• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Beast of Silent Springs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
10:40 AM
There was something to be said about a small town's cooking. Weather it was a good thing or a bad thing was another thing altogether, but there was defiantly something to be said. At the moment, Kyle was just finishing off his breakfast at one of the town's local restaurants. He had gotten something he thought would be simple and delicious. A plate of bacon, hash brown, eggs, and pancakes. What he got was a plate of pancakes, bacon, whitish yellow goop, and a burned pile he suspected was supposed to be the hash brown. He ate it all, save for the egg goop. Taking a sip of his coffee, which was thankfully not terrible, he looked out the window. Then when he saw there was nothing worth seeing in the window, he looked back at the picture of the black...thing on top of the church. The more he looked at the picture, the more he believed it wasn't just a bunch of birds grouped together. He should show someone.
"Moa' coffee, suga?" said a nearby waitress. She was...not pleasant to look at. Far too much makeup, crooked teeth, and ridiculously blonde hair.
"Y-yeah, thanks." Came his answer. Correction: He should show this picture to someone who isn't her.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
Luke looked the stranger up and down, and, deciding he looked acceptable, held his hand out to shake. "Names Luke, and this is my sister, Jessica. I might be able to tell you some things, but first, I'm gonna need a name." he said, subtly putting himself between the stranger and his sister, just in case the guy decided to be a weirdo, after all, you weren't likely to find many people in a town like this, let alone tourists.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
"No problem," David reached his hand out, "Names David Yarter, I'm new to this place. How about you?"

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Not letting the little interruption throw off his mood, Cross walks up to the two that just got out of the vehicle only to see that the guy that came up to him just a bit ago walk up to the duo and ask if they are new and some other things. Cross decides that this is the perfect opportunity. He could be the one to give them some information about the town and perhaps get on the good side of the two, which he prays is just a brother and sister. But just in case he prepares himself mentally for the worst and walks up to them just as the older of the two says something about names and how the girl is his sister. Cross lets out a cheer of delight in his mind at overhearing this.

"If it's information y'all need I think I can help out with that. I may have lived most of my life in another country, but I was born here and moved back a couple years ago. The name's Alex Cross, by the way, but y'all can just call me Cross. And if it's not information, I'd even settle with helping you do whatever you came here to do. Need something to kill some time anyways."

Awards
Jessica was grateful that her brother was between herself and these new guys. She stared at them both quizzically. Cross and David, huh? Now that she could get a better look at the boy, she saw that he was At least Cross knew a lot about the town, apparently. If they were all clueless, they'd be left wondering around. Which... might not be a bad thing for the movie, would it? Did people in horror movies have a good idea of where to go?

Jessica shook her head and tried to figure out what to say, rather than compare this to some horror movie. Not all of those had happy endings, after all, and this was going to have a happy ending. Indefinitely. She opened her mouth to introduce herself, but she remembered that her brother had already taken care of that. She was horrible at small talk, so she refused to even consider a comment on the weather right now. Hm... Might as well start and see what came to mind. "Thanks for offering," she started, looking at the ground. Taking a breath, she looked directly at Cross, then at David, then back at the ground before adding, "My brother's trying to shoot his movie here, and I'm going to be the star," It came out a lot more quietly than intended.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
Luke shot his sister a stare that plainly said 'TMI', before looking at the two strangers, "She exaggerates, it's just a little school project I'm helping her with, pick a town and look into it's history, I suggested that she do a film, rather than just write a paper, score some extra credit, ya know? She ran with it a bit more than I expected though, and, well, here we are!" Luke forced an innocent laugh, until he knew more about these two, it was better to keep his project to himself, wouldn't want some townie trying to hog all the camera shots, after all. "So, Cross, what could you tell us about this here town?" He said, turning the camera on and pointing it towards the kid, "Just pretend the cameras not even here, and tell me what you know." Here would be his first chance to see how much this town really was hiding, fact was, every town had it's legends, so if there wasn't even a mention of the beast, well, that'd be enough to arouse some suspicion.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
"School project, eh? I remember when I was in school, I almost flunked on a few little projects, no one ever helped me, except one cool guy I went to school with, he grew up to be a gangster, but that's unrelated. Anyway, mind if I help you with the project? I'm gonna be living here, so I feel like I need to help you guys."

