soon try to shut them down, and also prevent selling any more anywhere. It only makes sense.

Also, where did you buy yours? I got mine shipped in from China, which is where ? =/

Hokage

Banned
Awards
i apologize mr. hokage for kind of ranting here but i dunno i just had to let this off my chest i am sorry man

its cool bro .I agree with you on every point, just that I'm a faggot and want to relive my childhood and shit and trade pokemon with Ty. Ever since Nintendo started printing money with the DS and Wii, seems like they gave out a collective fuck you to the real fans who stuck with them through the bad times.

So yeah, decided to go ahead and order the CycloDS since it works with the majority of games and I found it for a pretty cheap price. Downloading some of the games you guys mentioned, almost forgot about Mother 3 so thanks for putting that out there. Also, just so I'm straight on this issue. Is transferring ROMS as simple as plugging the SD card in and transferring or is there some special conversion required for different formats such as GBA games vs actual DS games?

S

Shadow Soldier

its cool bro .I agree with you on every point, just that I'm a faggot and want to relive my childhood and shit and trade pokemon with Ty. Ever since Nintendo started printing money with the DS and Wii, seems like they gave out a collective fuck you to the real fans who stuck with them through the bad times.

So yeah, decided to go ahead and order the CycloDS since it works with the majority of games and I found it for a pretty cheap price. Downloading some of the games you guys mentioned, almost forgot about Mother 3 so thanks for putting that out there. Also, just so I'm straight on this issue. Is transferring ROMS as simple as plugging the SD card in and transferring or is there some special conversion required for different formats such as GBA games vs actual DS games?

Shouldn't be. Like for my R4, it's just drag and drop. And the DS files have to be .nds.

But with that victory, Nintendo will soon try to shut them down, and also prevent selling any more anywhere. It only makes sense.

They already stopped making the R4. They're still allowed to make firmware updates. There's no law against that.

Also I got my R4 from my older sisters bf who ordered it from the states.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Also, just so I'm straight on this issue. Is transferring ROMS as simple as plugging the SD card in and transferring or is there some special conversion required for different formats such as GBA games vs actual DS games?

Well, with DS games, it's pretty much drag n' drop, but I'm not sure on the specifics of GBA games. Makes me wish Muffs was around these days so I could ask him. Looking at wiki though, it seems to be that with CycloDS, you don't really have to do anything fancy.

Furry Lukar

Website
lukar82394.deviantart.com
- The World Ends With You
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of _____ (You pick)
- Sonic Rush
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
- Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
- Disgaea DS (Only if you can't get the PSP version)
- Animal Crossing: Wild World

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 1-3.
Mega Man ZX
Mega Man ZX: Advent
Hotel Dusk Room 215
Sonic Rush Adventure
Chrono Trigger
The World Ends With You
Gunstar Superheroes

kratos

I agree with most of the games listed above. Some are better than others, but most of them are all high class games. Some have really cool graphics >.> lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back