• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Splatoon!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSeven

Awards
Didn't see any other thread about it, but what do you guys think about? Don't think it's going to be system seller but the multiplayer looks pretty fun, I know I'll be getting it just to get something different from the typical FPS. This is going to be exclusive to the Wii U and at E3 we saw a lot of gameplay from the Treehouse event. Thoughts? Criticism?

WiiU_Splatoon_scrn01_E3.jpg

E3 Annoucment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L54s2m1dPs

Mutiplayer/Gameplay footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4JL5H7XMKY

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
It looks like it could be a lot of fun, but I'm worried about the longevity of it. It feels like it would be more of a PC game since it's so focused on multiplayer. The best situation is that it'll be successful during the Wii U, but after we move to the next-next generation, it'll be forgotten/Splatoon 2 will be released instead. I hope I'm somehow wrong though, because I do think it looks interesting.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I thought this and No Man's Sky were the best games of E3. Splatoon looks so creative and unique I might have to buy it even though I really, really suck at dual analog shooters. I'm just so impressed that Nintendo managed to create something so utterly novel in the third person shooter genre, possibly the most lifeless and overdone genre in all of video games.

This really does feel like an old-school Nintendo game; the gameplay system is totally unique, the characters are bizarre yet impeccably and creatively designed, and it supposedly has a ton of different modes. I'm especially happy it has local multiplayer, because while online is a must Nintendo seems to be the only company that recognizes that sometimes I have friends over and want to playwith them. I'm definitely keeping track of this game.

PersonFace

At first I wasn't too interested in this game, but the more I see of it, the more excited for it I get. It just feels like a breath of fresh air after all the dark, grey, and downright serious shooters all over the place.

Now, I'm not saying that all​ of them are like that, but an overwhelming amount are.

BlackSeven

Awards
It looks like it could be a lot of fun, but I'm worried about the longevity of it. It feels like it would be more of a PC game since it's so focused on multiplayer. The best situation is that it'll be successful during the Wii U, but after we move to the next-next generation, it'll be forgotten/Splatoon 2 will be released instead. I hope I'm somehow wrong though, because I do think it looks interesting.

For something to be forgotten after a generating is something normal these days though, the most we can hope for is for them to keep the servers open so multiplayer is still playable after a while. Who knows how Single player will work, I'd have to leave my concerns or speculations on that until we get more details.

I thought this and No Man's Sky were the best games of E3.

No Man's Sky looked really interesting too, concept wise, but I wonder if it will really be able to entertain with only exploring options and possible space fights.

Now, I'm not saying that all​ of them are like that, but an overwhelming amount are.

Tell me about it, I can't think of any recent FPS that can compare to it.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah I think this game looks really cute and fun, but I really need to see how they are handling single player before I decide to get it because right now it only really looks fun for multi-player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back