• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SSBM: How's you guys get good?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartless1990

All right, I know I'm good enough not to be called a Newbie but I can slaughter my friend with three stocks left (I'm not that good...but he used to massacre me). I practiced VS. mode on team battle using my character alone on red team and fought against the blue team which included three characters with level 9s. I got better and beat them plenty of time but still not good enough to be Pro yet.

How'd you guys get so good? Any tips you guys can give me?

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
Just keep training. And try to find your best character. I am best as Marth, then Pikachu, then Link. "Practice makes perfect".

Keeavin

Heartless1990 said:
All right, I know I'm good enough not to be called a Newbie but I can slaughter my friend with three stocks left (I'm not that good...but he used to massacre me). I practiced VS. mode on team battle using my character alone on red team and fought against the blue team which included three characters with level 9s. I got better and beat them plenty of time but still not good enough to be Pro yet.

It took me a while, but I am an absolute pro at SSBM now. I have never been proven bested by anybody I've played. You have to learn to put every move of your character to use. For instance, you'll have to get used to blocking and rolling. ALOT. Rolling should be used whenever you're going to be hit. When you master that you will be close to unbeatable. Another thing: When you're falling after being hit (as in, when you're twirling in the air after taking damage), if you don't do your double jump in the air, then right before you hit the ground press R very quickly. It's hard to time right, but if you do it then you get up in a split second without laying on the ground. If you do the same thing while holding the anaolog to one side, you'll roll that way. It can actually be pretty useful, but it's hard to time. Practice in slow motion in training.

Heartless1990

My best is Roy. A lot of people say he's the character for n00bies. But I still like him but even though I'm good with him, my favorite character is Link and I don't play so bad with Mario/Dr. Mario.

Heartless1990

Anyone good with Yoshi? I practiced using him and Jigglypuff just like how hard I practiced with Link and I could never get ANY better with them.

I'm pretty good with Roy and I enjoy learning to time the meteor smashes ^-^. Link was harder but I didn't master them. So far...every meteor smash or powerful technique (even spikes) are flukes...sigh...

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh yeah. I don't want to sound like I'm boasting, but I've beaten the whole game. I haven't gotten every single trophy, but I've beaten the events, the 15-minute melee, and I've even gotten 4 KO's in the cruel melee(which is unbelievelably F***ing hard).

So since I'm incredibly generous, I'll help in anyway I can.

klclodi13

Website
ninjanightmare.deviantart.com
Heh, My best character is Link (i can beat lvl 9 Zelda/Shiek) and what i did to get really good is that i picked a certain character to fight against and started at lvl one, when i won, i would go to the next lvl and so on, in about two days, i was owning lvl 9s. You should try doing what i did, i garantee great results

Heartless1990

I can't beat the more extreme event matches because they're MUCH more difficult than those of the three level 9s...sigh...

But my friend's neighbor...ai...he slaughtered me, my friend and his other friend in 2 minutes...He was in some sort of tournament...

I'm not learning so I can boast.

I'm wanting to learn so I can be better...

Someone give me any more tips? (Thanks so far)

trogue

umm, you know that the strongest characters at Level9 would have to be MR. Game and Watch and Mario.
And about the training, you say you can beat three Level 9 people? Good. First off, try putting your stock up at least up to 80 and try not getting hit (dont start straight away, study you enemies movement) If you can do this, do it once again with Every character. A good stage for this practice would have to be Hyrule and Final Destination.

Try your best...^ ^

P

PIG.

Hmm... Set the clock for 25min, team battle, and pit yourself against your 3 other best characters (Im my case- my best is Link, so you I fought another Link, Roy and the Ice climbers ya dig) on 9 and see who comes out on top. Or just do mission 51.

Heartless1990

I liked to do this:

Choose Link or Young Link.

Up against Roy, Marth, and the other Link at level 9(I like swords).

Took me a lot of practice to beat them but I finally did. One team I found hard to beat was Roy, Ice Climbers and Link. They always do this annoying strategy. Roy stays high up. Ice Climbers try to attack me so I run the opposite direction. Then they cast a projecticle so I jump. Roy uses his charge up attack and if I don't time right, his attack damages me severly and Link will just jump and use his up+A move and blast me away. I got used to it and I'm surprised the computer would have such a strategy...I learned how to do a triple KO with Link without fail...Only if they do what I expected them to do...

Zophar

Heartless1990 said:

I don't have life and I spent alot of hours playing the game. The more you play, the better you get at the game.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Here's a tip: There's more to Smash Bros. than just people with swords. Sure, they have long reach, but if you learn to dodge properly (dodge rolling, side-step dodge, know what you can shield against and what not), you can oust any foe.

Another tip to help you get good: Dodge-roll, dodge-roll, dodg-roll. It's your best friend. What I try to do is dodge-roll behind and use grabs and throws. Try to give as much damage (without taking more than what you give) as much as possible. Learn to dodge well. Timing's good, too. That's really all I can say.

And Luigi IS the man. He's an awesome aerial fighter. His jumps get lots of hang-time, but when you're trying to get an item that's a level aboe you it can be a pain. His fireballs aren't affected by gravity, his Green Missile can throw people off from guarding it if you get a misfire, but it can also be your worst enemy. So it's a good idea to use it sparingly. It's an awesome recovery move as well. His up+B can only do 1 damage, but if you're "inside" the enemy, it turns into a fire punch (and makes a pleasing 'clang!' sound as well) for very decent damage. His down+B can move a vast distance, so it makes a good "dash" attack.

I'm telling you, this guy rocks.

Heartless1990

Master T said:
Here's a tip: There's more to Smash Bros. than just people with swords. Sure, they have long reach, but if you learn to dodge properly (dodge rolling, side-step dodge, know what you can shield against and what not), you can oust any foe.

Another tip to help you get good: Dodge-roll, dodge-roll, dodg-roll. It's your best friend. What I try to do is dodge-roll behind and use grabs and throws. Try to give as much damage (without taking more than what you give) as much as possible. Learn to dodge well. Timing's good, too. That's really all I can say.

And Luigi IS the man. He's an awesome aerial fighter. His jumps get lots of hang-time, but when you're trying to get an item that's a level aboe you it can be a pain. His fireballs aren't affected by gravity, his Green Missile can throw people off from guarding it if you get a misfire, but it can also be your worst enemy. So it's a good idea to use it sparingly. It's an awesome recovery move as well. His up+B can only do 1 damage, but if you're "inside" the enemy, it turns into a fire punch (and makes a pleasing 'clang!' sound as well) for very decent damage. His down+B can move a vast distance, so it makes a good "dash" attack.

I'm telling you, this guy rocks.

Thank you so much...but I like swords...not just in the game but I really have an interest in swords.

Anyways, I know how to dodge roll but seeing I haven't 'perfected' it, I still need to learn. Thanks.

Darkness Reigns

practice makes perfect. i'm best with roy, then zelda not sheik, then yoshi, then bowser and link. i totally mastered roy. i don;t just use 1 attack and i don;t use c stick which is cheap in a way.

M

Mr.Bored

lets see, my training:

Cruel Melee
1(me) vs. 3 level 9 computer controled characters
classic and Adventure mode on normal- very hard
endless melee

I rule with mario, fox and Mr. Game nad Watch!

Heartless1990

Mr.Bored said:
lets see, my training:

Cruel Melee
1(me) vs. 3 level 9 computer controled characters
classic and Adventure mode on normal- very hard
endless melee

I rule with mario, fox and Mr. Game nad Watch!

I tried...#2...only...

number one is too hard...they feel like they're level 12 or something. My friend can beat them...but I can beat him...(rock paper scissors -_-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back