• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Darkness Rises (Title is only temporary) Chapter1.5

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

nate_shuuya29

Bronze Member
Tarinalen Ikitanro, the son of the Archon, the ruler of Archonia. He is called a prodigy, said to be the next archon. Some people think he may be the next to master all 7 elements. But all of these are rumors, Tarinalen’s story follows a different track that no one who knew him would of expected. His destiny was far greater than being an Archon. Tarin is a 14 year old. His mother was a princess from another country, part of a peace exchange. He is a gifted mage and has mastered earth, air, fire, water and is studying the element of light. His teacher’s can barely keep up with his progress. Some people, mostly those who already oppose his father, say that he is the demon lord reborn, and his magic is to powerful to be human. They also point out the fact that when he uses magic his eyes change from gold to red. Now prepare to follow him on his dark journey to his destiny.

Tarin stood completely still, in between two buildings, cloaking himself with some light magic, making no one able to see him, and using fire magic to cool his body tempature. Leona ran by his hiding spot, and continued on, she was the one who was it last. Tarin grinned and stayed there, waiting till he could feel her presence walking away. He then released the cloak and began climbing up between the buildings. The roof was empty, just like every other roof around. Tarin stared down the edge and saw Leona searching around for people. The world went spinning a second later, white blasted his vision, and he went flying through the air, pain racking the left side of his ribs.

He landed on a roof two houses over, spinning to his feet in seconds, his head still spinning. He reached down to his legs and pulled out his Kitano, short swords about a foot and a half long, with a thin blade like a rapier. A shadow jumped from where he had just been to right in front of him. “Kudou! Why the hell are you here and why did you attack me?” Tarin said as he saw who his attacker was, his cousin from his mothers side.

Kudou’s hair was dirty and stringy, his normally straight, long black hair in knots, his eyes bloodshot, anger everywhere over his face. “why you? Why just a half demon like you?! I’m stronger than you ever will be!” He screamed out before attacking, a darkness gathering in his hands.

“Stop Kudou!” Tarin yelled as Kudou attacked, his fist aiming straight for Tarin’s head. Tarin ducked and saw the other hand, he spun out of the way grabbing Kudou’s wrist and spinning around, pressing his arm against his back twisting it hard. “I told you to stop cousin.”

Kudou didn’t seem to hear and screamed in anger, using his other hand to punch Tarin in the side of the stomach, Darkness still covering his fist. The punch sent Tarin flying, his stomach bleeding. “What the fuck was that? It cut deep.” He didn’t answer and attacked again. Tarin easily dodged all of his attacks, his body moving fluidly like water. “I won’t hurt you cousin now stop!” But he didn’t. He aimed a punch at Tarin’s head, who flipped backwards out of range.

Kudou yelled, “Die already!” Then black flames began emanating from his hands and his eyes turned a bright shining emerald, as he attacked. Tarin stood there surprised for a second, and then began created a vacuum of wind around kudou, causing the dark flames to die down and Kudou to lose oxygen, and pass into unconsciousness.

His breathing was normal and his eyes had turned backed to blue. He was heavy being a 17 year old, and Tarin a 14 year old, carrying him 2 miles to the palace. The palace was overflowing with people, and many of them asked about Tarin’s cousin but he just said that he was exhausted after coming in a hurry. No one asked him any different, until he came upon Count Riani.

“Ah, young Tarinalen, how are you doing today? And what is that trash you are dragging?” The contemptuous old man said, his voice filled with a hatred for them.

“This Count Riani, is my dear Cousin Kudou who has spent 2 days straight walking here. So I am sorry but I must be going.” Tarin’s voice was cool and calm, not showing the hatred that he had for the Count. He continued on and finally made it to his room. He laid Kudou on his bed, and laid an immobilization spell over him, so that when he woke up he wouldn’t be able to move. “Now stay here. Not like you can do anything else though.” Tarin said to his unconscious cousin as he walked out of his room on the 14th floor.

The palace was huge and had over 20 floors, most above level 15 were for nobles and soldiers. The top floor was the Archon’s office, and throne room. The royal bedrooms were on the 15th, which is where Tarin was going, to see his mother. Invisibility has a lot of uses, and one of them is sneaking into your parents room so they don’t notice you, except that Kyena, Tarin’s mother, always knew. “Hello Tarin.” She said as he approached her from behind as she combed her hair.

“Damn mom, how do you always know? I thought my magic was good enough I was reducing my heat levels too below human to.” He turned visible, a smile across his face.

“Well, your my son I always know when your close, or where you are.” Her voice a soft lovely sound, as she turned around and kissed Tarin on his forehead.

Tarin’s smile went away a little. “Mother I have a question, And I’d like you to answer honestly.”

Kyena’s face went white, her jaw tightened as if she knew what he was about to ask. “Am I a demon? And this isn’t just because of those rumors. My eyes do turn red whenever I use magic, and my blood starts boiling. Plus, Cousin Kudou just attacked me, screaming and babbling. He said something like, ‘why you, your only a half demon.’ So can you please tell me what he’s talking about mother.”

Kyena’s eyes dropped to the ground, and her face was covered in sadness. “I was hoping this day would never come. But I suppose it finally has. Okay well I guess it’s time I told you the truth.” Her voice cracked, showing her sadness.

