• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Some dedicated Christian come reassure me

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sora+goofy+duck

I don't think I like what God did to Job. He let Satan do all those things. I heard he even had a sort of wager going that Job would still like him. What happened, really, and how can people say God is so nice?

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
I don't think that this site is the best place to get reassurance. Many people here are atheist. (I'm not saying that's a bad thing) But what I'm saying is that you're going to get some pretty good as well as some pretty stupid answers. But remember that all of the stories in the bible are there to teach us something. If you have a question I think it would be better to either ask your parents or your church. You know someone who is close to God. Because on here you're going to get a lot of crazy answers kid. I just don't want your feelings to get hurt.:unsure:

ltwi13

Please, though this is long, read it all.

ok. this is my favorite topic to discuss. The Bible. 1.TMM, if you are going to say stuff like that, just go away. He didn't ask for your opinion on God. He also asked for a Christian. Clearly, if you thiunk that, your not a Chrstian.

Now. Luckily for you, my sunday-school teacher told us indepth about this. What it meant was that God was saying that Job had so much faith in God, he would never curse him, go against him, ever lose faith in him, never stop loving him, etc. So, to proove to Satin that Job was as deticated as he was, He allowed Satin to put him to the ultimate test. If you remember, once, a man came and told him his wife died, immediatley another man came and told him all his sons had died, at the same time another came and said his daughters had died, and yet another came and said that all of his crop, workers, and livestock had died. Then, his house burned down. Not sure, but that covers most of that part. The Bible says that after that, that he took off all of his clothes (though I think something was covering his area), laid himself down, and prayed, and praised the Lord.then, he had so many illnesses and deases it was unreal. even then, he still had all of the traits I listed before. After a long time of this suffering, Satin was satisfied and God gave Job 2x everything he had. Oh, and by the way. He was rich, so to have his big house burn down, was pretty bad. but it came back 2x better. So what it over all means is to show that God rewards those who are like Job.I think I remember in the Bible it actually was the most...you know all of those ways I described him before? well, I think it says that he was the best one at that, throughout history. So fr. And most likely, forever.

Hope that answers your question.

EDIT: sorry, when I said about him getting 2x as much, I meant 2x sons, 2x daughters, 2x livestock, etc.

sora+goofy+duck

Thanks. I thought that he did give him back 2x everything, but I didn't know all of the details. And you are right, that is why I specifically asked for a Christian.

I know that I could have gotten some replies like Muffin man's, but I was prepared for that.

Voltron

Silver Member
I would ask your parents or someone from your church.

most people here don't believe in God and give you the answers that you might not want.

So yeah I would ask someone from your church.

ltwi13

Sorry. I wasn't thinking. I really don't know who I was talking to. Whenever I think something, I just immediately type my thoughts. Maybe I should think before I type. I know now. Oh, by the way. Thanks for the rep, but you don't have any to give. Don't worry. I made the same mistake before.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
1.TMM, if you are going to say stuff like that, just go away. He didn't ask for your opinion on God. He also asked for a Christian. Clearly, if you thiunk that, your not a Chrstian.

I'm a baptized catholic, and I'm well aware even with my faith, that God is a massive asshole

You can't be a Christian and have a sense of justice to know that what God has done is wrong, and that he is not infallible? Okay then, I don't want to be a mindless drone anyway

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Please, though this is long, read it all.

ok. this is my favorite topic to discuss. The Bible. 1.TMM, if you are going to say stuff like that, just go away. He didn't ask for your opinion on God. He also asked for a Christian. Clearly, if you thiunk that, your not a Chrstian.

Now. Luckily for you, my sunday-school teacher told us indepth about this. What it meant was that God was saying that Job had so much faith in God, he would never curse him, go against him, ever lose faith in him, never stop loving him, etc. So, to proove to Satin that Job was as deticated as he was, He allowed Satin to put him to the ultimate test. If you remember, once, a man came and told him his wife died, immediatley another man came and told him all his sons had died, at the same time another came and said his daughters had died, and yet another came and said that all of his crop, workers, and livestock had died. Then, his house burned down. Not sure, but that covers most of that part. The Bible says that after that, that he took off all of his clothes (though I think something was covering his area), laid himself down, and prayed, and praised the Lord.then, he had so many illnesses and deases it was unreal. even then, he still had all of the traits I listed before. After a long time of this suffering, Satin was satisfied and God gave Job 2x everything he had. Oh, and by the way. He was rich, so to have his big house burn down, was pretty bad. but it came back 2x better. So what it over all means is to show that God rewards those who are like Job.I think I remember in the Bible it actually was the most...you know all of those ways I described him before? well, I think it says that he was the best one at that, throughout history. So fr. And most likely, forever.

Hope that answers your question.

EDIT: sorry, when I said about him getting 2x as much, I meant 2x sons, 2x daughters, 2x livestock, etc.
So God is like I'm going to put you though hell and back to prove a point to Satan? Wow...great.

Why do you spell Satan like Satin sheets?

spyells said:
Because on here you're going to get a lot of crazy answers kid. I just don't want your feelings to get hurt.:unsure:

ltwi13

O my gosh. This is what I meant. What I meant was I thought you would be one of those people who said they were Christians, but really were just babtized at birth. Which doesn't help you at all. So when I said that, I meant that you shouldn't have posted becaus he meant a real Christian, not somebody who says they are but says horrible things about God.

