• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Stigmas of America.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

?ŕ??мļēśş

Provide a stigma of America and ask yourself or others why, answer someone else's or provide both. Don't answer generic answers like "its disgusting" "only cuz u liek it"or "wat".
I'll start.

Incest: Why is it unaceptable. Research has show that after the third generation the offspring tend to be stronger and better. Even less with the cousins of the generation...

Sex: Why do so many people think its disgusting (besides Christianity)?

Violence: Why is it so accepted here, and even encouraged? (Ex: I hit my friends all the time, and they do the same to me. Instead of hurting our relationship, it tends to strenghthen it.)

Diets: Why do so many still believe the hypes about false diets?

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Incest: Technically, all we do is incest. We all came from Adam and Eve. Biblically or Scientifically, only the offspring of Adam stands here on this earth.
And everything that is not exepted in today's world can be traced back to religious beliefs. Some of them, like incest, were standard to our lives so that they became normal to us. There's nothing wrong with it per se.

Sex: Actually, that is slowly fading away into the background. The former generations were raised in a world of strict religion. One where sex before marriage was a big no no. The only country where they still scream blood and murder when its about sex is America.

Violence: The reason why America is pro violence is due to their fear. They need things to fear. When they arrived on the shores of America, they captured or killed everything that remotely feared them. They put up walls to protect themselves and when something new came, they stacked those walls up even higher. Inside those walls they kept peace by using their rifles. And slowly that turned into a world where the Americans rose high and supressed all that was "beneath" them. Then those that were beneath them stood up and fought for their rights. Which led to even more violence. And the last generations to be born were all exposed to that violence, thinking it was normal. Now we live in a world where we see violence when we eat our vegetables. We learn about violence in school. We see violence in front of the TV, in our comic books, movies, in the news ... everywhere. Violence is accepted because it too is normal.

Diets: Thats all in the mind. Some can't resist alcohol and they will drink anything with alcohol in it just to get their fix. Some will try anything to lose weight.

Question: Why do the Americans think they can rule the world under their rules and supervision? Whilst they are a country that needs a lot more to learn than most of the other countries.

?ŕ??мļēśş

Incest: Technically, all we do is incest. We all came from Adam and Eve. Biblically or Scientifically, only the offspring of Adam stands here on this earth.
And everything that is not exepted in today's world can be traced back to religious beliefs. Some of them, like incest, were standard to our lives so that they became normal to us. There's nothing wrong with it per se.

Sex: Actually, that is slowly fading away into the background. The former generations were raised in a world of strict religion. One where sex before marriage was a big no no. The only country where they still scream blood and murder when its about sex is America.

Violence: The reason why America is pro violence is due to their fear. They need things to fear. When they arrived on the shores of America, they captured or killed everything that remotely feared them. They put up walls to protect themselves and when something new came, they stacked those walls up even higher. Inside those walls they kept peace by using their rifles. And slowly that turned into a world where the Americans rose high and supressed all that was "beneath" them. Then those that were beneath them stood up and fought for their rights. Which led to even more violence. And the last generations to be born were all exposed to that violence, thinking it was normal. Now we live in a world where we see violence when we eat our vegetables. We learn about violence in school. We see violence in front of the TV, in our comic books, movies, in the news ... everywhere. Violence is accepted because it too is normal.

Diets: Thats all in the mind. Some can't resist alcohol and they will drink anything with alcohol in it just to get their fix. Some will try anything to lose weight.

Question: Why do the Americans think they can rule the world under their rules and supervision? Whilst they are a country that needs a lot more to learn than most of the other countries.

Incest: Oh are you religious? Couldn't we all have come from a tribe instead of say, two people?

Sex: Ah thanks.

Violence: Explained a lot, but why would my bonds with my friends strenghthen when they hurt me?

Diets: Ah yes people are stupid...

Not sure if yours was a statement, but historically, we have:
Destroyed a nation (Germany, Japan)
Fix'd it and made it better while spreading our culture.
We are a great war power, and we prevent a lot of the strifes, althought we also annoy a lot of nations, like Windows Vista.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Ðŕèâмļēśş;2213513 said:
Incest: Oh are you religious? Couldn't we all have come from a tribe instead of say, two people?

Sex: Ah thanks.

Violence: Explained a lot, but why would my bonds with my friends strenghthen when they hurt me?

Diets: Ah yes people are stupid...

Not sure if yours was a statement, but historically, we have:
Destroyed a nation (Germany, Japan)
Fix'd it and made it better while spreading our culture.
We are a great war power, and we prevent a lot of the strifes, althought we also annoy a lot of nations, like Windows Vista.

Incest: No, I'm not religious. But Science has proven that the first of modern man was "Adam", a Sapien with a gen making him to what we are today. He passed along that gen to "Eve" and so our kind of humans was started. It was on Natgeo ...

Sex: Your welcome

Violence: You know that they do that out of friendship, so the harder they smack ya around, the closer you guys get. Ofcourse when your friend is beating the crap out of you, something is terribly wrong. And you should run, if you still are able to.

Diets: Welcome to the real world. ^.^

There was nothing wrong with german culture ((Nazi culture on the other hand ... That did needed to be subdued as fast as possible.)) and definatly not with the Japanese culture ((besides the fact they sided with the wrong party.)) Americans are afraid of everything that's slightly different to them. And their government will not stop untill the rest of the world is just another clone of them.
And the only reason they think they can is because they are nothing more than a five year old kid with a handgun on a playground of twelve year olds with slingshots.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata

I'm sorry but that's very far off from the truth. In many Muslim-dominated areas, women still get stoned for adultery and premarital sex.

and definatly not with the Japanese culture
Nothing wrong with invading China and raping thousands of women? Killing innocent people? Completely destroying villages?

America has its faults, yes, but it's not some huge, nuclear-armed bully that's destroying other countries on a whim. America is not the only country that wishes to spread its culture or economic and political system. We're simply powerful enough to do so. Do you honestly think that other countries, if given the opportunity, would not do the same?

Hey about we all hate on America 'cause it's cool? ;D

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
I'm sorry but that's very far off from the truth. In many Muslim-dominated areas, women still get stoned for adultery and premarital sex.

Nothing wrong with invading China and raping thousands of women? Killing innocent people? Completely destroying villages?

America has its faults, yes, but it's not some huge, nuclear-armed bully that's destroying other countries on a whim. America is not the only country that wishes to spread its culture or economic and political system. We're simply powerful enough to do so. Do you honestly think that other countries, if given the opportunity, would not do the same?

Hey about we all hate on America 'cause it's cool? ;D

That is mainly due to because of the religious people. In my opinion, their religion is equally as faulty as Christianity. Those who distance themselves slowly become more like ... me XD

Every country has a bloody background. There's no looking past that. My country, Belguim, America, France, Papua New Guinea, everyone has a bloody background. That is not a good thing, but its something every country needs to have to be with the "cool" countries.

