• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's memories -----> Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

As said above, Namine never directly influenced Roxas' memories. He was affected by the process, and that's all.
Nami erased all of his memories of being in the Organization when they put him into the Fake Twilight Town >.>

When I said that the memories were returned to Sora...That was bad wording on my part, so my mistake. Sorry. What I meant was that Sora had the same memories that Roxas had achieved during that short time. So, he basically had a small taste of Twilight Town by somehow cloning and claiming memories that Roxas had obtained during his small time of being born. Although this is starting to derail from my theory as I'm trying to focus more on Xion so I don't wanna get into further detail. >.<
So now you're saying he just got a copy of these memories from returning from being a heartless. Now it makes even less sense. The most logical of situation is that - yes - Roxas' memories are stored inside of Sora's heart.
Perhaps the same thing can be said about Xemnas with Xehanort's Heartless.

And if you really think that Xion is just some random Nobody you're out of your mind. Sure, she just happens to look like Kairi and Namine and can wield the Keyblade...And just disregard that Nomura has stated that she's a special Nobody with a special birth...<.<
Nomura never said that. Roxas said that Xigbar said that. ;)
And i'm saying that she is random in the sense that it is just some Nobody that is standing there - who had never even met Sora as a Nobody. Why should she have these memories upon her? Why her? Why not another Nobody? Why not Demyx? Why not Axel? Why not Luxord?

And again, there hasn't even been anything to suggest that memories can just "leave" the heart.

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
So now you're saying he just got a copy of these memories from returning from being a heartless. Now it makes even less sense. The most logical of situation is that - yes - Roxas' memories are stored inside of Sora's heart.
Perhaps the same thing can be said about Xemnas with Xehanort's Heartless.

We know that the other Nobodies remember, but their hearts are lost to darkness, so the memories must be with them. (Sora and Xehanort are the only people with Heartless that retained their sense of self, so I doubt the Organization's respective Heartless have the capability to contain memories.) If Roxas's memories are stored in Sora's heart, then why doesn't he have total access? Conversely, why isn't he immediately forgetting everything (since his memories are sent direct to Sora)?

Nomura never said that. Roxas said that Xigbar said that. ;)

Xigbar's got enough experience under his belt that I doubt he's wrong.

And i'm saying that she is random in the sense that it is just some Nobody that is standing there - who had never even met Sora as a Nobody. Why should she have these memories upon her? Why her? Why not another Nobody? Why not Demyx? Why not Axel? Why not Luxord?

Just some Nobody who looks like a combination of Kairi and the Keymaster Aqua and who can wield a Keyblade just like Roxas. If NOT Roxas, Xion is the IMMEDIATE second-best on merit of the Keyblade alone. Demyx and Luxord haven't met Sora at this point and have no connection, so everyone WITH a connection with the exception of Axel is dead, and aside from being friends with Roxas he has no claim on Sora.

The only other person who might intercept the memories is Namine, but she's already working with them, so I'm not sure how that would work.

And again, there hasn't even been anything to suggest that memories can just "leave" the heart.

I don't imagine it's that simple, and I'm not sure if she's actually getting the memories or flashes of a past life or a full-blown identity crisis complete with schizophrenia and psychosis. Right now all we have to go on is that the process is affecting her to the point that "she can't endure it."

A

Audo

Why the heck are all of your quotes of me labelled with that newb's name? o_O

We know that the other Nobodies remember, but their hearts are lost to darkness, so the memories must be with them. (Sora and Xehanort are the only people with Heartless that retained their sense of self, so I doubt the Organization's respective Heartless have the capability to contain memories.) If Roxas's memories are stored in Sora's heart, then why doesn't he have total access? Conversely, why isn't he immediately forgetting everything (since his memories are sent direct to Sora)?
Their memories are stored on the other side of the heart. Meaning they dont have direct access to the memories so to speak. We know that memories act like a chain, meaning if Sora never had a link that connected his memories to Roxas', there wouldnt be a way for him to remember/have access to them.

It's obvious that Roxas has a strong connection to Sora. He could retain his memories in Sora's heart from this connection. It isn't like they're lost, it's just that he gets them in a different process the other Nobodies do, but perhaps that is because he is special. All the more reason for Sora's "leaked memories" to go to Roxas, and not Xion.

