• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Endowed (Sign up and OoC)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
It's a good thing I wanted to reorganize this.

Welcome to the Renaissance! Across the world, culture is being reborn, people are rethinking objectives, and The Endowed are enjoying new status as accepted members of society, with full Equality.

The Endowed are special, and compromise about half of the population. Each is gifted with their own singular ability. The Brotherhood of Nations, about 20 years ago, set up laws for how to deal and study the Endowed wtih the Endowed consent. Now, as part of the study, (which is to determine how and why some people get endowments) they are looking into an Orb... and rumors are stating the reason they have no money is because they have bought The Triad.

Meanwhile, Society has it's own problem. The Mafia has moved into the area. After controlling several countries, they are trying to take over Italy now. Though, they have run into some trouble. The Criminal underground aren't giving up their territory without a fight. And neither are the Merchants and commoners.

The Mafia's leader is an Endowed, a Youth Vampire who steals people's youth to supplement his own. His Opposition is the Thief called The Fox, of which nothing is known.

First up:
PLEASE repost your templates. (and you can fix anything you need now)

Languages are now available. I should note that you do not have to speak said language in order to have your character speak it. The language should only be infront of people who can't speak it, and a BOLDED correct translation should follow.

Keep all countries and positions to the Renaissance.

Posts must be at least one paragraph

All regular rules are to be obeyed.

Can have up to 3 characters

PG-13 please! And sex can be mentioned, you just can't write it.

Template:
Name:
Endowed: (if yes, what is your power)
Position (If applicable. So, Conman or Banker? Mafia or Marketman?)
Languages (can have more then one)
Physical description: (Pictures are allowed, or you can write it. Or a combination of both)
Brief history:

Other notes: Quicksilver is now Bi instead of Gay.

We need Politicians, scientists, and Religious!

I'll start this when we get more people, so get the word out!
Characters:

Endowed/Criminal
The Fox (locks/Thief) -madammina
Septimus Vain (Youth Vampire/Mafia Boss)
Siria (sense threats/Triad member)-UsagiOkami
Dominique L'Heure (Physical manifestations of vices and virtues/Mafia French)-Org_42
Griselda Giacomo (Hypnosis/ Assasin/ German Italian)-madammina
Eric Clannan (Water/assassin/English. Also Crazy)-KingdomKeyLight
Nero (Communication/Spy/Spanish) - Razputen

Unendowed/Criminal
Quicksilver (conman)-DoomOreo

unEndowed/Civilian
Wally Vizzinni (Aura's Wife/merchant Italian)
Rin (Japanese, police assistant)-UsagiOkami
Brother Augustine of Alexandria (Egyptian, Monk, Italian Coptic Latin) - madammina
Pasha Simon Betancourte de San Orleans (Pasha, Ottoman)- Azrael

Endowed/Civilian
Aura (is The Fox/Merchant's wife) -madamina
Ryu (Bum/has a magical book, but not endowed himself) -Infinite Complex
Gene Reeves (Shopkeeper, former criminal/ice) -Infinite Complex
Devin (sense lies, Policeman, French) - Usagi Okami
Manami Yoshiko (alchemy, Baker, Japanese living in England) -Sugar Rush
Shale Shultz (Youth, Politician, German)-Kingdom Key Light

Last edited:

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Noting that sanity is a point of view... Mine is s
So how does the language thing work exactly?

Name: Siria
Endowed: Has the ability to sense when there is a threat: Her endowment allows her to detect threats to whatever person or object she so chooses, it also allows her to see what the threat is and what form it takes.
Position: Triad member
Description: Siria
Personality: Siria is quiet, abnormally so, those who have met her would even go as far as to say she is mute -but then she will say something usually just a word or two- but soon learn otherwise when she decides to utter a word or two; She doesn't see the point in speaking when there is nothing to talk about and so usually just keeps quiet until she has something to say which isn't all that often.
Bio: Not much is known about Siria apart from that she is a part of the assassin group known as the Triad, they will work for whoever pays the most and at the moment that is the Mafia. No one apart form Siria herself knows her full history as all who could tell it to you where murdered long ago, the other members of the Triad could tell you a few things but nothing that could actually help you learn who she is, most doubt if Siria is even her real name.