Actually the current government of America is a huge, nuclear armed bully that wants to destroy other countries. Though not on a whim. They just aim for countries they have a grudge against because their dear old papa waged war with em, or with countries that may form a threat for their bully status. ((iran nuclear testing))

I don't hate America. I love Hollywood, I love their comics, I love their food, I love their hot babes ... I just hate the governments that have brought down that country so far.

?ŕ??мļēśş

There was nothing wrong with german culture ((Nazi culture on the other hand ... That did needed to be subdued as fast as possible.)) and definatly not with the Japanese culture ((besides the fact they sided with the wrong party.)) Americans are afraid of everything that's slightly different to them. And their government will not stop untill the rest of the world is just another clone of them.
And the only reason they think they can is because they are nothing more than a five year old kid with a handgun on a playground of twelve year olds with slingshots.
You sure a unified nation wouldn't have been better for Europe?

Hence stigmas of AMERICA...

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com

hold on now... Are you suggesting that Japanese culture during the 1930s and 40s had nothing wrong with it?

you my friend, need to brush up on your history. siding with germany was pretty much nothing. anything japanese from that time period is so horrifyingly contorted and twisted. the previous culture of japan was destroyed, and a pseudo culture was reinvented. things like bushido were rewritten to the point that they were in direct conflict with the original. Japanese culture of the time was just as horrendous as the Nazis, or even Stalin's totalitarianism. I can't even get into it, or this post will be 10 feet long.

secondly, i think thats ironic that you say that America wants the world to be a clone of the, and that they are afraid of other cultures. It is very much the EXACT OPPOSITE. i'm guess you don't live here, or if you do, you live where people are crazy. 24/7, the whole "accept other cultures and people" and such is what they broadcast into our brains. there is really know escaping it. No one is really that afraid of other cultures either.

Your statements are a little strong. I will not deny that America has done some underhanded things (think about this, your country isn't guilt free either), but America as a whole is "good people". most people here don't want war, we don't want to go bothering other people's countries, we just want to live our lives. Nothing is more irratating to me than some crazy person trying to tell me that my country is the most evil thing on earth, or statments such as yours that we are trying to snuff out everyone different from us.

If anything, all of peoples constant "America is evil/stupid/overated" remarks that people keep shelling us with, are the ones that cause people here to overcompensate with the "america is awesome" ridiculousness.

ANYWAY..... BACK ON TOPIC, ( not longer in reply to the other guy)

Incest- the big problem here is that Incest=birthdeffects of doom. trust me, you don't want your son born with defective equipment. that and religion, but genetics is probably the biggest reason its a bad idea. I'm sure there are more, but personally i don't care, its not my problem what other people do with themselves, at least as far as incest goes. its not gonna hurt me.

Sex- Sex is a problem because "PEOPLE ARE STUPID!". thats right, just in case peopel were not informed, people are dumb, and they have babies that don't want, with kids they abort of keep, either of which destroys them in some way. so yeah, Sex is a real problem in my opinion, but as is said, less people give a crap anymore. If anything, the bigger debate is how sex should be introduced to young minds (which are actually still to stupid to have enough common sense to use contraceptives) so its worthless anyway.

Violence- Its not so much accepted, as it is widespread. no one wants real violence, but again, people are stupid. they think violence is the answer. when it comes to TV, and entertainment, its more for the drama of violence. few people would like to think that the suffering they see on tv is real. they just want to enjoy the explosions. I'm thinking this is just a natural part of being human, or a living thing with higher thought for that matter. surely, a nonviolent world would probably bore us all to death, which is sad, but true.

Diets- because people are to stupid to eat right. true, i know i just angered people who are supposedly fat for genetic reasons or suchwhat, but honestly, some people just don't know when to lay off the McDonalds. People started realizing this, and so they went on a diet. Then the wonderful system that Capitalism is, provided us with entreprneurs who sell diets for money. it all works out in the end.

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
Actually the current government of America is a huge, nuclear armed bully that wants to destroy other countries. Though not on a whim. They just aim for countries they have a grudge against because their dear old papa waged war with em, or with countries that may form a threat for their bully status. ((iran nuclear testing))

oh yes, because bush's finger is hovering over the button. I mean, i'm no fan of the current government either, but i think thats alittle far fetched. it has nothing to do with his dad that America is in iraq.

and you complain like America threatening another country that could be another bully is a bad thing....

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Ðŕèâмļēśş;2215273 said:
You sure a unified nation wouldn't have been better for Europe?

Putting the power of a nation so big as America and Europe in the hands of a single man and a single government is the biggest mistake one could make. Europe can atleast keep their own on a short leash due to the many others that are equal in power.

@ CAB:

I was talking about the American governments and those that are stupid enough to agree with them. And when I talk about Americans, I am talking about those that are stereotypical. I live in Flanders but I never claim to be Flemish because I don't agree with the Flemish way of thinking.
The only good thing the governments do is when they are fishing for votes by furfilling the promises they made.

The fact that America wants to be the only bully is a bad thing. Because is everyone listens to the bully in charge, the bully can do whatever the hell he wants.

Incest: That's true. Over the long run, inbreeding can cause mutations.

Sex: Another one that knows the truth! People ARE stupid.

Violence:
Saw: AAAARRRGGG
Saw II: Ieuw, *giggle*
Hostel: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SPLAT!

Violence is funny these days. That is one of the reasons why everyone generally accepts it.

Diets: I'm fat. But that's just cuz I'm lazy. I eat better than most of the kids at school but I just cba to lift even a finger.
ANYHOO, Mcdonalds isn't the only reason why everyone is so fat. It is because of the quickness Fastfood is being prepared. In five minutes you can have a burger, fries, a coke and chicken wings whilst sitting at your table listening to some tunes. And it cost's practically nothing.

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
Putting the power of a nation so big as America and Europe in the hands of a single man and a single government is the biggest mistake one could make. Europe can atleast keep their own on a short leash due to the many others that are equal in power.

until europe figures out they can work together to gang up on the world.

@ CAB:

I was talking about the American governments and those that are stupid enough to agree with them. And when I talk about Americans, I am talking about those that are stereotypical. I live in Flanders but I never claim to be Flemish because I don't agree with the Flemish way of thinking.
The only good thing the governments do is when they are fishing for votes by furfilling the promises they made.

just cause bush sucks doesn't mean the rest of the government does. hopefully different, better people will be in power next november. Also, there are few such "stereotypical" americans. In this country, everyone is self consious about that kind of stuff, except for the idiots. thats ok, because the rest of us will pummel them to death, so ignore them.

governments, you know, also kinda keep you safe from crazy people by making laws and things. or atleast they should. governments have lots of purposes and reasons for existence that are good. governmnets produce order so that quality of life can be maintained. and unfortuneately, its rare to find a government that works well in all categories.