Xigbar's got enough experience under his belt that I doubt he's wrong.
Point is, Nomura never said it, which means you can't use it like it came from the Powers That Be. It came from a member of the Organization - who likes to eavesdrop.

Just some Nobody who looks like a combination of Kairi and the Keymaster Aqua and who can wield a Keyblade just like Roxas. If NOT Roxas, Xion is the IMMEDIATE second-best on merit of the Keyblade alone. Demyx and Luxord haven't met Sora at this point and have no connection, so everyone WITH a connection with the exception of Axel is dead, and aside from being friends with Roxas he has no claim on Sora.

The only other person who might intercept the memories is Namine, but she's already working with them, so I'm not sure how that would work.
You totally missed the point of my post >.< I was never seriously suggesting Demyx or Luxord.

I don't imagine it's that simple, and I'm not sure if she's actually getting the memories or flashes of a past life or a full-blown identity crisis complete with schizophrenia and psychosis. Right now all we have to go on is that the process is affecting her to the point that "she can't endure it."
It's still memories leaving a heart, if the recipient is considered to be Xion. And that, again, isn't something we have seen once to happen.
And another thing, we don't even know that one line refers to Xion at all.

Axie

Why the heck are all of your quotes of me labelled with that newb's name? o_O

I'm as boggled about that as you are. o_O Did a similar thing with Karate's quotes awhile back. Glitch?

Their memories are stored on the other side of the heart. Meaning they dont have direct access to the memories so to speak. We know that memories act like a chain, meaning if Sora never had a link that connected his memories to Roxas', there wouldnt be a way for him to remember/have access to them.

>_< Meaning that the memories must have passed from one side of the heart to the other when Roxas was created, and then back when Sora was restored, which kind of invalidates SA's Namine theory. Crud.

Does make me wonder why Twilight Town felt "familiar" to Sora in CoM, though.

It's obvious that Roxas has a strong connection to Sora. He could retain his memories in Sora's heart from this connection. It isn't like they're lost, it's just that he gets them in a different process the other Nobodies do, but perhaps that is because he is special. All the more reason for Sora's "leaked memories" to go to Roxas, and not Xion.

I'm not arguing that Xion's the better candidate, only that this is still a possibility and it would explain a lot.

Point is, Nomura never said it, which means you can't use it like it came from the Powers That Be. It came from a member of the Organization - who likes to eavesdrop.

Agreed. But I've never seen Nomura be that sly.

You totally missed the point of my post >.< I was never seriously suggesting Demyx or Luxord.

And you missed the point of mine; because she wields the Keyblade, fake or not (and I'm pretty sure Roxas's is fake, too), she's already deeply significant. Not to mention she looks like both a legendary Keymaster and a Princess of Heart. No way is this girl "just some Nobody."

It's still memories leaving a heart, if the recipient is considered to be Xion. And that, again, isn't something we have seen once to happen.
And another thing, we don't even know that one line refers to Xion at all.

There could be any number of things happening. For all we know, the memories are getting copied. Or stolen. Or replaced.

No, but I can't think who else it could be. Larxene? Dead. Aqua? Only armor left, and she didn't have a connection to Sora (or, arguably, Kairi) in the first place. Kairi? The only thing that ever affected her was the time Roxas connected with her and she bitched to him about Sora; also I have a hard time stomaching the idea of Sora's memories causing her grief. Xion is the newest and most mysterious character, and the one around which the trailer focuses (for one reason or another), and even DiZ turns to Namine and goes, "She?"

Xebrem

Ok, I may be new here, but I do know what your talking about and I'm not stupid.

Xion and Sora do seem to have a connection in some way or another either that or she has a connection to Kairi or prahaps, both. there is alot of evidence to link her with both Sora.

Axel: "do you have that memory?" - saying to Xion. this is the most confusing statement that I have seen in a long time. what memory is Axel asking about? Axel obviously knew Sora and Namine' so, could he be asking about one of the 'fake' memories that Namine gave Sora during CoM?

Roxas: "Xigbar said that we are both special Nobodies" -saying to Xion. a Nobody with a special birth. both Roxas and Namine' are one of these Nobodies.

Xion: "where is Sora now?" - Saying to Riku. Xion obviously knows Sora and Kairi, but for some reason, Xion calls Kairi "the girl that is always with Sora", so does this mean that she is another of Kairi's Nobodies?

