• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

South Park Season 11

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

|The_Big_Four|

Website
www.angelfire.com
Well, if "Lost" turns out to be disappointing on Wednesdays, I can always count on one of the longest-running comedies on TV today to make up for it. Even with the sad state of sitcoms today, South Park never fails to rise up (pun intended).

The always satirical, always controversial, and always unpredictable show kicked off its 11th Season tonight with more satire, more controversy, and more irony than ever before, courtesy of the genius that is Trey Parker.

Between Nip/Tuck and South Park, you got about 80% of the whole reason why there exists a Parents Television Council.

But enough about that, as with every genius episode of the show, there's always a hidden message/motif/theme/moral, whatever you wanna refer to it as. In addition, there's always an ironic situation that's usually pretty easy to get if you have an open mind.

Tonight (and before you get me for not being politically correct in what I say, make sure you've actually watched the show before. Also, I'd like to add that political correctness is overrated, and I applaude South Park for always telling it and showing it like it is):

Message Delivered Through Satire: People with disabilities (such as the midget from the episode) who claim that what other people think doesn't matter are lying. They do care, and the point that Trey was trying to get across is, don't effing lie about it. Just admit that other peoples' words are like knives to your chest.

Ironic Situation: Instead of people of color being the ones targeted by the stereotypical people you'd usually expect to be racist, the people marked as being racist (or an "N-Guy" as seen on the show) are the ones getting the treatment instead.

Like I said, genius as always. Course, if the producers think we'll have just forgotten about the atrociously horrible Season 10 finale from a few months back, think again. We remember.

Regardless, if this is any indication of the season to come, then Wednesday nights will once again be what they have been for over ten years now - satirical, ironic, controversial, but above all, downright hilarious.

Until the writers of "Lost" actually decide to stop showing all of these pointless focus episodes and start moving the storyline forward, it seems clear that there will be only one giant on Wednesday nights.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
yeah, these last couple of lost episodes of flashbacks have been pissing me off. however, i enjoyed last nights episode. i wish south park or lost would be on a different time so i could watch both. i guess i should get a tivo

|The_Big_Four|

Website
www.angelfire.com
Oh no they didn't! Are you serious? No friggin way! I just read this regarding tonight's episode:

This episode has numerous references to the show 24. Including Cartman using Jack Bauer's raspy voice, the screen-splitting and the clock timer, even Cartman's cell phone ring is exactly like the CTU one. Kyle seems to be playing the part of Chloe O'Brian, Jack Bauer's techie.

Also, the head of the CIA looks a lot like Bill Buchanan.

I definitely didn't know about this beforehand. Just when you think South Park has done a satire of everything in pop culture and current events, wow ...

South Park goes and spoofs 24? Unbelievable. A+++ work.

EDIT: If you're not a "24" fan, you definitely won't have found this episode to be funny. Otherwise, you'll probably think that this was the best episode ever, because they pretty much got EVERYTHING from "24" right, even down to the annoying camera-shaking thing that the show does. Trey Parker MUST watch the show or something. Fantastic episode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back