The fact that America wants to be the only bully is a bad thing. Because is everyone listens to the bully in charge, the bully can do whatever the hell he wants.

no, I never said it wants to be a bully. thats not really the general idea. besides, you act like europe or china couldn't keep us in check. there would be no world war with us. we'd probably kill off the hole government before anyone else launched a missile. Americans don't really tolerate our military going around to ridiculous places. its not so easy to pull out of alot of places now, which is really angering people. I don't think we will be bothering Iran or any of them after this Iraq nonsense. public opinion would crush any such move.

in reality, Iran and its nuclear weapons are the big problem we have, and you should have this problem to. I find it hard to believe that you are scolding america for not letting some crazed dictatorship to have nuclear weapons. Why would you want anyone else to be able to blow up a city in seconds? there is not justification for allowing them to continue their project.

Violence:
Saw: AAAARRRGGG
Saw II: Ieuw, *giggle*
Hostel: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SPLAT!

Violence is funny these days. That is one of the reasons why everyone generally accepts it.

yeah, i suppose to a point. I can't say i complain when i stick a brute with a plasma grenade in halo, but at the same time, things like Saw and Hostel, atleast in my opinion, are grossly over the top. I don't know how people watch that. I personally have only seen bits and pieces of it. Such gore is to much.

well, thats why i want to be psychologist. maybe there is a reason.

Diets: I'm fat. But that's just cuz I'm lazy. I eat better than most of the kids at school but I just cba to lift even a finger.
ANYHOO, Mcdonalds isn't the only reason why everyone is so fat. It is because of the quickness Fastfood is being prepared. In five minutes you can have a burger, fries, a coke and chicken wings whilst sitting at your table listening to some tunes. And it cost's practically nothing.

yeah, i don't get out enough during the winter, so its a real pain when summer comes, lol.

but yeah, seriously, All ur base are belonging to the golden arches. and walmart.

THis is how america will really take over the world, with cheap food and departments stores. there is no escape.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
until europe figures out they can work together to gang up on the world.

The idiots we oftenly talk about in here. They run Europe. So don't worry about that.

just cause bush sucks doesn't mean the rest of the government does. hopefully different, better people will be in power next november. Also, there are few such "stereotypical" americans. In this country, everyone is self consious about that kind of stuff, except for the idiots. thats ok, because the rest of us will pummel them to death, so ignore them.

My opinion is that each government of America, past and future, has to much power.Power corrupts and there we are again. Fracked like bunnies on that little blue love pill.
Don't flame me if I'm wrong here. In recent TV programs about America, it is proven that the only thing they know stuff about is their own country. And so too thinks the government. If it is not beneficial to them or about America, they will ignore it and shuvel it into the Manure pile.

governments, you know, also kinda keep you safe from crazy people by making laws and things. or atleast they should. governments have lots of purposes and reasons for existence that are good. governmnets produce order so that quality of life can be maintained. and unfortuneately, its rare to find a government that works well in all categories.

Also proven: If the laws they made don't agree with them, they change the laws. Each law has fifteen backdoors and every backdoor has a loophole.
There is one government that works well. The one at KHinsider ...

no, I never said it wants to be a bully. thats not really the general idea. besides, you act like europe or china couldn't keep us in check. there would be no world war with us. we'd probably kill off the hole government before anyone else launched a missile. Americans don't really tolerate our military going around to ridiculous places. its not so easy to pull out of alot of places now, which is really angering people. I don't think we will be bothering Iran or any of them after this Iraq nonsense. public opinion would crush any such move.

Last elections the public wanted someone else on the presidential throne. But surprise, surprise. Miraculously the man everyone hates is re-elected. The public is not in power. They think they are, but they are fed a theatre act that makes them think they really matter.

in reality, Iran and its nuclear weapons are the big problem we have, and you should have this problem to. I find it hard to believe that you are scolding america for not letting some crazed dictatorship to have nuclear weapons. Why would you want anyone else to be able to blow up a city in seconds? there is not justification for allowing them to continue their project.
Every country with enough cash has atleast one nuke. Even a few rich peole have em in their backyard. You know, those non exisiting missing nukes. If Iran wants to test some of them in a safe environment, let em. That's one less nuke to worry about.

yeah, i suppose to a point. I can't say i complain when i stick a brute with a plasma grenade in halo, but at the same time, things like Saw and Hostel, atleast in my opinion, are grossly over the top. I don't know how people watch that. I personally have only seen bits and pieces of it. Such gore is to much.

well, thats why i want to be psychologist. maybe there is a reason.
Gotta love violent games. Remember Manhunt? Ah, the memories...
Saw is good because you see these people do idiotic things. Like in Saw 2 the guy crawls into an oven without having a plan or without even having checked that thing out. I mean, the window behind that oven would have been my primary way of entrance ...

yeah, i don't get out enough during the winter, so its a real pain when summer comes, lol.

but yeah, seriously, All ur base are belonging to the golden arches. and walmart.

THis is how america will really take over the world, with cheap food and departments stores. there is no escape.
Gotta love summer. Walking from tavern to tavern ... From cafe to cafe ... from chair to chair. Catching some rays of sunshine.
You just reminded me of a South Park episode. The one with the Malmart opening. Nowadays the only thing that matters is: How fast can you cook it and how cheap is it. This usually results in really unhealthy food being cheaper than dirt and faster to cook than boiling water.

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
My opinion is that each government of America, past and future, has to much power.Power corrupts and there we are again. Fracked like bunnies on that little blue love pill.
Don't flame me if I'm wrong here. In recent TV programs about America, it is proven that the only thing they know stuff about is their own country. And so too thinks the government. If it is not beneficial to them or about America, they will ignore it and shuvel it into the Manure pile.

i don't know, back in the day before WW1 (which is when the government started to get alot of power, and start passing outragous laws like the "Alien and Sedition" acts in the name of security), big business ran things.

as for the comment about our knowledge of other countries, i wouldn't say that. If you ask me what the capital of switzerland, to be honest, i would not know off the top of my head. meanwhile, we have people over there in england who complain that they know the adress of the white house, and they don't even live there, while i really don't know exactly what adress Tony Bliar resides in.

that said, I think its alot different here in the US. in europe, your countries are all tightly packed, and you all intereact with eachother on a daily basis. you have to deal with each and every country's problems that you commute through or whatever. its all relevant to you guys.