Roxas: "I'm surprised, you can wheild the keyblade too"- Saying to Xion. whilding the keyblade is the most obvious thing to link someone to Sora, exspecially if it's the same keyblade as Sora's and Roxas'

Axie

On the one hand, I'd say you're not responding to the issue at hand and make a new thread for it. On the other hand, there are a thousand and a half Xion threads already, so I don't know that it matters.

Xion and Sora do seem to have a connection in some way or another either that or she has a connection to Kairi or prahaps, both. there is alot of evidence to link her with both Sora.

There is nothing as yet to link her with Kairi besides her appearance. The memories she has of Sora could easily be Sora's memories and not Kairi's.

Axel: "do you have that memory?" - saying to Xion. this is the most confusing statement that I have seen in a long time. what memory is Axel asking about? Axel obviously knew Sora and Namine' so, could he be asking about one of the 'fake' memories that Namine gave Sora during CoM?

Impossible to say. Xion is spread out all over the place; it could literally mean anything.

Roxas: "Xigbar said that we are both special Nobodies" -saying to Xion. a Nobody with a special birth. both Roxas and Namine' are one of these Nobodies.

Yup.

Xion: "where is Sora now?" - Saying to Riku. Xion obviously knows Sora and Kairi, but for some reason, Xion calls Kairi "the girl that is always with Sora", so does this mean that she is another of Kairi's Nobodies?

Why does this mean she's Kairi's Nobody? When Roxas was getting his memories back, he remembered Sora's name first; when he talked to Kairi, it was to say, "Hey, you're that girl he likes!" Indicating that he didn't know her name. Also, he apparently knew his "true name," as I suspect most human-shaped Nobodies do, so if Xion remembers Sora's, that points more to being connected to Sora than Kairi.

Roxas: "I'm surprised, you can wheild the keyblade too"- Saying to Xion. whilding the keyblade is the most obvious thing to link someone to Sora, exspecially if it's the same keyblade as Sora's and Roxas'

Aqua was also a Keymaster, and Xion shows evidence of being related to her. If she is, that could explain the fact that she's a Keymaster. On the other hand, if she's solely related to Kairi, then that explains why she can wield the Keyblade; what it doesn't explain is how she came to possess one, because she would have to have stolen it from Roxas for a lot of those scenes to work (in the one with Axel, Roxas isn't even around; and in the one where she points it at him, Roxas looks understandably upset).

Xebrem

Well, Namine' is connected both to Sora and Kairi- can't Xion be aswell?

this is how I see it. Sora basicly has one-and-a-half Nobodies (just hear me out):
Roxas- being the 'true' Nobody And Namine' having been 'born' from the heart of Sora and the body of Kairi. So, can't Xion be the 'true Nobdy of Kairi? I mean it makes sense if you think about it.

Axie

Well, Namine' is connected both to Sora and Kairi- can't Xion be aswell?

this is how I see it. Sora basicly has one-and-a-half Nobodies (just hear me out):
Roxas- being the 'true' Nobody And Namine' having been 'born' from the heart of Sora and the body of Kairi. So, can't Xion be the 'true Nobdy of Kairi? I mean it makes sense if you think about it.

Except that Kairi can't have a pure Nobody, being a Princess of Heart. Her heart leaving Sora's body created Namine; the only other time her heart left a body was when it left her own body back at Destiny Islands, and after that Sora found her body with Riku. Xion doesn't figure in.

Xebrem

Yes, I know that- and have had to correct people with that kind of respons on other forums.
But what I'm trying to say is that: when Sora sacraficed himself for Kairi at Hollow Bastion, three Nobodies were created- Roxas, Namine' and Xion. who's Nobody is she other wise? Riku seems to know her and she knows Sora, that's the only explination I can come up with- If you have a better one that fits the facts and the time she joined the organization then, please, tell me.

Axie

Yes, I know that- and have had to correct people with that kind of respons on other forums.
But what I'm trying to say is that: when Sora sacraficed himself for Kairi at Hollow Bastion, three Nobodies were created- Roxas, Namine' and Xion. who's Nobody is she other wise? Riku seems to know her and she knows Sora, that's the only explination I can come up with- If you have a better one that fits the facts and the time she joined the organization then, please, tell me.

'Kay.

Xion is without a doubt very similar to Kairi, but she also resembles Aqua--a Keymaster. If she is not derived from a Keymaster, then it makes no sense that Xion wields a Keyblade (as a Princess of Heart, Kairi could not possess a Keyblade, only borrow one, making her not a Keymaster).

