• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(spoilers) something on my mind about Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

riku in the dawn

OK! I might be a little bit of the reservation with this one, BUT, I'm pretty sure we all know that Xion was a puppet created by Xemnas that absorbed the Soras' memories of Kairi, and Kairi being able to wield a keyblade (at least in KH2) gives Xion the ability as well. My problem with that is that since Xion is a memory and called a fake and "broken" shouldn't her keyblade be fake as well? The cutscene with Riku, you clearly see him call the keyblade a sham and her a sham, so it would only make sense that everything she did really did nothing at all since she really isn't real.? If that makes sense at all.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Re: something on my mind about Xion

SPOILERS PLZ! D:

Some peeps Don't know yet... Anywho, by remembering how to weild, she apparently can wield. In other words, it's not fake.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com

Kairi being able to wield a keyblade (at least in KH2) gives Xion the ability as well.
Kairi can't use the keyblade.
What she used was basically Riku's 2nd keyblade. He was dual wielding and letting he hold it for a minute or two.

Xion can wield

because she is made up of Sora's memories. Kairi only effected her look.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards

Holy crudbuckets. There's a spoiler section for a reason. >_> There's absolutely no mention that there might be spoilers in here and the first sentence is like "LOL SPOILERS~"

Nice.

Also, see this topic, which is in the spoiler section, so click at your own risk. It goes into this question at depth. <3

http://forums.khinsider.com/spoilers/136125-man-black-reflects.html

Kairi can't use the keyblade.
What she used was basically Riku's 2nd keyblade. He was dual wielding and letting he hold it for a minute or two.

Xion can wield

because she is made up of Sora's memories. Kairi only effected her look.

._. How can Riku dual wield?

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com

._. How can Riku dual wield?
No real reason has been said yet. Nor why the soul eater changed into a keyblade.
VI - Could you please give an explanation for the new Keyblade "Way to the Dawn" that Riku obtained and the Keyblade Kairi has as well as what the conditions for using a Keyblade are?
There isn't necessarily one Keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, "Those with strong hearts" is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's Keyblade are naturally the same type of Keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurrence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think its OK to think there is some deeper meaning there.
What Riku gave her was another transformed Soul Eater. Kairi does have a strong heart yes, but she isn't a wielder.
Until we learn more about dual wielding and the keyblade it's hard to say.
Xehanort's Heartless would be the best bet.
Agreed

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards

There's never been anything that says a Heartless can wield a Keyblade. People find it weird that Nobodies wield them; Heartless wielding them would be an even rarer/more ridiculous idea. They go after those who wield the Keyblade due to their powerful hearts, so one wielding a Keyblade would make little sense.

Though yeah, it would be the best possible explanation, considering Roxas kept both of his.

riku in the dawn

yea my B on the not putting spoilers thing, and Riku doesn't dual wield, Roxas and Sora are the only 2 that can dual. and yea shes using Rikus 2nd Keyblade but OH SNAP!! its a keyblade nonetheless haha
and im trying to say more that Xion is something that was forgotten, something that was created to hold memories, up until what her 3rd mission she only used magic, nothing else, and then with her fight with riku u see him call her a sham, and since shes nothing more but a memory, i really cant see her keyblade truly being real.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
There isn't necessarily one Keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts.
^ This makes me wonder about "Riku's second Keyblade"

It can't be his unless he has two hearts.

On Xion, it's pretty much seen that Keyblades are very highly connected to memories. Xion wields one because she has Sora's memories of wielding one. Hers is Sora's. Roxas' is (possibly) Ventus'. Xion's Keyblade isn't a sham, it's the same exact one Sora used before he fell asleep. .-. If you followed the link I posted before, you'd see the scene that backs that up. Riku seems to remember the feeling of holding Xion's Keyblade as being the same as the sensation of holding Sora's Keyblade, so... I'm pretty sure on that.

kiante

But...Xion was able to wield the Keyblade because of her exposure to ROXAS. She was basically stealing his Keyblade. This is revealed throughout the game. Late in the game Roxas becomes weaker because she's taking more of the power than she was before. Basically, it would seem that the Keyblade can be in more than one place at once, physically. But Xion and Roxas use the same Keyblade, which is Sora's (presumably). BUT, Roxas doesn't have Sora's memories, only some of his POWER. So, unless Xion was secretly shadowing Sora in C.O., she couldn't have taken Sora's Keyblade...