in North America, its the US, Canada, and Mexico. not that i'm saying people shouldn't learn about the rest of the world, but events that are in europe aren't necessarily important here. its not in our daily lives to be learning about each country, and each part of the world and its problems. So when people say, " you don't know (insert some question about the world) americans know nothing about the world" i'd like to say "well gee, why do i have to learn about each and every one the planet's countries so that i can answer question off the top of my head?". its useless information. In school, depending on what other language you learn, you learn about the cultures that speak it. I took 4 years of spanish, so i also learned about South America, Mexico, and Spain. I can tell you alot about that if you give me a minute to dust off my my spanish skills (thats the problem with Block scheduling in schools here. thats for another thread)

so no, i disagree. people here know alot about the world, its just that we don't necessarily know everything. I can tell you about the spanish speaking world, and i can tell you alittle about the countries that i have close friends in. Unfortuneately, while its not so much "throwing the stuff in the manure pile", the reality is that alot of stuff isn't important. no one cares about the government of switzerland, or the culture there. sure, we heere about elections and things, like the french elections a while ago, but alot of it is just not important here. you people get so angry that we don't know everything about your country and what goes on, but it has no effect here. Maybe in europe, where all the action is, and where you all need to commute and travel, it is important, and is significant.

Again, i ask you, what do you want me to do about it? Learn and keep up with all the happenings in europe and asia and every other spot on the world? i think thats getting to ridiculous.

another problem is that TV, the main way to communicate things these days, is full of crap. the media says anything that will make a dollar or get ratings. speaking of tv being full of crap, you also need to make sure your tv program you speak of is not just propping up the loud obnoxious idiots. I know tv shows love to do that.

I've seen clips of european shows, where they go to some random american city and post clips of people who don't know what the hell they are talking about. some of the things i've seen were just downright outragous, and certainly does not reflect what the average american knows.

So please, take these things with a grain of salt. there are plenty of knowledgable people here. just because your tv station did an "expose" on americans, don't assume its all truth either.

Also proven: If the laws they made don't agree with them, they change the laws. Each law has fifteen backdoors and every backdoor has a loophole.

this is only semi true. NJ, the state i live in, is horrible for that. however, there is growing anger among the citizens here, and soon there will be no backdoor or loophole after a point.

There is one government that works well. The one at KHinsider ...

don't be a kiss up :toungesmile:

Last elections the public wanted someone else on the presidential throne. But surprise, surprise. Miraculously the man everyone hates is re-elected. The public is not in power. They think they are, but they are fed a theatre act that makes them think they really matter.

no, its not theatre act. let me tell you why. no one liked bush. but no one trusted Kerry. he did not have any real plans or ideas or anything to back himself up with. TV shows here make a mockery of him all the time. The way people saw it, the last thing we need is crazy kerry to start screwing things up worse than they were. most figured that bush had a plan to get out of iraq and do something atleast, but no.

maybe things would have been better with kerry, but no one trusted him enough.

Every country with enough cash has atleast one nuke. Even a few rich peole have em in their backyard. You know, those non exisiting missing nukes. If Iran wants to test some of them in a safe environment, let em. That's one less nuke to worry about.

yeah, you miss the point. its not one less nuke to worry about. if the iranians figure out how to make the bombs, it can potentially be quite a few. there can be absolutely no tolerance of more nuclear programs. those who have them should not get rid of them, because if any one country has one, then we have a problem. the goal is to limit anymore weapons from being made.

Gotta love violent games. Remember Manhunt? Ah, the memories...
Saw is good because you see these people do idiotic things. Like in Saw 2 the guy crawls into an oven without having a plan or without even having checked that thing out. I mean, the window behind that oven would have been my primary way of entrance ...

yeah, he gets the darwin award. I think its the gore, and the over glorified killing that bugs me. I suppose its ok as long as people know the difference between reality, and stuff.

Gotta love summer. Walking from tavern to tavern ... From cafe to cafe ... from chair to chair. Catching some rays of sunshine.
You just reminded me of a South Park episode. The one with the Malmart opening. Nowadays the only thing that matters is: How fast can you cook it and how cheap is it. This usually results in really unhealthy food being cheaper than dirt and faster to cook than boiling water.

yeah, well actually, they are improoving fast foods. what happened is that New York City banned transfats in foods. as a result, McD's and others had to change the recipe to keep selling in NY (which has the greatest concentration of Mcdonalds in the country). at that point, they just changed the whole chain across the country. so progress is being made.

as for walmart, no clue what to do there.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
i don't know, back in the day before WW1 (which is when the government started to get alot of power, and start passing outragous laws like the "Alien and Sedition" acts in the name of security), big business ran things.

as for the comment about our knowledge of other countries, i wouldn't say that. If you ask me what the capital of switzerland, to be honest, i would not know off the top of my head. meanwhile, we have people over there in england who complain that they know the adress of the white house, and they don't even live there, while i really don't know exactly what adress Tony Bliar resides in.

that said, I think its alot different here in the US. in europe, your countries are all tightly packed, and you all intereact with eachother on a daily basis. you have to deal with each and every country's problems that you commute through or whatever. its all relevant to you guys.

in North America, its the US, Canada, and Mexico. not that i'm saying people shouldn't learn about the rest of the world, but events that are in europe aren't necessarily important here. its not in our daily lives to be learning about each country, and each part of the world and its problems. So when people say, " you don't know (insert some question about the world) americans know nothing about the world" i'd like to say "well gee, why do i have to learn about each and every one the planet's countries so that i can answer question off the top of my head?". its useless information. In school, depending on what other language you learn, you learn about the cultures that speak it. I took 4 years of spanish, so i also learned about South America, Mexico, and Spain. I can tell you alot about that if you give me a minute to dust off my my spanish skills (thats the problem with Block scheduling in schools here. thats for another thread)

so no, i disagree. people here know alot about the world, its just that we don't necessarily know everything. I can tell you about the spanish speaking world, and i can tell you alittle about the countries that i have close friends in. Unfortuneately, while its not so much "throwing the stuff in the manure pile", the reality is that alot of stuff isn't important. no one cares about the government of switzerland, or the culture there. sure, we heere about elections and things, like the french elections a while ago, but alot of it is just not important here. you people get so angry that we don't know everything about your country and what goes on, but it has no effect here. Maybe in europe, where all the action is, and where you all need to commute and travel, it is important, and is significant.

Again, i ask you, what do you want me to do about it? Learn and keep up with all the happenings in europe and asia and every other spot on the world? i think thats getting to ridiculous.

another problem is that TV, the main way to communicate things these days, is full of crap. the media says anything that will make a dollar or get ratings. speaking of tv being full of crap, you also need to make sure your tv program you speak of is not just propping up the loud obnoxious idiots. I know tv shows love to do that.

