• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The 2006 Winter Olympics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ladymage

I just finished watching the opening for the Winter Olympics. I thought is was a very nice ceremony and I can't wait for the real games to start! What did you guys think of the opening ceremony? Who do you think is going to win the most games?

I thought it was really nice that they had one person from both the Koreas holding the flag instead of two seperate teams. I think it's cool that they are considering coming as just Korea for the next Winter Olympics. I was also heartwarming to hear about how the towns in Moldova all gave money to their team so they could pay for their stay and compete. I liked the Tribute to John Lennon and the acrobats that formed the Dove.

I think America is going to win the most games but then again I'm a little bias and I don't really know any of the other teams.

Last edited:

UnknownEnigma

I'm not going to watch one moment of it...i missed all that^^^^ and the torch and all of it! i just cant watch the olympics without seeing how it opened but ah well i get next time....a long next time

ladymage

I'm sure the opening ceremony is on the internet somewhere. You should watch it, it was really cool.

velocity2325

who said i was gone :D
Awards
Website
www.xanga.com
the winter game is alright i guess not really my favorite olympics though cuz i dont really like the sports they are doing like hockey and skating in my opinion (not trying to be mean or offensive to anyone). i love the summer olympics though cuz it has some many sports i like like basketball, baseball, and many other things.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
Well, now that the 06 Torino Games are over and done with, the spotlight switches to Vancouver BC, Canada (That's where I live :) ) For the 2010 Winter Olympics.

ladymage

Sora 31 said:
i liked wacthing the aeiral jumping. all the flips were cool.
I was watching that in school! They where awsome! I want to do that but I would be too scared.

Well, now that the 06 Torino Games are over and done with, the spotlight switches to Vancouver BC, Canada (That's where I live ) For the 2010 Winter Olympics.

Cool, are you going to try to go to the events?

ladymage

Heart's Essence said:
I really don't care who won or didn't, because Mexico didn't even participate....* wished that the US would have gotten the least number of medals.
How bigoted of you. You could think about more than your own country. What do you have against the U.S.? I am from the U.S., sure I think it's cool that we got the second most metals but it's not important as far as I'm concerned. I'm happy that Germany got the most, I'm sure they are very happy. Everyone that did get a metal deserved it.

It's not just about the metals you know. It's about the people doing the best in their sport and doing it because they love it. Also it is about the Olympic Spirit. There where many people from all different countries that got hurt while practicing but they still when out and did their best. Those people are the true winners, those are the people that will be remembered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back