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
"Wait. What?! You never said anything about a camera! I just meant giving you information from the shadows! That sort of deal."

Cross just sighs as he quickly finds the camera being pointed at him leaving him no chance to escape, even with the guy saying to just pretend that the camera isn't there. Sure that's easy to do, but that's besides the point. So in response he just looks at the two and listens to what the third person has to say. He just smiles as he thinks that the guy could use his help just as much as the two tourists, so he decides to think of it as a simple informational thing.

"Well, Silent Springs is a small town, as you can plainly see. There's really nothing all that impressive about it. I mean, the schools are all rolled into one building and there's really only one cafe. They say that this place is a tourist attraction, but I just don't see how. I guess it could be related to the old story that I've been told by some friends of mine. Something about some creature that's supposed to be sealed away at the bottom of the lake because of some saint or something. I've heard different versions of the story, but the creepiest has to be the one that says, 'We, the people of Silent Springs, offer a sacrifice of blood to The Saint so as to make sure that his power is kept at a maximum. For should the beast be let free, he shall prey upon the souls of the women of Silent Springs.' That's what I've heard of it anyways. Now can I get away from that camera, please? I only meant to be a guide of sorts."

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
"Great, I chose a damned cult to live in. I'm getting pretty sick of these urban legends, I just want to live in a nice place without any fucking killers." David took a breather to calm down, "Sorry about that, I just gotta relax."

Awards
Jessica saw the look her brother gave her and immediately closed her mouth and went back to playing with the hem of her skirt. So it was a secret that they were making a movie here? Her brother could've at least told her that, then! She wasn't a mind-reader; how was she supposed to know? Still... she should probably apologize later if she had made such a blunder to recieve an actual glare from Luke.

She listened idly to the rest of the conversation, not wanting to say something wrong again. She'd just remember all of this and run through it later. Something catches her attention a lot more than the rest though. "Women?" she squeaked, looking around at their little group.

...Yep, she was the only one here with girly bits. Unless there was a crossdresser among the crowd... She glanced at her brother for a moment before stiffling a giggle. Really, though, hopefully this legendary monster didn't really care about genders. Any of the guys seemed like they could outrun her or outmuscle her... Why hadn't she packed pepper spray? Why was she so obviously a girl? Why did other females apparently get the memo?

Jessica realized she was actually shaking in fearnow. She shook her head and tried to straighten out. She was just psyching herself out, that was all. It was a ridiculous rumor in the first place! ...Right? Right!

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
8:30 PM
Charybdis Lake

The figure felt it was time to rise from the choppy, dark waves, the autumn air cool and crisp against his drenched, black skin as he trudged along the shoreline. His tongue was out of his mouth slightly as he began imagining the sole girl in the group and the feast he would have, all of them dead at his feet. He raised his head into the air, taking a whiff of the air to find his prey, drooling at the thought of the girl's scent entering his nostrils again. With claws retracted, the beast climbed up the back of the First Church of Geoffrey, the one place the beast could use to look about the city.

Standing behind the steeple that rose from the church, the figure gazed down through the light evening fog, searching for prey to kill. He would continue scouring the town for the newcomers until he would claim one of them, preferably the strongest, as his prey.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
8:30PM

Kyle stepped out of the restaurant. Though he thought he had learned his lesson just a few short hours ago, he managed to once again to fall into the booth of less-than-adequate food. He gambled with a cheeseburger, and lost. The bun was stale, the meat was overcooked, and the vegetables tasted far from fresh. And let's not get started on the "cheese". The only decent part about the meal were the fries, but he suspected those were microwaved from the frozen food isle. Now he he was out in the cold wishing he was still hungry rather than having the after taste in his mouth.

