• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix happy with Nintendo, worried about Sony (FULL Version)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorikux

Go Nintendo - What are you waiting for?

And original link:

Gamasutra - Square Enix Seeks Partners in U.S., Europe

September 24, 2007

Square Enix Seeks Partners in U.S., Europe

Square Enix Seeks Partners in U.S., Europe According to a new interview, Square Enix is in search of a partner in the US and Europe to help expand its presence in the West. Faced with minimal reception in these markets, the company aims to increase sales outside Asia to 50 percent of its overall revenues within three years.

"We need to seek co-operation with a US publisher - we need local content," Square Enix senior VP Michihiro Sasaki told the Financial Times at Tokyo Game Show, stressing the company's focus on increasing its share of the US games market to counter lackluster demand in Japan.

Although Square Enix's TGS presentation consisted of Parasite Eve 3, Tobal M, and Kingdom Hearts Coded, Sasaki expressed awareness that the company's heavy focus on these fantasy titles and RPGs pose a challenge in appealing to the US market. According to the Financial Times, only 10 to 20 percent of the company's revenues came from overseas markets in the recent fiscal year. "Within two to three years, we want to make it half," he added.

Given the high operating margins for online games -- up to 40 percent as compared with the 20 to 30 percent in traditional retail titles -- Sasaki added that Square Enix is looking to expand its presence in that arena as well.

The advancement of casual gaming, bolstered by Nintendo's efforts in that arena, contributes significantly to expansion of the game industry, Sasaki said, adding that Square Enix is a "little worried" about the struggling PlayStation 3. The company has recently cautioned Sony on its marketing approach.

------

I wonder if this could affect where KH3 goes? Thoughts? After this I wouldn't be surprised if KH3 is not on PS3 and instead Wii.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Somehow, I knew it was you that posted this...yeah, maybe, maybe not. The PS3 might be doing better by the time development for KH3 begins...

Sorikux

Sure, but not certainly as much as the Wii and it's starting soon if not later. Things are bumpy for Sony and they'll stay that way if Sony does nothing and they'll still enforce Blu-Ray and SE doesn't want that.. But who knows? I'm hoping KH3 Wii.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
What're you talking about?! They''re still working on Coded, BBS, and 358/2 Days.
I'm hoping KH3 Wii.
Enough with the Wii! We know you want it on the Wii, everyone knows! ( Yes the Wii is a good system btw)

khloser4life

i hope kh3 goes to ps3 because its graphics greatly surpass those of the wii and it would give off that classic kh felel that i love, but playing on the wii could also be fun (just wierd and unlike kh)

Sorikux

Somehow, I knew it was you that posted this...yeah, maybe, maybe not. The PS3 might be doing better by the time development for KH3 begins...

Well, TMM says they could've figured out the system already (I'm kinda doubting this) and the way their statements are it could be Wii...

Sorikux

i hope kh3 goes to ps3 because its graphics greatly surpass those of the wii, but playing on the wii could also be fun (just wierd and unlike kh)

I don't think Disney should be in HD...

But it'd still be KH with Wii controls. Nothing changes except the controls.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Well, TMM says they could've figured out the system already (I'm kinda doubting this) and the way their statements are it could be Wii...

OMG! Enough with the Wii please?! Btw who's TMM? Forgot. But I know for a fact it won't be on the 360. And no double posting!

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
It was inevitable...
The Wii has sold nearly three times as many consoles than the PS3 has...
Also, it is a little less than 500 thousand consoles away from passing the 360 up...
Sony has dug themselfs into a ditch with the PS3... Unless they can quickly correct their mistakes, Square Enix may begin to focus their games more toward the Wii than the PS3...

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

Yeah, of course it will. By that time, there will actually be games for PS3 besides Resistance: Fall of Man and.... I can't think of any else. Can anyone else?

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
I really hope Sony straightens up in time for KH3. I think KH3 would be the best on the PS3 considering the graphics and the high quality...let's hope.
If Sony doesn't get it together KH3 will muti.. For the 360 and PS3 or it will just for the Wii.

Also this kind oldl now.. Square hasn't been happy with Sony for while, they said something about ''Sony get you're asses together.'' Not in these words but they said they wasn't happy.

So the more games that go the PS3 will go the 360.. Being muti means more money..

Unless Square is stupid.

Sorikux

If Sony doesn't get it together KH3 will muti.. For the 360 and PS3 or it will just for the Wii.

Also this kind oldl now.. Square hasn't been happy with Sony for while, they said something about ''Sony get you're asses together.'' Not in these words but they said they wasn't happy.

So the more games that go the PS3 will go the 360.. Being muti means more money..

Unless Square is stupid.

Multi? Lol, no. It's gonna be exclusive. TRUST ME. And currently all signs point to Wii.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
He's right...
We do not know for sure which console/s KH3 will come out for...
If Sony's downspiral continues, it will go multi with the Wii or for the Wii alone...
I simply doubt, though, KH3 will go to the 360...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back