I've seen clips of european shows, where they go to some random american city and post clips of people who don't know what the hell they are talking about. some of the things i've seen were just downright outragous, and certainly does not reflect what the average american knows.

So please, take these things with a grain of salt. there are plenty of knowledgable people here. just because your tv station did an "expose" on americans, don't assume its all truth either.

Exactly, the corporations with the biggest bucks run the world. Not the governments. They just keep the people in line. You made a good point, but that which I bolded, I'll come back to that later.

this is only semi true. NJ, the state i live in, is horrible for that. however, there is growing anger among the citizens here, and soon there will be no backdoor or loophole after a point.

Perhaps none in the law, but certainly in the system. A judge can be bribed adn so can a jury. Fear works well too. But the people that can wave around big wads pf cash still don't have anything to worry about. Exept Paris Hilton ... which I totally agree with that she was locked up. Little miss Perfect behind bars .... HA

don't be a kiss up :toungesmile:

Try and stop me

no, its not theatre act. let me tell you why. no one liked bush. but no one trusted Kerry. he did not have any real plans or ideas or anything to back himself up with. TV shows here make a mockery of him all the time. The way people saw it, the last thing we need is crazy kerry to start screwing things up worse than they were. most figured that bush had a plan to get out of iraq and do something atleast, but no.

maybe things would have been better with kerry, but no one trusted him enough.

Here's where I come to the part where I tell you about the bolded line. Do you think even half of the stuff presented in the media about Kerry is true? The media works for the government. And the Government works for the media. Bush's administration was beneficial to the media's pockets and thus they helped keep him in the office. Just look at the exclusives the media was given during the current government.

yeah, you miss the point. its not one less nuke to worry about. if the iranians figure out how to make the bombs, it can potentially be quite a few. there can be absolutely no tolerance of more nuclear programs. those who have them should not get rid of them, because if any one country has one, then we have a problem. the goal is to limit anymore weapons from being made.

You do realise they can look up "how to make a bomb" on the internet. The making part is not too difficult. Its getting the supplies that's a byatch.

yeah, he gets the darwin award. I think its the gore, and the over glorified killing that bugs me. I suppose its ok as long as people know the difference between reality, and stuff.

And then there are the people that are trying to make us belief that violence due to fictional stories is an every day thing with millions of kids. That is what bugs me.

yeah, well actually, they are improoving fast foods. what happened is that New York City banned transfats in foods. as a result, McD's and others had to change the recipe to keep selling in NY (which has the greatest concentration of Mcdonalds in the country). at that point, they just changed the whole chain across the country. so progress is being made.

as for walmart, no clue what to do there.
Mac: Supersized me Must have worked wonders ...
Walmart: Me neither.

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
Exactly, the corporations with the biggest bucks run the world. Not the governments. They just keep the people in line. You made a good point, but that which I bolded, I'll come back to that later.

well, what can you do? its not entirely wise to shut down big business either. Big Business is still a source of money movement, and it benefits everyone. Lets take Walmart for example. Gettings things for way marked down prices and being able to find atleast 2 walmarts withing 10 minutes of your home, thats a great thing for people.

Its the people who will sell out to big business that are the trouble. In my region, there is a convenience store called WaWa. Lately they started building Super Wawas all over the place, which, are slightly larger shops, with massive gas pumps everywhere. One such place was a site on an abandoned Railroad yard. This is the site of the "Pemberton Railroad Museum". the mueseum is in the station there, and there are some cabooses, cars, and a locomotive there, but the majority of the facility is overgrown in weeds, and with the buildings there starting to crumbe. Originally, the township of Pemberton had given them grants for the land. However, when new officials were elected in, Wawa came and asked for the land to build a super Wawa, and they gave permission for it.

its now causing a giant legal battle over the land, because it was supposed to go to the museum, and now wawa wants to park itself in the dead center of the area, leaving only the current sliver of land for the museum, which would be a joke. its these kinds of people that need to be kicked out.

Perhaps none in the law, but certainly in the system. A judge can be bribed adn so can a jury. Fear works well too. But the people that can wave around big wads pf cash still don't have anything to worry about. Exept Paris Hilton ... which I totally agree with that she was locked up. Little miss Perfect behind bars .... HA

lol, not this time. already, people are getting punished for their abuses of our state's government. People do have some power here.

I was so pissed when i heard Paris hilton got out of jail and into house arrest. then they through her right back in :thumbsup: . people need to learn responsibility.

Try and stop me

Oh, i won't stop you, YOU will stop you. *evil laugh of doom*

Here's where I come to the part where I tell you about the bolded line. Do you think even half of the stuff presented in the media about Kerry is true? The media works for the government. And the Government works for the media. Bush's administration was beneficial to the media's pockets and thus they helped keep him in the office. Just look at the exclusives the media was given during the current government.

well here is the problem with that. one thing i will give to you is yes, the media will make things look like the only choice leads to the apocalypse. same thing with the campaign ads. its almost hilarious to watch them kill eachother.

on the other hand, one thing the media can't really change is the words that come out of someone's mouth on live TV, and then there are the people who were actually there at his speeches and things, and heard exactly what he said, and then came back and told the rest of us.

Like i said, few people take the media seriously on things like this. most people will do their own research.

You do realise they can look up "how to make a bomb" on the internet. The making part is not too difficult. Its getting the supplies that's a byatch.

oh yeah, because precise instructions on making a bomb are available to anyone. sure. its not so easy as just reading an internet page on it. you might find the basics about it, but thats not nearly enough to build the damned thing. Even so, why is this relevant?

it doesn't matter if they can find out how to do it on the internet (because i garuntee they will all die from using those for a guide), the important part is that no one else has a little red button on their desk that equals the destruction of millions of people in minutes. the people that do have them are bad enough, and of all countries, Iran seems like the one you'd least want to have throwing a nuclear weapon around.

And then there are the people that are trying to make us belief that violence due to fictional stories is an every day thing with millions of kids. That is what bugs me.

this bugs me to. I mean, i've played some of the controversial games like GTAIII. when one way of getting your health restored is to pick up a hooker and park in an alley way, you know there will be trouble with dumb kids. Then again, the game has an M rating. I hear in europe, that ratings are even more specific and strict than in america ( i was recently reading an article by Bungie, the makers of Halo 3, who have submitted the game to the place in germany where they decide ratings).

the point is, parents seem to be stupid these days. Its there responsibility to determine what their kids can watch, and how mature they will be about it. I was a pretty good kid. I did play Grand Theft Auto III (the only GTA game i have owned) when i was 12, yet its not like i have ever gone out and started hurting people, or trying to get hookers or anything. Infact, i got into even less trouble then i usually did.