At least the town looked nifty in the night. The lights glistening against dark backgrounds and the small amount of people walking around gave the place a very nice tone. All that was missing was a light drizzle and it would probably be one amazing photograph. Still, a guy had to take what was given to him. Once again Kyle raised the camera up to his face and began taking quick snapshots of the area around him. Even the restaurant probably looked great, not that he was going to check.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
8:30 PM

David was in his car, parked in-front of the lake, drinking gas station vodka. He saw a splash of water and saw a silhouette seemingly fly on the church. He couldn't make out the creature due to his vision blurred. He rolled the windows up to keep a safe distance from the beast and kept his eye on it.
"What the hell is that?"

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
Luke was sitting in the hotel room, idly going through the footage they'd shot that day, most of it was just talking, as he didn't plan on setting up any events until at least day three, no reason to start things off too fast, of course. 'Going well so far, if not a bit bland...' he thought, getting ready to shut everything off for the night when he saw a strange movement on the screen. "What the..." he muttered, rewinding and slowly playing a frame by frame. It was impossible to make out any details, at least, not yet, but from what he could tell, the video showed that there was something standing on the roof of the church, too big to be a typical animal, and definitely not a human. "Yo, Sis, get over here, you've gotta see this thing!" He shouted. 'I've gotta admit, the people in this town are good, first they have that kid act like he barely knows the story, then they set this up, not bad, I might even be able to use this...'

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
First Church of Geoffrey (Rooftop)
8:35 PM

The figure scanned the landscape, seeing several things worthy of his attention as his black pupiled eyes peered through the glass of a hotel window, noticing one of the men from that morning with a camera. From what little the creature knew after only being able to read his lips, he could conclude that the man had little suspicion that he was really something to be feared-- something that could prove advantageous in the future. The lovely female also greeted him as well, causing the figure's long, thin tongue to drop to the rooftop in admiration of the beast. The two appeared to be close, probably siblings, which would be something that could be a disadvantage if both of them were not taken out at once.

Next, the creature gazed upon the doors of a restaurant, the brown haired, green eyed male, sporting a green sweater with brown cargo pants, walking outside of the place that was a miserable excuse for an eatery. The man pulled out his camera, something that the beast had grown used to, seeing as he wasn't a threat judging from his skinny frame. The flash was slightly irritating, causing the beast to turn its' head away until he knew it was over. The camera could prove bothersome, but that was the least of his worries.

No, the man wearing all black with dark blonde hair was driving a vehicle, something that could allow him to escape if needed. The beast initially wasn't worried about the man until he noticed the drunk driver looked clearly at him, a questioning look on his face. If they all knew of his existence, it would be much harder to take his prey down, especially if they became a group.

This group was going to be challenging, but the beast was ready, jumping from his spot on the roof to the graveyard, running to the group of houses along the left side of the car, bounding behind the hospital in hopes of being able to ambush the vehicle.

Awards
Jessica paced around the hotel room silently as thought about what she had gotten herself into. There was no such thing as monsters, right? It was just a weird tale passed down to scare little kids and attract tourists. Nothing more. Still, she played with her ribbon nervously, letting her hair hang loose for now. It was too much to worry about fixing it right now, not when she was so spooked about this monster that apparently eats women.

She stopped and almost jumped when she heard her brother’s voice stop her train of thought. He certainly sounded excited about something. Considering what he was hoping to find here, that couldn’t be good.

“What is it?” She asked, plopping next to him on the bed and acting completely unfazed. Maybe she did have a future in this acting business. That is, if this thing that she was staring at on film didn’t turn out to be that fabled monster and didn’t kill her before she got the chance.

Because for some reason, she couldn’t help but feel that that would really put a damper in things.

