• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Music ► Sonic Youth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
A rock band that started in the early 80's. Started off with no-wave noise rock, and evolved into experimental alternative, these guys are great in my opinion. A very aquired taste (none of my friends like them) but I'm truly inspired by their work, especially this:

Bad Moon Rising, released in 1985. The whole album just flows so well and comes to the energetic close of Death Valley '69... Then the bonus tracks afterwards.

Anyone else into this group?

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I bought another Sonic Youth album and it sucked... it's just noise.

Sorry, I just watched Juno again the other day.

SY is alright. A same song can have the uncanny ability to pump me up or put me to sleep depending on my mood. I like their distressed guitars and relaxed vocals for the most part though.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
And that's what I love about it, the early stuff is so out there in terms of strange noises and vocals, and is both energizing and relaxing. Especially "I Love Her All Time" through "Justice Is Might."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back