...But then again, she did have memories of and from Sora...which she supposedly obtained from Roxas...of course, that doesn't make much sense, considering he didn't have those memories...Perhaps she actually obtained them from Riku, having a close bond with Sora...or some were transferred to her when Sora's memories "scattered" because of Namine...yeah, that's probably it.

None the less, she learned to Wield from exposure to Roxas, therefore either he had more than one, or, more likely, they are using the same Keyblade.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
None the less, she learned to Wield from exposure to Roxas, therefore either he had more than one, or, more likely, they are using the same Keyblade.

Xion begins to use the Keyblade when Axel is at Castle Oblivion (Day 25), meaning Sora is at Castle Oblivion, meaning his memories are being slowly tampered with. Xion was made as a sort of... receptacle for Sora's memories, specifically those of Kairi. The Keyblade must somehow be related to Memories (this cannot really be argued, especially with the situation with Xion), meaning that by getting Sora's memories, she could have, in essence, have taken Sora's Keyblade inadvertently. Roxas fell asleep shortly after Xion began to use the Keyblade. When Roxas awoke, Castle Oblivion was already just about over. (He woke up on Day 50; Day 51 the entire team was reported to be annihilated) Xion lost her ability to use the Keyblade when Roxas woke.

One Keyblade. Later on she regained her ability through remembering how to use it (or absorbing the power from Roxas' Keyblade again) Her Keyblade before Roxas fell asleep could have been fake, based solely on the memories from Sora, but when she gets it back, it's a real Keyblade then. I would have to respectfully disagree that they both use the SAME Keyblade. I'm still going to stick with the idea that Roxas has his own Keyblade, not one from Sora, and that Xion takes Sora's Keyblade. It's ridiculous to me to think that Roxas had two of the same Keyblade in his hands when he ran through The World That Never Was at the end there. First off, if they're the same one, why did they change into distinctly different Keyblades?

Another thing that's slightly unrelated >_> People have been saying the Oblivion "changed form" when Riku held it, but I didn't see that happen at all... I don't know what they're talking about...

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Another thing that's slightly unrelated >_> People have been saying the Oblivion "changed form" when Riku held it, but I didn't see that happen at all... I don't know what they're talking about...

It had the general outside shape of the WtD's wing, from what I spotted D: and the battle took precious minutes for me, I managed to get a good look at it.

I've been saying it for ages. And Xion "waking up" that second Keyblade inside of Roxas rather than just giving it to him supports it all the more. Sora and Roxas had half a Keyblade each due to them sharing Sora's power. Then Xion got her copy. Then Xion - with relations to Ven as we've seen - is defeated and another Keyblade is awoken inside Roxas. Once he fuses back into Sora, 1.5 + 0.5 Keyblades make for Sora to Duel Wield, only he needs help getting to that extra Keyblade, hence the arguable plot element of the Drive Forms - to help him reach Roxas and through him to Xion/Ven buried deep inside Roxas who's deep inside him.

keyking

There's never been anything that says a Heartless can wield a Keyblade. People find it weird that Nobodies wield them; Heartless wielding them would be an even rarer/more ridiculous idea. They go after those who wield the Keyblade due to their powerful hearts, so one wielding a Keyblade would make little sense.

Though yeah, it would be the best possible explanation, considering Roxas kept both of his.

actually, sora did. he's a heartless, and he uses his.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
It had the general outside shape of the WtD's wing, from what I spotted D: and the battle took precious minutes for me, I managed to get a good look at it.
No, it doesn't. I'm assuming you're talking about when he coats the Oblivion in Light during the final battle, right? All he does is turn its shape into that of a sword rather than a key. I just loaded it up and went into the fight to see it. Thankfully he stands around like an idiot for long periods of time. xD Easy to get a good pause screen with his sword in it. It narrows to a point with absolutely no discernible Way to the Dawn features to it whatsoever. I'm about 90% certain it's nothing more than a battle mechanic to make his fight harder. It's more just him using his powers over Light to extend the range and power of the Oblivion rather than randomly changing it into a completely new weapon.