In a tired, almost bored tone, she added, “Looks like the stories are true, then. Do we keep asking around or just go hunting for it?” Or go to bed and pretend we never saw that? I like that option, too. She continued playing with her ribbon in her hands while she waited for an answer. Couldn’t exactly show herself to be afraid and prove her brother right about how she shouldn’t have tagged along in the first place, after all.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Kyle made his way away from the restaurant. The farther away he got from it, the better he felt. Though his small car didn't seem like a whole lot, it definitely made his life a whole lot easier. There was no way in hell he would have been able to walk all the way to his hotel from this place, and he doubted this small town had any buses or taxis to call their own. Once he made it to the parking lot, he found a nice spot to "park his lot" as his father always said and headed in. On the way to his room, something caught his ear from inside one of the rooms. He couldn't make out what the person said, but it sounded female and he definitely made out "hunting for it." He stopped mid stride and pondered. Hunt what? Was there anywhere to hunt wild game? He didn't really pay attention to any of the surrounding areas of the town, aside from that large lake. He shuddered a bit before taking out his camera. Flipping through the pictures he stopped at one of the first pictures he took that day. Maybe this large shadow-thing wasn't a group of birds flying off?

He slowly began walking, keeping his eyes on the small screen. He bumped into something, which dropped a whole lot of somethings which made a large breaking sound. Jumping back, he saw what he had bumped into was a maid, what had crashed were plates. Thankfully only two had broken, but it might as well have been two hundred from the sound of it.
"Gah. I'm sorry!" Kyle blurted out. "I was...uh..."
"No, no." The young maid said. "I should have kept a better watch on where I was going. Totally my fault." She put something into her pocket. From the quick glance he got from it, he made it out to be a cell phone. Was she texting while carrying all of those plates? That would have been impressive. It also meant he wasn't totally to blame. He offered her his hand to help her up, which she accepted before cleaning up her--uh--their mess. He hoped that the large amount of noise didn't wake anyone.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
8:45 PM

David was looking into the beast's eyes, he looked away as it noticed him, but he looked back; the creature was gone. The man reached for the key to start the car, and he saw a blotch in the corner of his eye move as the engine roared. If he hadn't been impaired by the scotch, he could see better, but he knew; it was the monster, and he was ready to strike. The drunk man saw a light in the motel adjacent from him in town, a hope that somehow, someone would drive 'It' away.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
8:45 PM

The beast was now behind the local hospital as the engine of the car began to roar, further dooming the driver by allowing the clawed creature to pinpoint its' exact location from the booming sound. As the beast's black, silhouette-like head poked out of the corner of the hospital, it noticed the man's head peered towards the window of the motel room that it had noticed atop the roof of the church. There was a slight chance that whoever was in the motel room would notice the chaos, but soon, the darkness of the night sky would impair the eyes of all, except for the beast, whose eyes gleamed a neon green in the night--and the darkness would soon be with him.

The abomination took a position much like a frog, its' triceps in the legs flexing as if it was the rubber band of a slingshot, arms straight towards the ground, then biceps flexing as the arms met the ground at a ninety degree angle. The beast then released himself, launching into the air towards the car, making sure to aim a short distance in front of it in order to land on top of the hood. The beast's weight caused the hood of the car to crunch and crumple as if the car was made of tin foil instead of expensive steel, causing the car to cease to run due to a crushed engine. With a clawed arm, it swiped through the windshield and attempted to grapple the man's throat, then throw him to where the creature came from in order to prevent anyone from spotting the fight.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
8:47 PM

David's car was being destroyed, the Beast had him trapped. Before he could think, the demonic being grabbed his throat. David grasped the claw with the one hand that didn't have liquor in it, but to no avail; it flung David behind the hospital. The man heard a heavy sniffing sound and saw the monster's glowing neon eyes. It's poor vision was its only disadvantage, however, the creature's hearing and smell were far too keen, but it didn't look to like the light either. David noticed the wet grass from the rain; maybe he could slide under the Beast and get a flare from his trunk- no, its movements were too swift for that. He'd have a chance if his breath didn't smell of alcohol; so he tossed the glass bottle onto the hospital's wall, shattering it. Maybe the smell of the vodka combined with the sound of the glass breaking would buy David some time. He grabbed his gold knuckles from his pocket and wore them in preparation for what was next.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back