• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

That Time Again: Season Finales and Network Upfronts!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

|The_Big_Four|

Website
www.angelfire.com
Byline: Tommy S.

Once again TV enters its annual storm before the 4-month calm, as all five major networks will be revealing their official Fall 2007 TV schedules to press and advertisers this week during the annual upfronts, as we get set to find out which shows are passing on and which are getting the boot.

UPFRONT SCHEDULING:

NBC Monday, May 14 3:00 PM EST Radio City Music Hall
ABC Tuesday, May 15 4:00 PM EST Lincoln Center
CBS Wednesday, May 16 2:00 PM EST Carnegie Hall
FOX Thursday, May 17 4:00 PM EST New York City Center
The CW Thursday, May 17 10:30 AM EST Madison Square Garden

*ahem*

More importantly, season finale "season" is already underway, as all of your favorite programs, if they haven't already, will be wrapping up their seasons before the month is over. Here I cover the season finales for Supernatural, ER, Desperate Housewives, 24, Heroes, and House, ordered chronologically (except for House) by airdate.

==========================

Houseteam.JPG

House Season 3 Finale - Episode 3.24 Human Error
(Tuesday, May 29 on FOX)
The third season finale of the network's second-highest rated show following Idol will see House and the team tend to a young woman rescued at sea who seems intent on getting a diagnosis for her mysterious illness. This episode marks Foreman's last day at Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. This episode will air on May 29 instead of May 22 due to being pre-empted for some retarded new FOX reality show that I'm sure will flop.

Supernatural Season 2 Finale - Episode 2.22 All Hell Breaks Loose, Part II
(Thursday, May 17 on The CW)
Following the events of last week, Sam is now dead after a fatal encounter with the other chosen ones, and Dean is forced to confront the Yellow-Eyed Demon and his minions alone. John Winchester is set to make his long-awaited return in this conclusion of the two-part season finale, and in case you forgot, the Colt Revolver still has one last bullet left in it ... 7th Heaven and Gilmore Girls were given the axe this season (sweet payback for Charmed), will Supernatural follow?
Click Here to Watch The CW's Official Kickass Promo

ER Season 13 Finale - Episode 13.23 The Honeymoon's Over
(Thursday, May 17 on NBC)
Luka and Abby are unable to enjoy their honeymoon as Kovac is forced to travel back to Croatia to tend to his sick father. Meanwhile, Neela finds herself in danger when she attends an anti-war rally and Gates deals with serious issues regarding Sarah. The new chief resident Dr. Moretti makes life a living hell in the ER, and the mystery behind Ray's disappearance is finally revealed. Pratt, Morris, Hope, and Sam also appear, as the 13th season of what is STILL the best medical drama on TV today closes out.
Click Here to Watch NBC's Official Kickass Promo

DH310-0003.jpg

Desperate Housewives Season 3 Finale - Episode 3.23 Getting Married Today
(Sunday, May 20 on ABC)
Thank the heavens, Marcia Cross finally returns just in time for the finale as Bree and Orson make their return to Wisteria Lane. After the events of the last episode, we now know that two weddings will be taking place on the same day, as both Gabrielle and Victor as well as Susan and Mike will be tying the knot (however, neither is set to go off as planned). Meanwhile, Tom and Lynette's mother help her deal with the horrible realization that she has cancer, while Edie continues to deceive Carlos. Even without its lead actress and her focal story arch for the past couple of months, Desperate Housewives has still been able to hold its own against the ABC titans of Grey's and Lost. Hopefully the season will end in the same way that it began - simply spectacular.
Click Here to Watch ABC's Official Kickass Promo (second-to-last trailer, finale preview not available yet)

24 Season 6 Finale - Episodes 6.23-6.24 4:00 AM - 6:00 AM
(Monday, May 21 on FOX)
The highly underrated Sixth Day of the Bauer Hour comes to an end in just one week with the two-hour season finale. As of now, we know that Cheng Zhi and Phillip Bauer have struck a deal, Josh in exchange for the circuit board, as Zhou and the mercenaries have crippled and taken control of CTU. Blood has already been spilled, and with only three hours left, Jack and Nadia must formulate a plan to take CTU back. Meanwhile, President Daniels prepares for Russia's declaration of war on the United States, Audrey remains damaged goods, President Palmer is still in critical condition, and Mark Bishop's role in everything remains unclear. Course, knowing "24," all this stuff will just fill the next hour, and the two-part finale itself at this point is completely unpredictable. Still the best show on TV? Uhh, duh.
Click Here to Watch FOX's Official Kickass Promo (second-to-last trailer, finale preview not available yet)

