• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra's Lingering Sentiment NOT a Light?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
What is lingering will I do not get what it really is someone tell me

It's Terra's armor that comes to life at the end of BBS. Basically, there's no heart or body inside of it. It is just the remaining will and mind of Terra.

"Your body submits, your heart succumbs, so why does your mind resist?!"

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's Terra's armor that comes to life at the end of BBS. Basically, there's no heart or body inside of it. It is just the remaining will and mind of Terra.

"Your body submits, your heart succumbs, so why does your mind resist?!"

More or less this^ Terra's lingering thoughts and emotions animated it after which it acted on these thoughts/emotions and battled Xehanort.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Can it REALLY only be WILL that drives the Lingering Sentiment? And I'm even fuzzy as to whether Terra will even be a Guardian of Light or not...
It's possible Terra won't be a GoL, but Lingering Sentiment/Spirit/Will is a complete enigma. We don't really know what that thing *is* other than a few fleeting thoughts and emotions animating some armor. It does attack Xehanort, yeah, but it also attacks Sora in 2 Final Mix. Sora, who is a complete stranger

Gram

Banned
Awards
Can it REALLY only be WILL that drives the Lingering Sentiment? And I'm even fuzzy as to whether Terra will even be a Guardian of Light or not...

That's all there is left. Terra's heart was within his body fighting MX for control and no matter how many people love the idea it can't have his soul either because a soul in kh is merely the body's life energy. If it had been lost for even a second terra's body would've died.

And if souls were even transferable at all MX would've simply sucked the souls of random people to rejuvenate his original body instead of going through all that trouble to steal terras body.

Terra's lingering thoughts and feelings are animating the armor and nothing more. I mean if vanitas can form entire beings out of nothing more than his negative emotions, then is it REALLY so hard to imagine terra's feels could animate his armor?

I thought Nomura had already said the battle with lingering sentiment was Not canon? Does that not mean LS itself wasn't canon?
That was the battle in kh2 final mix. The one in bbs is obviously canon.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I suppose you're right about Terra's feels, especially when you bring up Vanitas and the Unversed. Maybe LS was even something entirely different? Vanitas' emotions created the Unversed; which are not HIM, they simply come FROM him. What if LS was created by Terra's will/emotions, but is a being all it's own? Maybe THAT'S why it attacked Sora? Or maybe it was a test...

Gram

Banned
Awards
I suppose you're right about Terra's feels, especially when you bring up Vanitas and the Unversed. Maybe LS was even something entirely different? Vanitas' emotions created the Unversed; which are not HIM, they simply come FROM him. What if LS was created by Terra's will/emotions, but is a being all it's own? Maybe THAT'S why it attacked Sora? Or maybe it was a test...
I do remember a theory once long ago about how the LW could be a variant of unversed, not the same mind you, but similar. And I find it a plausible theory since, as stated, vanitas can form beings from his negative emotions which are separate from him yet born and connected to him.

As for the LW being a being all it's own I'm gonna have to disagree. In the battle with sora, which we dont even know if is canon mind you, it mentions Aqua, ven and a deep hatred of Xehanort and it even attacks Sora because it thinks he might be xehanort.
Going by this I wouldn't consider it a being of it's own but merely an extension of terra in some fashion.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I wonder what it feels like too be the lingering will? Any answers please

Given that he's animated by Terra's lingering thoughts I'd imagine he only feels what Terra was feeling at the moment it was created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back