I say how you edited s+g+d. I getkit now. your wording made me think you didn't see it. I'm never good at wording myself, but I'm good at misinterpreting others' wording

EDIT:To prove that no matter what, Job would always praise the lord, worship him, etc.

plus, i mean come on. wouldn't you like it if you wereput through all that suffering, then given 2x what you had? everything that you lost, 2x what it was. And, I forgot to mention that, if I'm right, he never got sick or ill again; Job stayed healthy the rest of his life.

oh, and about the spelling. sorry. not good at spelling names.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Boohoo, I've gone to Sunday school every weekend for the majority of my life and attended Catholic Schooling for most of my education, way to generalize. I just happen to not be a mindless drone like you

I don't say 'horrible' things about God, I call God what he rightfully is: an asshole. God gave man free will, and I have the free will and open mind to see that no nice or caring thing does what God has done, I judge him just as I would judge my neighbor or my family.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
George Carlin was raised as a Roman Catholic. No, they are not evil. They diverge from the same thing as you Christian folk.
Anyhow, here he reassures you of the Ten Commandments.
Over yonder, he gives some praises towards religion in general.
Not specifically what you were looking for, but I think it'll do.

ltwi13

TMM. I am shocked. You know He could of let us all just rot in hell, but he didn't, did he? He gave you a choice. He didn't have to, but He did. He sent His only Son to die for us on the cross. His only Son, who took all of our sin, and put it in Himself, so that we may go to heaven. Now, note that I say we can. You make the choice. So, calling God what you said (I'm sorry, but I don't cuss, whether it be typed, written, or spoken. It is against what I've learned. I won't even repeat it), is just wrong considering what He's done, for your would be sorry, pathetic life if it weren't for Him (don't get confused with what I just said. I meant that without Hi, your life would be worthless. Technically, He didn't even have to create us. But He did, and He has loved us, is loving us, and will forever love us.)

Hope this clears thing up TMM

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
plus, i mean come on. wouldn't you like it if you wereput through all that suffering, then given 2x what you had? everything that you lost, 2x what it was. And, I forgot to mention that, if I'm right, he never got sick or ill again; Job stayed healthy the rest of his life.

And that justifies what God did to him somehow!? He gets a little payoff in the end, so it's okay that God ruined his life, killed his family, brought famine and disease upon him, and it's okay because in the God's like "lol sorry about that here you go"...and God did all of this on a WHIM because he wanted to PROVE A POINT to someone else about how much of a ball and chain he's got his children on?

Getting 2x what he had does not justify putting him through what he did, nothing justifies putting a human being through that no matter who you are. No matter if God "made it up to him" and gave him the chance to have 2x the daughters and wives (which by the way, I thought polygamy was something that was frowned upon), that doesn't justify taking away the one that he HAD. Is it okay for me to kill your sister, because I mean your parents could just sex up another baby girl? Does that replace the sister you had, the shared memories and memories to be? Does that make okay that she is no longer allowed the right to live, because her existence could be thrown away so long as her position was filled!?

His story is not one to be telling of God's great kindness, it's one to open your eyes as to what kind of person God is, not someone to be praised or worshipped.

He could of let us all just rot in hell, but he didn't, did he?

According to the Christian faith, God does. if you do not believe in God, or you are not even living in a country where you can rightfully even know of him or the Christian faith, you can not go to heaven, and therefore you go to hell. How much of the planet is not in a christian-dominant region? Maybe 75%? Asia, Afrika, South America? All of them are sinners in God's eyes, all of them go to hell. Great peacemakers and people who advanced human society, if they were not Christian they are burning in Hell.

Right, Jesus died for Man's sins, except that by religious standards we are all still born as sinners, hence why you have to be baptized. Jesus didn't die for shit, we're all still sinners from birth and if we follow the faith we all spend our entires LIVES repenting, living in fear for what death awaits, paranoid that the man in the sky doesn't approve of every little choice we make in our lives, dancing for the puppetmaster and hoping to appease him hoping that our lives have been good enough so that after the living hell he's put on us, maybe we get to go into his fanciful little cloud city and finally be released from the leash and have peace.

Last edited:

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
No I was fine with what I had, why go though all of that just to so God can say HA to Satan? I am not pawn to be thrown about here and there, jeez God already knew that Job would be faithful so the point of all that was just dumb to me even if he got 2x what he had.

so slow...

ltwi13

Okay. Do note this. I am only 12 years old, while your 18 (I'm saying this because it may make my responses not the best in the world, for I am still learning). But, let's continue.

ball and a chain He's got them on.....What the heck are you talking about? We are not prisoners. If any of us are prisoners, it'll be of Satan. And that's the people who aren't with God. But the people with God are free. Now, I don't mean free liike "Oh, we're free. Let's go rob a bank and murder that guy we hate, because we're free and we can do whatever we want". No. Not like that. But your not prisoners either.but we still have limits.

Now I can see how you would think that the 2x thing would be bad. But. But.....I'm sorry. I can't tell you. Because I can't remember. And since my old sunday school teacher is states away, I can't ask him. Sorry. If I remember what he said, I will tell you.

sora+goofy+duck

Boohoo, I've gone to Sunday school every weekend for the majority of my life and attended Catholic Schooling for most of my education, way to generalize. I just happen to not be a mindless drone like you

I don't say 'horrible' things about God, I call God what he rightfully is: an asshole. God gave man free will, and I have the free will and open mind to see that no nice or caring thing does what God has done, I judge him just as I would judge my neighbor or my family.
Wait. So you're telling me because the guy that gave you free will gave you free will, you're gonna call him an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back