Heroes Season 1 Finale - Episode 1.23 How to Stop An Exploding Man
(Monday, May 21 on NBC)
The show that has brought some pride back to the peacock (NBC, that is) ends its first season in just one week. Hell, forget NBC's upfront. If the network could, it would renew "Heroes" for five seasons right now. Now an embarrasing #4 out of the five major networks, NBC's last hope at getting back into the game may very well be "Heroes." For an entire season now, we've watched ordinary people discover extraordinary abilites. We learned the meaning of the phrase save the cheerleader, save the world. We found out the answers to the question, are you on the list?. And now, the first volume of the show that has literally redefined television and the drama/action-adventure/scifi genre comes to a close with the long-awaited, highly-anticipated season finale. There are FAR too many characters and story archs and FAR too much that has happened on the show for anyone to summarize here. The bottomline is, if you've been following the show, you know how big this will be. If you haven't, well then it sucks for you, don't try catching up because you won't be able to. As far as the prophecy, the string theory, the explosion, the future, and everything else is concerned, all we know is ... everything will be answered in the finale that will undoubtedly leave people breathless and wishing that the summer off-season wasn't a devastatingly long 4 months.
Click Here to Watch NBC's Official Kickass Promo (second-to-last trailer, finale preview not available yet)

=====================

EDIT:

NBC's Upfront from Monday afternoon has revealed startling new information regarding Season 2 of "Heroes"

NBC “bulks up” with 30 combined episodes of "Heroes" and “Heroes: Origins,” an innovative new spin-off that each week will introduce a new character -- one of whom will be chosen by viewers through the “Heroes” website on NBC.com to become a cast regular the following season.

What does this mean? No more winter hiatus. NBC is going "Heroes" Full Throttle.

Last edited:

DaveGamer_05

I'll be watching House, Heroes, Supernatural, and 24 finales. Although you didn't mention The Black Donnellys which I'll be tuning into tonight.

|The_Big_Four|

Website
www.angelfire.com
Byline: Tommy S.

Reaper-logo.png

Well, the season finales are still in full force, but now that all five networks have presented their line-ups at the Upfronts this week, we now know the Official Fall and (more or less) Spring 2007-2008 Television Schedule.

Personally, all of my shows pulled through, those being 24, Desperate Housewives, Supernatural, ER, House, and Heroes (with Heroes also gaining the supplemental "Heroes: Origins" to really bulk up in its second season to 30 episodes). All keeping their normal timeslots, no less.

However, this year the networks have a slew of awesome (at least judging from their descriptions) new programs lined up, some with seemingly unlimited potential for critical success. It's also important to note the influence that the success of "Heroes" this past season has had ... because all five networks have added at least one, if not more, sci-fi or supernatural-based dramas, even CBS (shocking, isn't it?).

Here I'll go over my #1 pick from each network, out of SEVERAL new programs that were announced this week, the ones that I personally will definitely be checking out.

ABC

Returning:
* Notes from the Underbelly
* Ugly Betty
* America's Funniest Home Videos
* The Bachelor
* Boston Legal
* Brothers & Sisters
* Dancing with the Stars
* Desperate Housewives
* Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
* Grey's Anatomy
* Lost
* Men in Trees
* October Road
* Supernanny
* Wife Swap

New shows:
* Private Practice
* Pushing Daisies
* Dirty Sexy Money
* Eli Stone
* Women's Murder Club
* Cashmere Mafia
* Big Shots
* Carpoolers
* Cavemen
* Sam I Am
* Miss/Guided

My #1 ABC Pick: "Cavemen" (8:00 Tuesdays)

ABC is introducing more new shows this year than any of the other five networks. Yet out of all of those new programs, only one will I definitely be checking out, and that's "Cavemen," the new sitcom based on the GEICO cavemen starring three ... well ... under-evolved men living together in Atlanta. Will it flop? Who knows, but a worthwhile sitcom is really hard to find these days. Regardless, "Desperate Housewives" returns in its normal timeslot as the show heads into its fourth season.

