• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILERS] Vanitas' appearance explained

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emass

Ok. I don't want to spoil this for everybody, but I'm going to. And for clarification, this isn't a theory. I read all this in a translation of the game.

As I'm sure you all know, there are rumors that Master Eraqus said that Ven shouldn't exist. In the game, this takes place after Ven finds out that he was created by Master Xehanort (MX) and that's when ME tries to kill Ven and Terra steps in a kills ME.

So who is Ven? Ven is a copy of a person made by MX to get the X-blade. MX couldn't get Ven to create the X-blade, so he created Vanitas from Ven's darkness. Vanitas later goes on to make the X-blade just before he's defeated.

Also, people should easily realize that there's no way that Vanitas could have been created at the same time as Sora's heart. The events of the game take place in a fairly short amount of time and Sora is 4 or 5 years old when Terra meets him on Destiny Island (DI) during the game.

So why does Vanitas look like Sora? It's really simple... Ven, just like Xion (but a little bit different), is a copy of Sora. It's just that Xion was an imperfect copy (and so she stole Sora's memories and gradually started to look like Sora) and Ven is a copy of Sora's light. Sora is "the chosen one" (for lack of a better term) and he's somehow tied into this whole mess (though I'm not completely sure how yet). So when Vanitas is created, he takes on the form of Sora.

Why does Vanitas look different than Sora? Because 1)Ven is older than Sora is currently so he mirrors Ven's age. 2)Vanitas is an Unversed, so he's got different features than the original Sora (black hair, yellow eyes).

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Ok. I don't want to spoil this for everybody, but I'm going to. And for clarification, this isn't a theory. I read all this in a translation of the game.

As I'm sure you all know, there are rumors that Master Eraqus said that Ven shouldn't exist. In the game, this takes place after Ven finds out that he was created by Master Xehanort (MX) and that's when ME tries to kill Ven and Terra steps in a kills ME.

So who is Ven? Ven is a copy of a person made by MX to get the X-blade. MX couldn't get Ven to create the X-blade, so he created Vanitas from Ven's darkness. Vanitas later goes on to make the X-blade just before he's defeated.

Also, people should easily realize that there's no way that Vanitas could have been created at the same time as Sora's heart. The events of the game take place in a fairly short amount of time and Sora is 4 or 5 years old when Terra meets him on Destiny Island (DI) during the game.

So why does Vanitas look like Sora? It's really simple... Ven, just like Xion (but a little bit different), is a copy of Sora. It's just that Xion was an imperfect copy (and so she stole Sora's memories and gradually started to look like Sora) and Ven is a copy of Sora's light. Sora is "the chosen one" (for lack of a better term) and he's somehow tied into this whole mess (though I'm not completely sure how yet). So when Vanitas is created, he takes on the form of Sora.

Why does Vanitas look different than Sora? Because 1)Ven is older than Sora is currently so he mirrors Ven's age. 2)Vanitas is an Unversed, so he's got different features than the original Sora (black hair, yellow eyes).

But how did MX find Sora and make a copy of him? I sorta see what your saying. I also wonder why everyone feels the need that they need a copy of Sora for their own goals o_O. Just goes to show Sora does play an important role in opening KH I guess.
Hmmm, I just thought of something. If the theory that that mysterious silver haired dude is a younger MX who was from DI, that could be how he found Sora and stuff.... I dunno. I'm just rambling now....

Emass

Maybe. I think it's more likely that MX tracked him down in search of the X-blade. If anyone want's a link for the translation I was looking at, let me know. I can provide it.

Sora1915

Bronze Member

Sora does have a lot of clones.......though I sorta think ROxand Ven are the same person so they should count as one......and I gues Vanitas is a part of Ven......so that should still be one......so that just leazves Xion....huh so he only has 2, people are overdramatic >>;

Emass

He only has 2 clones, but think of this. Ven is Sora's clone. Ven is split into Ven and Vanitas. Vanitas is destroyed. Ven's heart and body are split leaving Ven's body out there somewhere and his heart with Sora. Sora becomes a Heartless and then comes back. Roxas is created. Xion is created. Xion starts absorbing Sora/Roxas. Roxas absorbs Xion. Sora absorbs Roxas. Ven's body is still out there. Isn't this all just overly complicated? lol.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe. I think it's more likely that MX tracked him down in search of the X-blade. If anyone want's a link for the translation I was looking at, let me know. I can provide it.

I saw the link you provided in the other thread but I can't find where it says Ventus was a clone... could you point it out directly?

Emass

dang it. i cant find it in there now. sorry, i'll keep looking.

ShootingStar

I would be interested in where you read that Ven is definitely Sora's clone and that Vanitas is an Unversed, too, because I haven't seen that. :/
As far as I know, Ven is NOT a clone of Sora. At least, it hasn't been said that he is, but whatever. Ven and Sora's hearts were connected because Ven's was fractured: He was only the "light" half of a heart, and light and darkness needed to coexist for him to function, so he had to connect with Sora's heart to keep going.
Which brings me to Vanitas, who is the "dark" half of Ven's heart. As far as I know, he is not an Unversed. He's half of Ven, but he controls/created the Unversed due to only being darkness and the negative emotions having to do with that or something.
At least, this is what I thought. I could very well be wrong, but nowhere did I see that Ven was a "clone" or that Vanitas was an Unversed (except perhaps his Secret Boss battle, in which case it may or may not be canon, anyway).

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder if when Ven wakes up, he'll be shocked to see Sora (who looks like Vanitas) or do you think he'll already know...

Z

Zulkir

So far, he never saw Sora in a physical sense.

There was one point where his heart was near Sora in Sora's heart, if you look at the final(not secret) ending.

Whether he was able to actually see sora at that point, or just felt him, I cannot say.

I'm interested in a surprised reaction from Ven when he sees Sora, I actually hope he attacks him thinking he's Vanitas at first.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm interested in a surprised reaction from Ven when he sees Sora, I actually hope he attacks him thinking he's Vanitas at first.

Thats what I was thinking (wanting actually). But then I thought, well, maybe since his hearts was in Sora the whole time, he knew everything that was going on on the outside or sorta knew what he looked like. Meh, who knows.

Dues anyone know where it states that MX made Ventus from Sora? I'm looking really hard for that translation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back