However, alot of kids are dumbasses. The parents should catch this, and say, "maybe he shouldn't play a game about killing people aimlessly"

Its also sad, because everytime some dumbass kid does something stupid here, they automatically cite his video game collections. You know, because games like DOOM teaches you how to kill people, and encourages you to kill all your classmates. Games don't cause these problems. People do.

Mac: Supersized me Must have worked wonders ...
Walmart: Me neither.

Yeah, I think that documentary had alot to do with it, as did a whole myriad of other studies. This is a case of the government actually taking care of us. they aren't so bad.

as far as walmart, well, it delivers, so i guess there is no way to get rid of it.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
First i'd like to say: THANK YOU. The people in my school and in my surroundings usually steer away from discussions.

well, what can you do? its not entirely wise to shut down big business either. Big Business is still a source of money movement, and it benefits everyone. Lets take Walmart for example. Gettings things for way marked down prices and being able to find atleast 2 walmarts withing 10 minutes of your home, thats a great thing for people.

Its the people who will sell out to big business that are the trouble. In my region, there is a convenience store called WaWa. Lately they started building Super Wawas all over the place, which, are slightly larger shops, with massive gas pumps everywhere. One such place was a site on an abandoned Railroad yard. This is the site of the "Pemberton Railroad Museum". the mueseum is in the station there, and there are some cabooses, cars, and a locomotive there, but the majority of the facility is overgrown in weeds, and with the buildings there starting to crumbe. Originally, the township of Pemberton had given them grants for the land. However, when new officials were elected in, Wawa came and asked for the land to build a super Wawa, and they gave permission for it.

its now causing a giant legal battle over the land, because it was supposed to go to the museum, and now wawa wants to park itself in the dead center of the area, leaving only the current sliver of land for the museum, which would be a joke. its these kinds of people that need to be kicked out.

Yes, it is usefull to have walmarts in a time wher the prices are upped and not the paychecks. That is the main problem in this current world. The prices of everything go up, as they always have, but these days the paychecks don't go up with them. This causing more poverty throughout the cities. I'm lucky to live in a country with exellent social services, but i fear for those that live in America. Their life can be destroyed in under an hour.
You have walmart, and we have Aldi, Lidl, GB, Carrefour, Delhaize, Fresh mart and many others lik it that compete to be the cheapest and the best. The people that buy stocks from these things get money as if they pull it out of their ass.

Only a mass protest backed up by a petition and maybe some politicians will save that land. Business before survival. Money matters, nature has to step aside unless it is somehow capable of making big bucks. Sometimes literally making cash ...

lol, not this time. already, people are getting punished for their abuses of our state's government. People do have some power here.

I was so pissed when i heard Paris hilton got out of jail and into house arrest. then they through her right back in :thumbsup: . people need to learn responsibility.

If you ever dare move out of there, I will personally torture you in your basement by tickling you r feet weeks on end with a feather.

I wasn't pissed, I just laughed, and laughed, and laughed ... Then I giggles. Afterwards i laughed again. Great times. Laughed again when I realised she cried her ass off because she had to return to the hilton hotel of prison blocks ... ((get it, hilton hotel...?))

Oh, i won't stop you, YOU will stop you. *evil laugh of doom*

Okay, don't forget the pinky. Right, Doctor Evil?

well here is the problem with that. one thing i will give to you is yes, the media will make things look like the only choice leads to the apocalypse. same thing with the campaign ads. its almost hilarious to watch them kill eachother.

on the other hand, one thing the media can't really change is the words that come out of someone's mouth on live TV, and then there are the people who were actually there at his speeches and things, and heard exactly what he said, and then came back and told the rest of us.

Like i said, few people take the media seriously on things like this. most people will do their own research.

I like little boys.

You heard me, I LIKE LITTLE BOYS.

Now, what did I mean with that.
Spoken words can be twisted into a context or given a background that makes th meaning behind it no longer important.

oh yeah, because precise instructions on making a bomb are available to anyone. sure. its not so easy as just reading an internet page on it. you might find the basics about it, but thats not nearly enough to build the damned thing. Even so, why is this relevant?

it doesn't matter if they can find out how to do it on the internet (because i garuntee they will all die from using those for a guide), the important part is that no one else has a little red button on their desk that equals the destruction of millions of people in minutes. the people that do have them are bad enough, and of all countries, Iran seems like the one you'd least want to have throwing a nuclear weapon around.

Can you guarantee that America will not press their little red button. ((not counting the fact that Bush might be dumb enough to press it when searching for the light switch))
Who is America to tell someone not have nukes when they themselves have them.

this bugs me to. I mean, i've played some of the controversial games like GTAIII. when one way of getting your health restored is to pick up a hooker and park in an alley way, you know there will be trouble with dumb kids. Then again, the game has an M rating. I hear in europe, that ratings are even more specific and strict than in america ( i was recently reading an article by Bungie, the makers of Halo 3, who have submitted the game to the place in germany where they decide ratings).

the point is, parents seem to be stupid these days. Its there responsibility to determine what their kids can watch, and how mature they will be about it. I was a pretty good kid. I did play Grand Theft Auto III (the only GTA game i have owned) when i was 12, yet its not like i have ever gone out and started hurting people, or trying to get hookers or anything. Infact, i got into even less trouble then i usually did.

However, alot of kids are dumbasses. The parents should catch this, and say, "maybe he shouldn't play a game about killing people aimlessly"

Its also sad, because everytime some dumbass kid does something stupid here, they automatically cite his video game collections. You know, because games like DOOM teaches you how to kill people, and encourages you to kill all your classmates. Games don't cause these problems. People do.

And besides, what kids don't learn from games, they learn from books, TV, movies, the news, comic books, stories from dear old grandpa and experimentation to the unknown. Games alone are not the only problem.

True, parents are th main problem with kids these days. If kids commit violence due to games, it is because their parents allowed them to play those games. That is what those goody 2 shoes don't realise.

Games can be usefull! I've learnt so far not to run into a room filled with armed terrorists with only a near empty handgun.

Yeah, I think that documentary had alot to do with it, as did a whole myriad of other studies. This is a case of the government actually taking care of us. they aren't so bad.

as far as walmart, well, it delivers, so i guess there is no way to get rid of it.

The government only funded those studies because they wanted to know what the hell that crap was they ate at Mcdonalds. ((I'm more of a Quick fan. Fastfoodplace in Belguim and other countries))

Duality

To get back on topic (and away from 'America sucks' arguments)....

Incest: Aside from the obvious genetic problems, it destroys the family unit and its purpose. You are meant to have reliance on one another, sexual relations aside. It is supposed to be a group where you can trust everyone. A physical relation brings everything into question. It makes one not understand the difference between a father and a husband, or a mother and a wife.

