• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess *SPOILERS*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sorasking

here is major spoilers of the legend of zelda:twilight princess.hers a link to the website:http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27170

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS!

GAMEPLAY SPOILERS

Spoiler (Highlight to read):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This is a new generation of Link.
The world is one you've never explored.
Zelda is not the same.
In short, every aspect is new."

"The Hyrule you see is brand new. It was found by the descendants of the characters you control throughout the game.
CHARACTER I mean..."
He later said, "You can play as Zelda."
-Hmmh. I hope that will work well, it seems like a bad idea.

"As for the playable characters, chances are...HINT COMING
HINT: A vast percentage of you see one everyday."
And then he eventually said, "You control animals."
-Hmm.. I wonder how that will work. I hope it doesn't blow..

*There will be no traveling to the other world and back to do something like open passage to another place like in Metroid Prime 2. If a temple starts in the normal world, it ends in the normal world.

"Sheik isn't in this game."

"The instrument in this game, does not control the wind, nor turn day to night.
What it will do, is summon your horse to you."

"You can pick up weapons and items dropped from enemies."

"You can run
You can ride
You can walk
The game is tough, you'll probably die...
However, if times get tough, or just for fun...
Take to the skies."
-Aerial transport.. sweet. Even Aonuma hinted about there being some sort of aerial transportaion..

IGN: The world in Twilight Princess is huge. How will Link be able to get around? Is it just by horse, or can he boat and fly, too?
Eiji Aonuma: Oh, no, it wouldn't just be the horse. There are many other ways to move about the game.

IGN: Is there an animal that you can fly?
Eiji Aonuma: You might be able to [laughs].

"The Twilight Realm can be accessed at anytime. Except...in villages, for some reason.
Of course, you can't access it until after the first stint of the game."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVERWORLD SPOILERS

When he was talking about the forest temple, he said.. "It was an area you have seen before."
-Hmmm.. mabye Kiroriki Forest, or the Great Deku Tree..

"The Hyrule you see is brand new. It was found by the descendants of the characters you control throughout the game." (yes, I know I posted this in two different places)
-That is a very interesting statement.. I wonder what he means..

"The Dungeons, they are gorgeous. You can smell the decay on the dying branches. You feel the wind wrapping around Link at all times. The monkeys are extremely well modeled fur, and all. The puzzles are extremely fun, and once again have the same luster of Wind waker, only more involved and more difficult.
It's not about collecting hundreds of keys anymore, every dungeon is self contained. There is a huge central piece that makes up what that dungeon represents...
I could name examples, but alas...NDA.
A subtle clue once more, is...camera angles. An amazing innovation and something you've never seen before. Trust me what you've seen from screens, and video is not what you will see."

"There is a new Hyrule.
Well. If this was a Zelda world. I could jump in my boat sail off to unknown territories and name it the United States...
Right? Get it?"
-Hmmm.. that is another interesting statement.

CONTROLS AND COMBAT SPOILERS

"The horse is extremely easy to control. Nice and smooth, and the whipping is a little different then OOT. You have to keep an eye on the speed/stamina of the horse. And time the whips."

*I asked him about combat.. he said it's basically the same as Wind Waker, but you get to choose what you do, offense, defense and the final blow.
And then he later said, "You have the ability to use offensive, and defensive manuevers. You can smack an enemy with your shield, then loop around behind them and get em in the back."

When asked is the fishing controls were the same, or if the introduced a new system, he replied.. "I can tell you I played it, but I can't tell you anymore than that. I will tell you...things vibrate."

ITEM SPOILERS

"You can combine items, to create new ones. This opens an entire possibility of innovation. I'm sure everyone’s seen the gale 'rang being heaved about. Imagine a bomb combined with it..."

"I only am aware of one other item not yet seen.
The rest remain a mystery."
He was later asked.. "Can you say if its completely new or an upgrade to an older item like the Gale Boomerang?"
And he replied, "Brand New."
And he later said, "No one in the world outside of NOJ, and NOA, and a few others, myself included know this item.
I will give you a small hint just so you can breathe.
It is not a blade, nor a bottle.
It is not a shot of any length.
It instead is used on a lake."
-Hmmm.. I wonder what he means.. anybody got an idea?

**THE "M"s SPOILERS

First of all, I called it "The 'M's" because, well, just read on..

"Midna isn't important."

"Midna is a secondary character she's only with you for the first stint of the game. After such you receive an item which in typical Zelda fashion allows you to walk around the Twilight Realm as Link. Although, you may remove this item and turn back into the wolf anytime you wish. Except in villages...for some reason?"

*He also said that if you return to the twilight realm as a wolf Midna will still be on your back.. so she has to be somthing you always have with you.

"The Master Sword is definitely present, but the name has been completely changed.
Thus, it's there, but not. With the one gold eye, and hilt it looks similar. However, very different at the same time."

-Think about what he said.. then look at this picture..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...Other/midna.jpg

-Also, read this.. it's from and IGN interview..
IGN: Can the wolf and Midna separate at any time or are they glued together when Link enters the Twilight Realm?
Eiji Aonuma: In the Twilight Realm when Link is a wolf, he and Midna will always be together. Gradually, as Twilight gets pushed back and light is revealed, Link will transform back into human form and then there would be a partnership between he and Midna in a slightly different sense.

IGN: So Midna can exist outside of the Twilight Realm?
Eiji Aonuma: Yes, if you go with the strictest definition of exist then yes, she can exist in normal Hyrule. But there is a certain kind of subtlety to that which I can't reveal at this point in time.

He also said.. "Diman = Dorsw" Which translates to Midna = Sword

"Midna is your weapon in the game. It's just been transformed within the Twilight Realm."

-Yeah, Midna is the Master Sword.

("M"s = Midna and the Master Sword)

OTHER SPOILERS

"As for the intelligence of the enemies. You won't believe me but...this is going to be the hardest Zelda yet. Trust me not even five minutes into the forest dungeon I start hearing this ":beep:beep:". I'm thinking whats that soun...WOAH! I'm actually going to die! Awesome! I hadn't died once since Wind Waker.
They are quicker, they respond faster. The plants are very gross and awesome to watch wriggle around. If you use the boomerang the following whirlwind will rip them out of the ground with a satisfying "SWICK!" then slams back down to the ground, where you can finish them off."

"The Twilight Realm affects anything it touches."

*The game will be on two disks.

*Nintendo still hasn't decided where this game falls on the Zelda timeline, before or after Wind Waker.

"There are absolutely NO load times. If you can believe it. The overworld is more akin, im my opinion, to the earlier Zeldas. Feels like LTTP on crack. That was my first feeling watching this beautiful vista."

"60+ Hours just for your first time, not worrying about sidequests."

"More than 5 duengons"

"The dungeons, have beautiful new camera angles. Which make everything more immersive. The camera will zoom in tigher the more frantic your attacks become..."
-That sounds really cool..

- KEY -
** Highly recommended.
* Spoiler that was in a topic that was deleted, so I was not able to copy his text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back