• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Revolution Begins

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reneeski

Note: Please keep your flaming to a minimum, im still very new at writing stories

The Revolution Begins

Chapter One​

A group of five huddled around the fire in an old, shabby house in the center of the city Ragna, trying to decide where to recruit new members for the slow growing revolution against the Dictator Praeno. “I say we go to the alleyways; there are plenty of people there with grudges against his Lowness.” Pent, the leader of this small band of halfway-men offered up. “I told you before, they will never agree to us. We ask too much and they are to poor. The only thing we will get from them most likely is some bruises. We should go to the docks; you heard what happened to Barc’s place, the people were furious.” Frantisek, the brain, argued. “No, we need to go to the market. The more people the better the odds.” Muyno, the brawn, said without much emotion-he was never into strategies. “Too many guards, we’d be arrested before we could corner a guy.” Frantisek pointed out matter-of-factly.
They all turned to look at Cor, who was staring deep into the flames. “It’s true we need more people...”He couldn’t finish his sentence before Pent broke in. “Are you mad? Try to recruit in a place with that many guards could get us killed! Do you not know how many ar-” Cor cut Pent off, “I know how many arrests are made there. I know how hard it is to try to start a revolution without word getting out to the League. I know it’s dangerous. If I didn’t I wouldn’t have stayed.” A silence followed, before Frantisek broke it, “He has a point, we can fight or run if need be. I say we go to the market. We will have better chances there.” Muyno nodded his head in agreement and after another moment or two of silence Pent finally agreed, “Fine, but not very long. That place gives me the feeling of robbing a military camp.” As the odd looking group of mismatched people made their way through the crowds of people to the market, Cor remembered the day he first met Pent and the others.
It was a few months ago, Cor, an only child and orphan of at 15, had stolen from a baker’s stand and was being chased by three guards and the baker himself. He was crashing his way through sales stand, there owners, and potential buyers, unable to see with his shaggy black hair covering his dark brown eyes. As his pursuers gained, Cor was suddenly pulled into an alley by a large teenager, at least 17. By his side he saw a tall boy with blonde hair with demanding blue eyes, about 19, and a skeleton of a boy whose dusty brown hair covered the top of his lenses and his intelligent gray eyes. They all made motions for Cor to be silent, which he obeyed immediately. Once the guards and the puffing baker passed, Cor removed himself from the larger boy’s grip. “What do you want?” He demanded. “We are here to help; our group is called The Remainders.”
The grey-eyed boy explained everything. His name was Frantisek, the blonde boy was Pent, and the big one with redder than red hair and so many freckles that it made his tawny brown eyes blend in with his skin was called Muyno. They wanted Cor to join their group, a small revolutionary movement. They had others in this movement, but they we’re all out in different areas of the country looking for followers. Frantisek explained that the groups name “The Remainders” meant that they were the only ones left who had sense to stand up to Dictator Praeno. Cor agreed, and here they were now, finding more people who, just like them, have the sense to stand up to the outrageous things their leader calls for.
Cor was suddenly brought back to the present when he heard a loud shout and the clang of metal. It took them all a second to find out where the clatter was coming from. A few more shouts came and what the group saw shocked them. A girl dressed in common breeches and a short-sleeved shirt was running from at least five guards. She spirited past the dazed boys, her dark brown hair flowing out behind her. Cor noticed she was carrying a silver necklace chain, with some sort of amulet on it. The mystery girl was outrunning the guards easily, but when one of them pulled out his crossbow, she leapt over a stone wall and was gone.

♦♦♦♦​

They stood there in awe, and then Pent just barely whispered, “We need her!” Frantisek took the lead of the group; he knew the alleys better than anyone else. Skirting carefully around the guards, the Remainders made there way around the wall, not making a sound, and looking for any signs of the mystery girl. Cor tried fiercely to remember what she looked like. Long, dark hair, legs of an antelope that moved with the grace of a swan, trousers- that he was unable to forget- but her face; why couldn’t he picture her face?
Frantisek stopped suddenly, causing Cor to crash into Muyno. Pent held a finger up to his lips, his eyes were angry, yet foggy. Biting his lip, Cor looked around his friends, only to bite down harder. There was the girl! She was sitting against a dead end wall of the alley; he could hear her heavy breathing from where he stood. The dim light and her long hair made it impossible to see her face. It was obvious what they were all thinking: How do we get her attention without making her run? That was answered when Muyno lost his balance and made the trash next to his swollen feet clatter.
She stood abruptly, and Cor tried not to gasp out loud. Dark bangs curved gently around her cheeks, gently framing her heart-shaped face; which was covered with crisscrossing scars all over, and there were multiple scars on her throat as well; but it was her eyes that made his heart pound achingly against his ribs. The best emerald in this world or any other could not compare to her eyes; they were so beautiful, so strong, it was heartbreaking to see the fear in them. Quickly that fear turned into anger.
“Go away!” Even with the rage in her voice, it still sounded like music. “Please, we just want to ta-” Pent tried to explain, but was just cut off by her. “I don’t want to talk to you, or anybody else! I didn’t steal anything, so there is nothing to talk about!” If she was an animal, Cor would have bet everything he had that she would be snarling. “We’re not here to talk about that.” Frantisek pleaded, “We have a proposition for you.” Her head snapped in Cor’s direction, and his heart stuttered for a moment. “Well? I’m listening.”

♦♦♦♦​

more will come eventually

paoupu girl

All this violence makes a statement
yay, I finally found this :D yay, I actually stopped being lazy and looked for it :D

I still think that this is really, really good Reni ^^
You should do more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back