“Well, first you know that my father was the king of the Demerian Empire, a group of islands along the coast. Well, my father is a demon, and so am i. But demon aren’t evil, as the Archonian history teaches. We have a different history. Back when Archonius fought the Demon Lord a group of demons defected, because they felt that humans had a right to live, where the demon lord wanted them all wiped out. Well, that group joined Archonius, and at the end of the war, when Archonius sealed the demon lord into the Veil he allowed our clan to survive, and we made our home the Demerian Islands, we have coexisted with humans for a thousand years.

“one thing that most people do not know, is that our capital is where the Veil was sealed, and after so log the Veil has become weakened and Demons are pouring through. It began about 200 years ago, when a few made it through, and now more and more are. When I left the country to marry your father was brother was king, and it was his 2 year old son, Kudou, who was going to be the next heir, but it appears that may have changed, and he is angry at you.”

Tarin sat there, his mouth wide open, as he tried to realize and take in the whole situation. “Wait, so grandfather named me the heir?!” He yelled.

“That’d be the only logical reason for Kudou to attack you. We should go see him and check on him, maybe I can talk some sense into him” Tarin just nodded, still shocked by what he had found out and realized. No one bothered to talk to him, his mind racing through the situation and what had occurred. His mother talked politely and waved at everyone. She was a queen of the people.

None of the Counts or nobles passed by them, only soldiers and palace workers passed by them. Kudou was awake and yelling when they got there. A cleaning lady was standing by the door when they arrived and his mother explained that it was his cousin in pain and that they would take care of it. She left then and they went into his room, to find Kudou rolling on the ground struggling.

“It won’t work, my immobilization spell cuts off all electrical signals throughout the body.”

Kudou then noticed him and started yelling trying to go at Tarin. Kyena then stepped forwards. “Kudou Ikitanro get ahold of yourself isn’t a prince supposed to act better than that.”

Kudou glared at her then spat at her feet. “I am not a prince anymore thanks to grandfather. He is.” He nodded at Tarin, an angry lookin his eyes.

“So your father is dead?” Kyena’s face looked saddened.

“He is, killed defending some humans from a demon, the humans turned and attacked him afterwards and killed him!” Kudou yelled in frustration, trying to move.

“But all the humans of Demeria know about demons why would they kill him?”

“It wasn’t any Demerian, It was one of your damn mage cities that did it! I called for war but grandfather said no.”

“It’s a good thing he did. You can’t cause a war with the Archonian empire! That’d be stupid. No wonder he decided to renounce your claim to the throne. If you had attacked my husband would have happily destroyed you. He is powerful, probably on the level of your father, which is saying something for a human. He would have destroyed your army, and that would be bad for the nation. That would have been a very stupid move.” Kyena’s face was calm and cool, the sadness from hearing about her brother gone from her face.

“Yeah, well my father deserves some sort of retribution when he saved the people who killed him. And grandfather has no right to deny my claim I am the rightful ruler.”

“You do realize that he can only deny your right if the clan council agress to it right? Which means it wasn’t only his decision. The Council feels you are not right for the position.”

“And he is?!” He yelled out in frustration gesturing towads Tarin.

“Well, did father name him the heir, or just say he was the next choice?”

Kudou was about to say yes, then thought about it and mumbled, “no he didn’t.”

“Then don’t be foolish and make rash mistakes, think about what you are doing. And if you improve on some things maybe they will decide you are the right one. Grow up a little, and stop acting like a child. Tarin is more mature than you.”

Kudou lay there, a little stunned, contemplating the meaning of her words, then he sighed and looked up, “Yeah, your right aunt Kyena, I’m sorry for being stupid. You know how we are.”

“Yeah your just like your father was at that age. But unlike for you, he didn’t have to take the throne young, so he had time to prepare. Now can we undo the spell and let you free? As long as you promise you are not going to attack.”

“Yes I promise, and I am very sorry Tarin, I was being brash and foolish.” Kudou’s face told Tarin that he really meant it and so Tarin undid the spell.

“Okay the spell is released. Now what are your plans?” Tarin said, watching his cousin carefully.

“Well, I actually came here cause grandfather told me that you need to come to the capital to meet with grandfather and the council. So I assumed you were to be made heir. I jumped to conclusions, when it could be any reason.”

“So, my father wants to see Tarin? But I can’t leave the city and nor can he without the Archon’s permission.” Kyena said.

“Me and him can sneak out mom. I’ve done it before and father never comes to see me anyways. He would never know, he barely pays attention to me anyways. Plus I wanna get out there and explore anyways. Please mom?” Tarin looked at his mother giving his best puppy dog face.

Kyena frowned and sighed, “fine, I guess you better father would be angry if I didn’t. alright let me go get you some food and water, start packing some clothes.” Tarin smiled and grabbed his travel bag and started putting clothes into it. The outfit he wore now was a white royal robe, with gold embroidered onto it. He brought a thin robe meant for deserts, a sand colored robe, made of a heat suited cloth. He also brought a snow white robe, made from a cloth that keeps you warm in the cold.

While he packed Kudou sat and watched, thinking to himself. Tarin wondered what was going through Kudou’s mind, he also hoped that if he was named the heir for some reason; that Kudou would stay his cousin and not betray him. When he was finished his mother walked in carrying an extra backpack with food, clothes for Kudou, and two waterskins to bring with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back