I've been saying it for ages. And Xion "waking up" that second Keyblade inside of Roxas rather than just giving it to him supports it all the more. Sora and Roxas had half a Keyblade each due to them sharing Sora's power. Then Xion got her copy. Then Xion - with relations to Ven as we've seen - is defeated and another Keyblade is awoken inside Roxas. Once he fuses back into Sora, 1.5 + 0.5 Keyblades make for Sora to Duel Wield, only he needs help getting to that extra Keyblade, hence the arguable plot element of the Drive Forms - to help him reach Roxas and through him to Xion/Ven buried deep inside Roxas who's deep inside him.
Xion has connections to Roxas, thus to Ventus, it's not a direct connection... People look at her and see the person most closely associated with BOTH Xion and the viewer. Xigbar has not met Sora yet. He's not very close to Roxas. He's never met Namine or Kairi. Who else is left besides Ventus, who obviously connects to Roxas due to the spitting image similarity?

The half Keyblade idea makes some sense, I suppose, though I'm more under the impression that Roxas is using the Keyblade you're saying Xion awoke within Sora, the one related to Ventus, right from the beginning and that Xion, if anyone, shares the Keyblade with Sora. (run-on ftl) In this way, when Xion fuses back to Roxas, she returns Sora's actual Keyblade to Roxas, allowing him to combine Sora's and Ventus' together and dual wield. When he's fused back to Sora, same shiz, awakening the Ventus Keyblade in Sora.

As for the Drive Forms, it makes little sense, since Nomura has stated that Sora CAN dual wield in his base form, he just doesn't know he can or something along those lines. Perhaps that's talking of post-KH2 Sora, though, as it would make sense that he needs more help in order to draw upon Ventus' Keyblade, as it would rest within Roxas, not Sora, and Roxas is deep within Sora and has yet to accept that fact until very near the end of KH2 (which also happens to be when Sora's power seems to dramatically leap, being capable of splitting buildings in half with his Keyblade, for example).

actually, sora did. he's a heartless, and he uses his.
This is true, forgot about that. In that case, I'd say it makes a bunch of sense for Xehanort's Heartless to have awoken Riku's Keyblade in some capacity.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Xion has connections to Roxas, thus to Ventus, it's not a direct connection... People look at her and see the person most closely associated with BOTH Xion and the viewer. Xigbar has not met Sora yet. He's not very close to Roxas. He's never met Namine or Kairi. Who else is left besides Ventus, who obviously connects to Roxas due to the spitting image similarity?

Yeah, only thing I find kind of iffy with that is that Xigbar seemed to have only seen it once Xion got that much of Sora's Memories to her. Otherwise why say what he did about it being a blast from the past, if he's been going on for so long? :\

The half Keyblade idea makes some sense, I suppose, though I'm more under the impression that Roxas is using the Keyblade you're saying Xion awoke within Sora, the one related to Ventus, right from the beginning and that Xion, if anyone, shares the Keyblade with Sora. (run-on ftl)

That's what I thought at first, but the Ultimania kind of made it sound differently :\ if Xion really did have a Keyblade that belonged to either of them, she'd have given it back to Roxas instead of waking up one inside him - only after she merged into him.

As for the Drive Forms, it makes little sense, since Nomura has stated that Sora CAN dual wield in his base form, he just doesn't know he can or something along those lines.

Hence the need NOW for Drive Forms. Never said Sora couldn't Duel Wield at all while in base form - just that for the time being it seems like he can't.

This is true, forgot about that. In that case, I'd say it makes a bunch of sense for Xehanort's Heartless to have awoken Riku's Keyblade in some capacity.

Hence why I've been saying that for a while :I

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Yeah, only thing I find kind of iffy with that is that Xigbar seemed to have only seen it once Xion got that much of Sora's Memories to her. Otherwise why say what he did about it being a blast from the past, if he's been going on for so long? :\

Another line in that scene points more to the fact he's always seen her that way. He said something along the lines of "Why is it that when I look at her, I see you?"... something like that. It made me think he's been seeing her as Ventus for quite a while and it was perhaps because of that reason he could have requested the three-man mission, or at least request a mission with Xion. From earlier, Saix makes it painfully clear that they don't do three-man missions. After C.O. they don't do even two-man missions. Xigbar, being in high standing in the Organization (he had the in about the Replica Program from the getgo) would probably have been able to request to be sent on a mission with Xion.