NBC

Returning:
* 30 Rock
* The Apprentice
* The Biggest Loser
* ER
* Friday Night Lights
* Football Night in America
* Heroes
* Law & Order
* Law & Order: Criminal Intent
* Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
* Las Vegas
* Medium
* My Name Is Earl
* The Office
* Scrubs
* Sunday Night Football

New shows:
* Bionic Woman
* Chuck
* Heroes: Origins
* The IT Crowd
* Journeyman
* Life
* Lipstick Jungle
* The Singing Bee

My #1 NBC Pick: "Bionic Woman" (9:00 Wednesdays)

The peacock is introducing THREE new science fiction dramas this fall (but no supernatural ones), due obviously to the success of "Heroes," which by the way as I mentioned before, is getting star treatment from the network (as well it should). "Bionic Woman," a remake of the 1976 series, which itself was a spin-off of "The Six Million Dollar Man," seems to have the most potential out of all of NBC's new programs. "ER" returns for an amazing 14th season, remaining the best medical drama on TV, and "Heroes" jumps to the frontlines as NBC's forerunner.

CBS

Returning:
* The Amazing Race 12
* CSI
* CSI: Miami
* CSI: New York
* The Ghost Whisperer
* How I Met Your Mother
* NCIS
* Numb3rs
* Rules of Engagement
* 60 Minutes
* Shark
* Survivor: China
* The Unit

New shows:
* Viva Laughlin
* Cane
* Moonlight
* Swingtown
* The Big Bang Theory
* Power of 10
* Kid Nation

My #1 CBS Pick: "Moonlight" (9:00 Fridays)

Unless you count "Ghost Whisperer," this is new territory for the crime drama-loving CBS. "Moonlight" revolves around a vampire private investigator who, like Angel, uses his abilities to help the human race, rather than feed on them like most vamps. Potential? Definitely. My faith in CBS primetime programming may very well be renewed ... maybe.

FOX

Returning:
* American Dad
* American Idol
* Bones
* Family Guy
* House
* Prison Break
* 'Til Death
* The Simpsons

New shows:
* K-Ville
* New Amsterdam
* Canterbury's Law
* Sarah Connor Chronicles
* Back to You
* The Rules for Starting Over
* The Return of Jezebel James
* The Search for the Next Great American Band

My #1 FOX Pick: "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" (9:00 Sundays; Spring 2008)

Fox is returning to its roots by introducing a new sci-fi drama as well as a new supernatural one. The sci-fi-based "Sarah Connor Chronicles" should sound familiar to fans of the "Terminator" film franchise. Set in the same universe as the films, this new series will see the return of characters such as Sarah and John Connor as well as new, futuristic models of the Terminators. Better yet, Jack Bauer will continue to fight terrorists as "24" enters its seventh season, and "House" returns as the best medical dramedy on TV today.

The CW

Returning:
* America's Next Top Model
* Everybody Hates Chris
* The Game
* Girlfriends
* One Tree Hill
* Smallville
* Supernatural
* WWE Friday Night SmackDown!

New shows:
* Gossip Girl
* CW Now
* Online Nation
* Reaper
* Aliens in America
* Wild at Heart
* Crowned
* Farmer Takes A Wife

My #1 CW Pick: "Reaper" (9:00 Tuesdays)

Thought the supernatural genre was all but dead? Think again. Not only did The CW renew "Supernatural" for a third season, but it's introducing yet another supernatural drama, "Reaper." Looks like the old WB supernatural shows of "Charmed" and "Angel" have had their torch passed to a new generation. "Reaper" will air in the now VERY hot Tuesday 9:00 timeslot, and revolves around a 21-year old guy who becomes Satan's soul-collecting bounty hunter. Hey, throw in some sick-looking demons and you got everything you need for a great new supernatural drama.

===================

Heh, if I were you, I'd make plans to stay home starting this Fall Season. Very impressive new line-up and another successful week of upfronts, as another great year of television comes to an end.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
Reaper sounds a lot like 'The Collector', whilst Moonlight sounds just like Angel.

Eh, I'll watch them, just noticed the strange similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back