• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stephen King On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the best books (Books in general and about writing) That I have ever read. You have to read it.

The first half if about his life growing up. It's not in the least boring, and it helps you to understand what he writes.

The On Writing part is very useful. You don't even have to agree with everything he says. But a lot of it is amazingly good tips.

I read the book, and found myself a copy the next day. It was just a wonderful book, something I'll probably read again. And one of my favorite things from it, that you have to read the book to understand,

"Rocks explode, Jane transmits, mountains float, and plums deify."

DanceWaterDance

Ha-loo-sa-gen-a-shun
With Hannibal Lector, of course. The Good Doctor a
Website
www.myspace.com
Ack! You know that I adore this book (Since I'm a writer, it kinda helps). And I think that my favorite line was about pricking your finger and... yeah... you know the rest...

I like it because it not only gives good tips, but it makes you like Stephen King a lot better. It even gives a very good explaination of why he uses profanity in his books!

That also, was very good. He explains a lot.

As I am a writer also, it helped me a lot. Maybe one day I'll finish those nice pretty 5 or so books I have waiting, that I can't seem to have the attention span for!!!

And the pricking of the finger... *bursts into laughter*

You read it? Awesome!!! I still would think more than this many people would have read it, or at least be interested. Not enough people read books these days.

Yeppres. And he even gives you his e-mail so taht you can send it to him when you write it. I may do it... It sounded very cool. I'll just have to get in the mood to write something. YOu know I think I left that book at your hosue again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back