• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► The Shadow of the Wind

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicero

Visionary
TheShadowOfTheWind.jpg
Wikipedia
'The novel, set in post- Spanish Civil War Barcelona, concerns a young boy, Daniel. Just after the war, Daniel's father takes him to the secret Cemetery of Forgotten Books, a huge library of old, forgotten titles lovingly preserved by a select few initiates. According to tradition, everyone initiated to this secret place is allowed to take one book from it, and must protect it for life. Daniel selects a book called The Shadow of the Wind by Julián Carax.'

Didn't bother searching for threads.

Just started in this book, and wow...its truly a work of art. The way of describing the story is genius. It wasn't meant to be a funny book, but I can't help my smiling when I'm reading. Works of art tend to do that. Agreed?

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I got this as a present from my parents for good exam results, but didn't read it till 2 years later (astonishingly). But it was worth the wait, as it were.

It's extremely evocative, with some fantastically memorable characters and scenes. There was almost an element of film noir in there. I also liked the whole idea of a book being at the centre of this uh...book; pretty unusual.

It's the type of book that you read in a couple of sittings because you can't stop reading...but then again I'm not 100% sure that's a good thing - as I remember there was a bit of gratuitous plot twisting going on, but it's been a while since I've read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back