Sex: It is not as cherished in this world anymore. Virginity is nothing now. Sex results in the creation of another human, and it is taken too lightly. Pleasure addicts. American society has become pleasure addicts. Advertisements, fast food, promiscuity, materialism, etc.

Violence: In the Western world, we have become very desensitized. We do not personally hunt for our food and slice the animal's throat. We do not fight wars man to man. Technology has brought this upon us. We fight far distances with guns, and without the close-combat as before. The media has amplified (but not caused) this desenstitization.

Diets: People believe these false diets because people are stupid. End of story. Eat right, exercise, and that's that. The rest is your body's metabolism, albeit, it can be unfair.

World Police: Why does America think it is the world police? Well, history answers this question.
After WWI and WWII, America clearly came into the limelight, moving its cousin, England, aside. It's economic power was far greater, and almost everyone was in debt to the superpower country. Moreover, America rescued Europe twice in both World Wars. It's only other contender was USSR. Hence, the Cold War ensued. America merely managed to outmuscle USSR's failing socialist system. By 1990, it was clear USSR would fall, and America reign supreme. As a result, we have our world police. The man with the biggest stick will always be policeman, whether liked or not. Of course, with China and India looming, America's superiority is slowly coming into question. A decisive answer can only be resolved by war.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
To get back on topic (and away from 'America sucks' arguments)....

America sucks = Best arguement evah.
Now that we got that out of the way. I like the fact that you give us your views about the original topic, but you made it sound as if we were doing something bad. We were the only people in this thread and so it is obvious that we go deeper into the subjects pointed out during our arguements. Or alteast that is how it is done in our Moral class. We go from deep freeze pizza's to war in a matter of minutes. That's what makes a good discussion. ANYHOO, to get back on topic ... Couldn't help it, sorry.

Incest: Aside from the obvious genetic problems, it destroys the family unit and its purpose. You are meant to have reliance on one another, sexual relations aside. It is supposed to be a group where you can trust everyone. A physical relation brings everything into question. It makes one not understand the difference between a father and a husband, or a mother and a wife.

What about cousins twice removed? The blood relation is practically nill and at many times they oftenly don't know each other all too well. Close relatives are a different matter, but when you really love one, you can not help it. As long as you don't have children. Why not? Though it creeps me out immensely.

Oh, and here's a pickle for ya. How do you tell the difference here:

Father and son get married to a Mother and Daughter. The son marries the mother and the father marries the daughter. And they get children.

Sex: It is not as cherished in this world anymore. Virginity is nothing now. Sex results in the creation of another human, and it is taken too lightly. Pleasure addicts. American society has become pleasure addicts. Advertisements, fast food, promiscuity, materialism, etc.

Sex does not always result in the creation of another human. Here in Belguim, all those who have sex carry with them: condoms and the women are on the pill.
And yes, Sex can get you to make tons of money. Laundrey softener commercial: Hot woman wrapped in a tiny towel.

Violence: In the Western world, we have become very desensitized. We do not personally hunt for our food and slice the animal's throat. We do not fight wars man to man. Technology has brought this upon us. We fight far distances with guns, and without the close-combat as before. The media has amplified (but not caused) this desenstitization.

The reason of this desensitation is because killing has become a matter of simply pulling the trigger. A small gesture of the finger causing such devastating effects. It is nothing. That is why violence has become nothing. And because the media keeps throwing countless of tales at our face about violence that we just don't care anymore. Like with our current problems with nature. We've been stomped with info about the downfall of nature that we just stopped caring.

Diets: People believe these false diets because people are stupid. End of story. Eat right, exercise, and that's that. The rest is your body's metabolism, albeit, it can be unfair.

Our numbers are increasing! Another one knows that people are stupid.

World Police: Why does America think it is the world police? Well, history answers this question.
After WWI and WWII, America clearly came into the limelight, moving its cousin, England, aside. It's economic power was far greater, and almost everyone was in debt to the superpower country. Moreover, America rescued Europe twice in both World Wars. It's only other contender was USSR. Hence, the Cold War ensued. America merely managed to outmuscle USSR's failing socialist system. By 1990, it was clear USSR would fall, and America reign supreme. As a result, we have our world police. The man with the biggest stick will always be policeman, whether liked or not. Of course, with China and India looming, America's superiority is slowly coming into question. A decisive answer can only be resolved by war.

America has been a real help, yeah. They were the reason why the concentrations camps were created. Their sterilising of the inferior race has spread to Hitlers nazi's, who expanded it into killing them all. When they found out about what they did, they sent in help, when it was practically way too late. And the only reason why they were such great help was because they were afraid! Afraid of someone that could outmatch them when it came to arms. So that is why they created an immense military power that would crush anyone.

Duality

Puddle Jumper said:
it is obvious that we go deeper into the subjects pointed out during our arguements. Or alteast that is how it is done in our Moral class... That's what makes a good discussion.
There is a difference between going deeper into an argument and going off topic. Essentially, you were talking about the political aspects of America (war, nukes, etc) and their flaws, the 'video games are bad' debate, corportization, and so forth. But nothing was tied back to the original topic... If discussing these things are interesting to you, it would probably be better to make seperate threads for them. Actually, maybe this entire thread is a bit too broad..Stigmas of America?
Puddle Jumper said:
Close relatives are a different matter, but when you really love one, you can not help it
The love should be familial and strictly so. Immediate family should be forbidden. Cousins as well. The exact line... Not too sure. But cousins twice-removed is fine.
Puddle Jumper said:
Father and son get married to a Mother and Daughter. The son marries the mother and the father marries the daughter. And they get children.
It's all disgusting. XD In any case, you're touching on polygamy as well. Their are countless social problems involved with that disgusting twist. The family unit is not meant for sex.
Puddle Jumper said:
Sex does not always result in the creation of another human
It's purpose is to create another human. Now we don't give a crap about that, and it's become about money? Pathetic. Like I said, pleasure addicts.
Puddle Jumper said:
Our numbers are increasing! Another one knows that people are stupid.
Anyone else who doesn't believe us is stupid. XD
America has been a real help, yeah. They were the reason why the concentrations camps were created.
Puddle Jumper said:
Their sterilising of the inferior race has spread to Hitlers nazi's, who expanded it into killing them all. When they found out about what they did, they sent in help, when it was practically way too late. And the only reason why they were such great help was because they were afraid! Afraid of someone that could outmatch them when it came to arms. So that is why they created an immense military power that would crush anyone.
wtf...America didn't make concentration camps, or help expand them... Also, there were a lot more reasons America sided with the Allies, and not Germany (needed to get back debt, major trade-partners, competing military powers, U-boat attacks, etc).

Also, intent is irrelevant here. They have the power, and they've shown it. That is my point.