That's what I thought at first, but the Ultimania kind of made it sound differently :\ if Xion really did have a Keyblade that belonged to either of them, she'd have given it back to Roxas instead of waking up one inside him - only after she merged into him.

How would she "give it back" to him? Summon it as she's dying and hand it off to Roxas? That seems crazy to me. We both agree that Roxas absorbed Xion in some respect at that point, right? He could easily have "absorbed" her ability to wield that Keyblade and then been able to use it as well. We don't even know where they pull the Keyblades from at this point, so there's nothing to say that she could not pass on her ability to pull that particular Keyblade from wherever it rested. Honestly, it would be the exact same thing as "awakening the ability to wield the Keyblade" except it was awakening the ability to use the Keyblade she had been using, which was Sora's Keyblade.

Hence the need NOW for Drive Forms. Never said Sora couldn't Duel Wield at all while in base form - just that for the time being it seems like he can't.
o-o I corrected myself in the next statement, in a way. He might be able to dual wield without Drive Forms in "KH3" or whatever the next (chronologically) Sora-centric game is. I'm under the impression that, at the end of KH2, Roxas passed on his experience and kick-assitude to Sora officially when he accepted the fact that he was supposed to be with Sora. We all know Sora never once stopped to train in the Keyblade at all from the moment he got it until the end of Kingdom Hearts 2. Roxas spent nearly 358 days of his 365-day lifespan doing nothing but fighting Heartless and honing his Keyblade skills. He also absorbed the experiences of Xion at the end of Days, so it was pretty much 358 Days straight.

Hence why I've been saying that for a while :I
I used to always argue about Sora being a Heartless at the end of KH1. It just completely slipped my mind. xD

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
How would she "give it back" to him? Summon it as she's dying and hand it off to Roxas? That seems crazy to me. We both agree that Roxas absorbed Xion in some respect at that point, right? He could easily have "absorbed" her ability to wield that Keyblade and then been able to use it as well. We don't even know where they pull the Keyblades from at this point, so there's nothing to say that she could not pass on her ability to pull that particular Keyblade from wherever it rested. Honestly, it would be the exact same thing as "awakening the ability to wield the Keyblade" except it was awakening the ability to use the Keyblade she had been using, which was Sora's Keyblade.

Ultimania said:
Well, it isn’t that Roxas has physically inherited Xion’s keyblade, but more that Xion has awakened it within Roxas.

I'd say that with her link to Memories of Ven, once Roxas absorbed it, he absorbed Ven's Keyblade, or rather - the ability to reach for it.
Xion herself was confirmed to have an imitation of a Keyblade, not a proper one. Hence Roxas couldn't have gotten his extra proper Keyblade from her, not in the proper inheritance sense.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
I'd say that with her link to Memories of Ven, once Roxas absorbed it, he absorbed Ven's Keyblade, or rather - the ability to reach for it.
Xion herself was confirmed to have an imitation of a Keyblade, not a proper one. Hence Roxas couldn't have gotten his extra proper Keyblade from her, not in the proper inheritance sense.

Ah, that makes sense. I should keep up more on the Ultimania stuff. xD

A

Audo

I took the "blast from the past" line to refer specifically to her fighting him. Meaning that Xigbar actually fought Ven before.

At least, that's one of the ways I saw it.

A

Azrael

OK! I might be a little bit of the reservation with this one, BUT, I'm pretty sure we all know that Xion was a puppet created by Xemnas that absorbed the Soras' memories of Kairi, and Kairi being able to wield a keyblade (at least in KH2) gives Xion the ability as well. My problem with that is that since Xion is a memory and called a fake and "broken" shouldn't her keyblade be fake as well? The cutscene with Riku, you clearly see him call the keyblade a sham and her a sham, so it would only make sense that everything she did really did nothing at all since she really isn't real.? If that makes sense at all.

Riku's being a dick as usual about Keyblade ownership. He was in the thought that Sora wielded it.

Xion was a sham. A sham of Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back