Aqua's armor is currently being stored in the Room of Sleep, to which Xemnas has access. He actually goes down there and talks to it, meaning that there may be vestiges of Aqua within it. If he was able to resurrect her body or soul and connect it with a body or soul closely connected to Kairi, he could create Xion.

Xebrem

hmm... yeah, I can see what your saying. and yes, it does make sense but how would Xemnas 'recreate' Aqua? and for what reason?

(and are backing up the Terra=Xehanort/Xemnas theory? 'cause I've been trying to do that for months on the other forum I've been going on, and they always denied it and disprooved the theory, so if you could help me prove it, I would be VERY VERY greatful )

Axie

hmm... yeah, I can see what your saying. and yes, it does make sense but how would Xemnas 'recreate' Aqua? and for what reason?

(and are backing up the Terra=Xehanort/Xemnas theory? 'cause I've been trying to do that for months on the other forum I've been going on, and they always denied it and disprooved the theory, so if you could help me prove it, I would be VERY VERY greatful )

I'm not sure about the how and I'm not sure about the why. Could always be that, knowing Ven was within/connected to Sora (assuming he is), Xemnas wanted to tip the scales with another Keymaster in his control. (There's also the possibility that Roxas, looking just like Ven, actually prodded Xemnas (Terra's) memory.)

I'm not sure one way or the other on that. What I do know is they have similar hairstyles, Xemnas looks a lot like Terra and MX both (and I can't think of another explanation why MX would suddenly shed about thirty years), and they are rumored to have the same voice actor.

A

Audo

I'm not arguing that Xion's the better candidate, only that this is still a possibility and it would explain a lot.
It being about Roxas explains a far more. It being about Xion only complicates things.

Agreed. But I've never seen Nomura be that sly.
Well, Nomura isn't the one writing the scenarios.

And you missed the point of mine; because she wields the Keyblade, fake or not (and I'm pretty sure Roxas's is fake, too), she's already deeply significant. Not to mention she looks like both a legendary Keymaster and a Princess of Heart. No way is this girl "just some Nobody."
And you still miss the point >.<

There could be any number of things happening. For all we know, the memories are getting copied. Or stolen. Or replaced.
"leaked" =/= copied, or stolen, or replaced.
It means they are leaking out of their place.

No, but I can't think who else it could be. Larxene? Dead. Aqua? Only armor left, and she didn't have a connection to Sora (or, arguably, Kairi) in the first place. Kairi? The only thing that ever affected her was the time Roxas connected with her and she bitched to him about Sora; also I have a hard time stomaching the idea of Sora's memories causing her grief. Xion is the newest and most mysterious character, and the one around which the trailer focuses (for one reason or another),
Who's to say the trailer even revolved around her? No one has sad that scene has to do with Xion, yet all of you assume it since the trailer had like 3 Xion scenes. We have to realize that this is Roxas' Game. Not Xion's. Nomura has stated that many times this is Roxas' game and it is about him. There is more evidence to support Nami talking about Roxas in that scene than there is for Xion.

even DiZ turns to Namine and goes, "She?"
Yeah as a "who the eff you talkin' 'bout, grrl?"
DiZ is not a "know-all" person, as clearly pointed out in KH2. It is only reasonable to go "she?" when you were currently talking about a guy and suddenly the blonde chick is like "GIRL!"

Axie

And you still miss the point >.<

Your point, the way I interpreted it, was that the memories had plenty of choices as far as Nobodies (Roxas, Luxord, Demyx, Axel, etc.). But Xion is distinguished from them in that she wields a Keyblade, like Roxas, and bears Kairi's countenance, which is my point.

"leaked" =/= copied, or stolen, or replaced.
It means they are leaking out of their place.

Not necessarily. The memories getting to Xion don't mean "leaking" as the be all end all if there's a third party manipulating things for one reason or another. We don't know anything about this, so all we can do is speculate; narrowing it down to "leaking" is cutting out a lot of possibilities.

Who's to say the trailer even revolved around her? No one has sad that scene has to do with Xion, yet all of you assume it since the trailer had like 3 Xion scenes. We have to realize that this is Roxas' Game. Not Xion's. Nomura has stated that many times this is Roxas' game and it is about him. There is more evidence to support Nami talking about Roxas in that scene than there is for Xion.