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
First i'd like to say: THANK YOU. The people in my school and in my surroundings usually steer away from discussions.

yeah, anytime. tuesday is the last day of school for me, and i have nothing to do, lol.

Yes, it is usefull to have walmarts in a time wher the prices are upped and not the paychecks. That is the main problem in this current world. The prices of everything go up, as they always have, but these days the paychecks don't go up with them. This causing more poverty throughout the cities. I'm lucky to live in a country with exellent social services, but i fear for those that live in America. Their life can be destroyed in under an hour.
You have walmart, and we have Aldi, Lidl, GB, Carrefour, Delhaize, Fresh mart and many others lik it that compete to be the cheapest and the best. The people that buy stocks from these things get money as if they pull it out of their ass.

I can't say that sounds entirely true. Its more like Gas goes up, lol. Actually, i don't think its so much about prices or paychecks, as it is just very hard to get out of poverty for some people, mostly the uneducated that come out of crime ridden poor school districts. Thats a whole different thread and topic. However, this goes right back to the magic word:

Violence

Its this violence that destroys communites and makes them poor and miserable places. In a nearby city, Camden, NJ, children of gangs get straight As, because if the teacher doesn't give them an A, their brains will be on the report card instead. And no one wants to stay and make money in such an area. before you know it, only people who can't afford to leave are stuck, and suddenly you have a poor section where no one can get out of.

I advocate for harsh punishment on people who are in gangs, but with current laws, its hard to get people for these crimes because its hard to get legitimate proof. I personally would put an amored vehicle and people with M16s in areas where gang violence is so bad that gun shots are heard everynight, but thats probably not to popular or legal. and its kinda, you know, not cool.

I just can't think of how people would stop this without really cracking down on this stuff.

Only a mass protest backed up by a petition and maybe some politicians will save that land. Business before survival. Money matters, nature has to step aside unless it is somehow capable of making big bucks. Sometimes literally making cash ...

Yep, that was the original ( and fairly weak) arguement made by the previous governing body. They said "A super wawa would create more jobs, and bring more people into pemberton, and creat more money".

Apperently, they didn't catch how a Railroad museum (this place is also unique because its the only suburban station of its kind even being restored for such a purpose) with many buildings, exhibits, and other things could actually attract more people than a super wawa (who goes out their way for a gas station that is literally planted every half mile?)

whats worse, is now it is as if Wawa is almost intentionaly fighting them. In order to build the wawa where they want to, they'd need to tear down an old freight house, and then yank up all the building foundations, and abandonded tracks and ties in the ground. They'd also have to put a traffic signal in an already horrible intersection.

Meanwhile, across the street (where, by the way, they already have a smaller wawa conveniance store) A man had offered to sell his land for the wawa, which not only would be cheaper, but it would have the same acess to all the roads without needing a traffic signal, and would leave the land for the museum.

Its still not entirely clear what will happen. the new government isn't going either way as far as i last heard, and now there is all sorts of bizarre stuff going on. hopefully, the railroad museum will come out on top.

If you ever dare move out of there, I will personally torture you in your basement by tickling you r feet weeks on end with a feather.

you mean move out of New Jersey? lol, i think everyone already left.

I wasn't pissed, I just laughed, and laughed, and laughed ... Then I giggles. Afterwards i laughed again. Great times. Laughed again when I realised she cried her ass off because she had to return to the hilton hotel of prison blocks ... ((get it, hilton hotel...?))

Lol, you should read Red Vs Blue's (halo machinima) comics about Paris. just go to rvb.roosterteeth.com .
they have hand drawn comics there. its hilarious.

lol, hilton hotel. Nice. Seriously though, I hope she gets beat up.

Okay, don't forget the pinky. Right, Doctor Evil?

What was that? my figgin chair won't stop spinning. Its possessed..... Come Mr. Bigglesworth!

I like little boys.

You heard me, I LIKE LITTLE BOYS.

Now, what did I mean with that.
Spoken words can be twisted into a context or given a background that makes th meaning behind it no longer important.

no, this wasn't like clips and soundbytes. when you have people on live TV for hours, there really isn't much you can twist. You also get people who have it things recorded themselves. I'm reasonably confident that kerry wasn't the best choice. that election sucked. Simply voting for someone because they are not bush is not the best idea though.

Can you guarantee that America will not press their little red button. ((not counting the fact that Bush might be dumb enough to press it when searching for the light switch))
Who is America to tell someone not have nukes when they themselves have them.

Yes, i'm absolutely positive it would be impossible. No one here likes nuclear weapons in real life. Its fun to see the big explosion, but the thought of actually using the bomb is unnacceptable, and especially now more than ever with all the WMD hysteria. So if bush hypothetically hit the button today, by the next morning he would be back in texas, on the front of the line on the Green mile, if you know what i mean. (you gotta love texas and its capital punishment). or better yet, we'd ship him and anyone else responsible to the UN that day, priority mail.

No one would stand for it. The only way we'd let anybody hit the nuclear button was if aliens were attacking, or if someone used them on us (and would be practical to respond with such force).

That said, its not bright to get rid of a political bargaining chip like the one that says "your country will be a radioactive pile of dust if you even think about using a WMD". no leader would sacrafice power over their country or something just to get us, or any other nation for that matter.

Again, i don't understand your reasoning. It has nothing to do with Americans having nukes. Do you really want an unstable country like Iran to have these things? Throw out the stupid america nonsense for one moment, and think about what a nuclear weapon is capable of doing to anybody, and then think about if you want anyone else to have the opertunity to unleash that pain and suffering.

I can see why people get upset with the hypocritcalness, but honest to god, do you want more nuclear weapons floating around in the hands of an unstable country like Iran? They might not necesarily be heading to america with that. they could vaporize anyone. It makes me upset that you are trying to justify more people having nuclear weapons because america has 40 year old warheads that probably don't even work anymore (infact, that was in the news a few times, because the current stock is actually dieing off now)

And besides, what kids don't learn from games, they learn from books, TV, movies, the news, comic books, stories from dear old grandpa and experimentation to the unknown. Games alone are not the only problem.

True, parents are th main problem with kids these days. If kids commit violence due to games, it is because their parents allowed them to play those games. That is what those goody 2 shoes don't realise.

Games can be usefull! I've learnt so far not to run into a room filled with armed terrorists with only a near empty handgun.

yeah, games actually are educational, like Medal of Honor. Those games usually have documentarys on WWII, and stuff.

The government only funded those studies because they wanted to know what the hell that crap was they ate at Mcdonalds. ((I'm more of a Quick fan. Fastfoodplace in Belguim and other countries))

nah, it was independant studies. obesity is a problem here, and people everywhere are cracking down on that to. being obese is the new smoking, just like "super size me" said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back