• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The best PS1 games.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE NUMBER ONE PICKED PS1 GAME WILL DISSAPOINT & ANGER YOU.

No it doesn't. I agree completely with that list. As much of an RPG fan that I am, there are some pretty awesome games out there that rank above and beyond.

Ok, I don't agree COMPLETELY with that list. The only problem was FF VIII. Sure it looked super, but it pissed itself down it's leg with everything else. It should be replaced with Chrono Cross. I think that game is overlooked too much, along with FFT. But I was happy to see it (FFT) among the list. Vagrant Story is in it's proper place. The opening scene is fantastic, and the game is very challenging.

BladesofJustice

MAN! Grandia should have been put up higher than that. That was probably one of the best rpg games on the PS1. They should have put Saga Frontier 2 on there as well. That game is way too overlooked. Also Tai'fu Wrath of the Tiger, that was a tight game.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
I don't agree with you. If there's any game for the PSX that deserves the title of #1, it's Metal Gear Solid.

nc_jrath

FF7 should be # one, i agree with the rest of the list, but im not a fan of FF8 and 9, so im not going to say anything about it

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
Are all of you on crack? Like, everywhere I lok on teh forums everyone's like, "OMG! FFVII is the god of all video games! FFVII rox my sox!" & stuff like that. Guess I was wrong. But I still think that VII should be number one.

::leonskey::

User Title
Blue Mage said:
Are all of you on crack? Like, everywhere I lok on teh forums everyone's like, "OMG! FFVII is the god of all video games! FFVII rox my sox!" & stuff like that. Guess I was wrong. But I still think that VII should be number one.
actualy blue mage, i agree with the game picked as number one. and you know very well i dont do crack.
metal gear solid was a great game.
not only did it implemented the objective as not being (kill everyone), but as stealth, you were givin the choice as a player to kill or not to kill, and were rewarded for it.also the ocleot touchre room was a great point looking at what the gamer would do. would you let yourself live to let the one you love die? or would you risk it all. not to mention the fight with psycho mantis, whare he told you about yourself, depending on how you played... (if you killed everyone he would call you a blood thirsty beasty and if not hed call you a true warriro and stuffs like that)

and mgs was the first to show cinematic cutscenes that blended the game to be like a movie.

i mean FF7 was good, but it cant beat the thrill of runing from enemys insted of gunning them down.

You have just been PwNeD by leonskey
(dont take the pwning thing serious, i put it after all my posts in the gameing section)

New2Ya

I'm lost...
FF8 and FF7 are the best PS1 games. I still enjoy them, and that means something...

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Metal Gear Solid eh? I can see that. I never played it, but I heard lots of good things, and I don't know anyone that has played it and disliked it.

I would have liked to see Breath of Fire IV on there. Most people haven't even played that game. I dunno why, it's excellent. It's better than most RPG's out there today. Whatever.

And that just proved that FFVIII is better than FFVII and all those fanboys/girls can shut the hell up from now on.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
NOOO TEHY REPLAZED YM FF7 WID A ST00000PID MGS: 1 HWO DEER THEY11 RARARARARARARRARARARARA FF7 R0X0RZ YM B0X0RZ

FDNS.ADJFDHSAFHLAFHAKFJ LOL LOL LOL LOL LMAO LOL :) :) :)

[/stupidity]

Note to fanboys of either title, or either genre:

Both FF7/8 and MGS: 1 are truely compelling games. Both have a solid storyline and amazingly entertaining gameplay. Don't bash the other, both games are truely epic.

Zophar

I personally don't care that MGS got first place. The only problems I have are:

Umm... where the heck is Chrono Cross, shouldn't that be there on that list as well? And on top of that... why did Lunar get 22nd place? That is one of the best RPGs ever made, heck it's even better than some of the newer RPGs.

Faust<3Eliza

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I agree with Metal Gear as the best game. I mean, it's a classic, the plotline is abnormally good for a game of its genre, and contains tolerable characters. What more is there?

I personally am rather glad that Chrono Cross isn't on there. In all its manifestations I thought it was pretencious and flakey.

I'm also glad that Vagrant Story's on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back