I'm well aware that the game is centered on Roxas, and I'd be the first person to complain if it wasn't. But Xion all but dressed up as Nomura's show girl for the trailer (likely to take attention away from Roxas).

If Namine meant Roxas when she said "Surely she can't endure it," she's confused.

And before anybody goes around shouting "mistranslation," Namine said "kanojo." The literal translation is "she" and can only be "she."

Yeah as a "who the eff you talkin' 'bout, grrl?"
DiZ is not a "know-all" person, as clearly pointed out in KH2. It is only reasonable to go "she?" when you were currently talking about a guy and suddenly the blonde chick is like "GIRL!"

It implied both that DiZ didn't know who this was and that it was an important thing to say. If Namine then turns around and says, "Kairi, duh!" why was it in the trailer?

A

Audo

Your point, the way I interpreted it, was that the memories had plenty of choices as far as Nobodies (Roxas, Luxord, Demyx, Axel, etc.). But Xion is distinguished from them in that she wields a Keyblade, like Roxas, and bears Kairi's countenance, which is my point.
I was kind of implying the opposite.

Not necessarily. The memories getting to Xion don't mean "leaking" as the be all end all if there's a third party manipulating things for one reason or another. We don't know anything about this, so all we can do is speculate; narrowing it down to "leaking" is cutting out a lot of possibilities.
Suggesting that a third party is involved messing with these memories is really stretching the realm of believability.

I'm well aware that the game is centered on Roxas, and I'd be the first person to complain if it wasn't. But Xion all but dressed up as Nomura's show girl for the trailer (likely to take attention away from Roxas).

If Namine meant Roxas when she said "Surely she can't endure it," she's confused.

And before anybody goes around shouting "mistranslation," Namine said "kanojo." The literal translation is "she" and can only be "she."
She had a total of like three scenes in the trailer, she was not the show girl.

It implied both that DiZ didn't know who this was and that it was an important thing to say. If Namine then turns around and says, "Kairi, duh!" why was it in the trailer?
The same point as every single trailer? To get fans talking, spread the games existence by word of mouth. It's marketing.

I'm not denying the fact that she could be referring to Xion by "she", but that doesnt automatically mean she was referring to Xion the entire time. For all we know, she could have said that Xion wouldn't be able to ednure 'it'. 'It' being that the lose of her friend Roxas, because Nami realized that Roxas was going to have to fuse back with Sora to fix it (which he did). Or perhaps she meant Xion seeing someone else reclaim their identity when she is still lost.

Axie

Suggesting that a third party is involved messing with these memories is really stretching the realm of believability.

A third party doesn't necessarily have to be a person. It could be a side effect of something else or a phenomenon brought on by a connection to Namine or Sora.

More than anything I'm saying I wouldn't completely toss this theory, or some variation of it.

She had a total of like three scenes in the trailer, she was not the show girl.

Roxas had about two. And then the following trailer had a ton about her; she appeared six times there. Roxas was there only three. The illusion at the moment is that she's eclipsing Roxas. I'm praying she doesn't.

The same point as every single trailer? To get fans talking, spread the games existence by word of mouth. It's marketing.

The fact that Namine said "kanojo" holds significance. Japanese generally use names instead of "he/she" and "you," and often instead of "me" as well (it's more polite), so it would have made a lot more sense if Namine just named the person, unless the person was understood or she was deliberately trying to be mysterious (or didn't know the person's name). They were specifically drawing attention to that "she." For it to turn out to be Kairi or someone Namine already knows is just plain cheap.

I'm not denying the fact that she could be referring to Xion by "she", but that doesnt automatically mean she was referring to Xion the entire time. For all we know, she could have said that Xion wouldn't be able to ednure 'it'. 'It' being that the lose of her friend Roxas, because Nami realized that Roxas was going to have to fuse back with Sora to fix it (which he did). Or perhaps she meant Xion seeing someone else reclaim their identity when she is still lost.

Can't deny that, although context is screwy. Namine says "It's an important key if he's going to wake up," which could be related to Roxas or Xion or both--and then, "If it's connected to another memory, surely she can't endure it." Would that mean Roxas's capture? I can't think how that would be "connected" (or how it wouldn't be if we think of it as Roxas containing some of Sora's memories), and how Xion wouldn't be able to endure it on merit of that connection (as opposed to Roxas's capture in general).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back