• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The whereabouts of the Soul Eater...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

neon6

After the Luxord battle, when talking to Riku (or Rikunort as some have labled), he'll say: "Hmph. Not bad. You've grown strong in that you don't need the Soul Eater or the power of Darkness yet."
Now maybe it's possible that this is a translation error (remember Bleig?). Or maybe it is forshadowing what happened to the Soul Eater. Either way you should see it for yourself in the original NA release of KH2. Like I said talk to Riku after fighting Luxord.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
OK so whats your point? Riku is just saying he thinks he is stronger than Sora with the Soul Eater. And i thought it was Way to Dawn. The whole thing with Riku's keyblade confusses me

Boukyaku

Website
www.youtube.com
To Mr. Zexion: Riku wielded Soul Eater long before Xehanort's Heartless was inside him. It's likely Maleficent gave it to him, as you see him with it in Traverse Town. I'm not trying to get onto you, I'm just saying.

As for the Soul Eater/Way to the Dawn thing... I think in a Nomura interview (maybe something else, I'm not sure) it was said that Soul Eater transformed into Way to the Dawn, and that's the reason for their resemblance to each other. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it went.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
You mean Riku tells Sora that Sora doesnt yet need the Soul Eater?

Soul Eater was a dark version of Riku's twilight keyblade. Way To Dawn was created when Riku didnt want to use the power of darkness anymore. He was no longer a resident of darkness and so his keyblade changed along with him. Way To Dawn is the light version of Riku's twilight keyblade.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
You mean Riku tells Sora that Sora doesnt yet need the Soul Eater?

Soul Eater was a dark version of Riku's twilight keyblade.

Well, it was most probably just simply a weapon of darkness really. Both MX and his apprentice have 'eyes" on their keyblades, just like Soul Eater and WtD...and Soul Eater was never a keyblade...

Way To Dawn was created when Riku didnt want to use the power of darkness anymore. He was no longer a resident of darkness and so his keyblade changed along with him.

He was still kind of a resident to darkness when he was Rikunort, and he had WtD back then. Anyway...he just calls it Soul Eater then because he's been wielding it for so long, as confirmed by Nomura, who has expressed that WtD and Soul Eater are the same thing, that Soul Eater turned into a keyblade. Which leaves two possibilities:

1. Riku's heart caused the transformation (most probably his power to wield keyblades).

2. Riku was chosen by another keyblade, and this keyblade manifested itself through the Soul Eater, creating WtD.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
I was just going to post a thread like this! Looks like I was beat.
I believe that Souleater was Ansem the Wise's sword, and had two edges like in the final battle with Xehanort. But it broke, resulting in Xehanort keeping one and the other being left in Hollow Bastion, where Maleficent claimed it and gave it to Riku. When Xehanort took over his body, he had both of the swords and was able to combine them again for the final battle. So, when Riku got his body back, he had both swords! I've reached this theory because even though he had to use Souleater to make WtD, he still had it because he said that Sora could use it in the future (like in the original post), meaning that there must be two.

Recall that in Birth by Sleep, Ven's keyblade was WtD. Well, when it was frozen with Blizagga and tossed off the cliff, it shattered, leaving only the keychain! So, when the keyblade chose Riku, he only got the keychain, and he merged it with Souleater to create a new WtD.

I think the name makes sense - Riku Replica kind of ate Zexion's soul....Or maybe it just sounds cool. :thumbsup:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I was just going to post a thread like this! Looks like I was beat.
I believe that Souleater was Ansem the Wise's sword, and had tw edges like in the final battle with Xehanort.

1. That's a staff/baton, not a sword.

2. Why would a scholar have a weapon? Unless it was something he was experimenting on...

So, when Riku got his body back, he had both swords! I've reached this theory because even though he had to use Souleater to make WtD, he still had it because he said that Sora could use it in the future (like in the original post), meaning that there must be two.

No...he just meant that he thought Sora wouldn't need his help as much as he thought he might...

Recall that in Birth by Sleep, Ven's keyblade was WtD. Well, when it was frozen with Blizagga and tossed off the cliff, it shattered, leaving only the keychain! So, when the keyblade chose Riku, he only got the keychain, and he merged it with Souleater to create a new WtD.

No.

1. Ven never had that keyblade at all. WtD didn't exist back then. I think the words "symbolism" and "concept video" apply.

2.Ven's keyblade didn't have a keychain to begin with, and it looked nothing like WtD.

Last edited:

savits721

this is going off of what i remember for it was a long time ago:

at the end of chain of memories for riku's story,
he is faced with the question (i forget from whom, and it is paraphrased): Which way do you go? (in reference to when he and micky are at the crossroads.)

he replies, "i'll take the way to the dawn." (in reference to the middle road. the other two represents light and dark?)

i would jsut suppose that once he decided he would not longer be tempted by darkness for his own good, his soul eater transformed into way to the dawn? i mean he only weilded dark powers in kh2 to beat roxas, for he wasn't strong enough, and to shield his identity from his friends.

that's what i can deduce.

Boukyaku

Website
www.youtube.com
Just remember everyone; Riku had Soul Eater through more than half of KHII. Outside the Mansion in Day 6, he pulled out Soul Eater to fight the Nobodies. In the Land of Dragons, he used Soul Eater against Sora and Shang. Soul Eater apparently turned into Way to the Dawn sometime in-between the events of LoD and TWTNW. Just reminding everyone who thinks he got it at the end of CoM. As to how it changed, I have no idea, I don't think it was ever explained.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Just remember everyone; Riku had Soul Eater through more than half of KHII. Outside the Mansion in Day 6, he pulled out Soul Eater to fight the Nobodies. In the Land of Dragons, he used Soul Eater against Sora and Shang. Soul Eater apparently turned into Way to the Dawn sometime in-between the events of LoD and TWTNW. Just reminding everyone who thinks he got it at the end of CoM.

100% correct.

As to how it changed, I have no idea, I don't think it was ever explained.

Yes, and according to Nomura, there's supposedly no particular reason for it.

Dragoryu

I remember. Like he said, Riku talked about soul eater after the luxord fight, though he had WttD. I've wondered about that. It's kind of an odd error, don't you think?

Sora001

no one is sure what happend with it but after ansem the wise exploded almost everything turned back to normal and some how riku became a keyblade wilder soul eater may have transformed to the next lv or something in to the way to dawn

how did he get soul eater in the first place?

Boukyaku

Website
www.youtube.com
no one is sure what happend with it but after ansem the wise exploded almost everything turned back to normal and some how riku became a keyblade wilder soul eater may have transformed to the next lv or something in to the way to dawn

If you remember, when he was in Xehanort's Heartless' form (or 'Rikunort'), he had Way to the Dawn, before Ansem the Wise's machine exploded.

how did he get soul eater in the first place?

As I said in my first post on this thread, it's likely Maleficent gave it to him. He had it when Sora met him in Traverse Town, after he began following Maleficent.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I remember. Like he said, Riku talked about soul eater after the luxord fight, though he had WttD. I've wondered about that. It's kind of an odd error, don't you think?

It's not an error:

We found out that Riku's Keyblade's name is "Way to the Dawn" when examining his item slots after he joined your party. Is that Keyblade a transfigured version of Soul Eater?

I designed it with that image. Since Riku has always been using Soul Eater, he still calls it that even after it changed form. Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade.

Basically, he's just really used to calling it Soul Eater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back