All that the Police know is that she seems to have first been seen in Paris but otherwise nothing is known, most even give different descriptions of her since very few actually get a good look at her.

Name: Devin
Endowed: Can tell when someone is lieing.
Position: Detective for Police
Description: Devin
Personality: Devin has a rather laid back personality that some would even call devil-may-care but he couldn't care less about that; He likes to take things in stride and finds that things always work out as they should if he doesn't try to fight the flow. Most find him incompetent but they can't argue with his results.
Bio: Devin grew up in a rough part of town in which it was not uncommon for there to be deaths piling high and the police to do nothing, his endowment helped him and saved his life on numerous occasions since it allowed him to determine whether or not someone was lieing about something, many a time he heard someone say that they meant him n harm and learned the opposite from his gift. He put his ability to use in life to help the police since he figured that they were so incompetent that the could use his help in even the smallest cases, he later joined the police as a detective to try and better the system that he found to be more then slightly corrupt. He was fine with going solo but headquarters had other plans so instead he got paired with a rather shy little girl who packed a punch none-the-less, he has an apartment that the two of them live in since it is more space then he needs and since her family lives so far away and he often forgets to pay the bills for the house of the office one floor below, sometimes he wonders if she minds taking care of that stuff but he thinks she just likes to keep busy so doesn't worry about it to much.

Name: Rin
Endowed: N/A
Position: Detective's assistant
Description: Rin
Personality: Rin is a panicky girl, she got assigned as an assistant who doesn't seem to take his job seriously and often forgets to pay the bills and buy food, she has taken it upon herself to make sure everything gets done even if it gets tiresome but she is a good sport about it.
Bio: Rin was an aspiring police officer when she was little but was rejected on the grounds of being to scrawny and not assertive enough, she doesn't like to fight much and is a control freak though and through. She managed to do well in weapons training and by well that means that she can hit a fly in midair with a bullet but no other weapon she uses well, she is completely uncoordinated unless you put a gun in her hands, she has fast reflexes when she needs them but otherwise she drops things often and trips over her own two feet. She found a job in the police over in Paris that would accept her despite her size and strength and took the chance immediately, she already knew French since her parents wanted her to be well-rounded so language wouldn't be an issue which she thinks is one of the reasons they even looked at her application in the first place; She traveled to Paris and writes her family often and luckily was accepted since apparently not many could work with the guy and she found out why later, he is a slob and most likely doesn't even like his job, she thinks he's just in it for the money and likes to give her work to do despite the fact that she does enjoy the ability to exercise control over her surroundings.

Last edited:

madammina

Thanks!

I'll give Devin and Marie French, but what languages does Siria speak?

Also, I want two more characters for myself. Any ideas?

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Oh Siria is now German, and Marie is Japanese.

And how will the languages work exactly? Do we only bold it if we are talking to someone who can't speak it? Or if we speak it at all do we bold it on the off chance someone pops up and can now speak "X" language?

madammina

Okay, didn't see.

It's like this. Aura can speak Italian, so can Wally. When conversing with eachother, it will appear normal (AkA English) as will the parts when People are talking in Basic.

But if They are talking in front of Marie (might want to change the name to something Japanese. Check Babynames.com and I'll need a wiki or something about Japan's relations to the west during the renaissance.) it will appear as

"Ciao Mia Cara" Hello My Dear Wally whispered to Aura.

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Oh okay then! Yeah a name change will be in order for Marie... I have a few that I can use however so that will be easy... Japan's relationship with the west during the Renaissance... Oh dear that will be difficult to find out... I hope Wiki has something...

madammina

I just want the basics. I need to know the relationship so we can do this correctly, particularly with the Brotherhood.

madammina

Not like that...

Does she ever slip into Japanese when speaking French? Chastise him in Japanese? Write Reports in Japanese?

Since this is the French Police force, then they would speak French.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back