• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Theory: The poems at the end of Re:CoM foreshadow KH4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Liodin

Awards
Some of you may remember that at the end of Sora and Riku's route in Re:CoM there is a poem.

At first one may think that these poems refer to events from KH2, but if we analyze it well Sora's poem does not reflect any event of KH2, while in Riku's poem one could say that it is directed from him to Sora, because you can see some similarities with what happened in KH2. But if you read carefully you will realize that there are things that do not quite add up.

But if we analyze the poems in the context in which we find ourselves today, I think we can find a deeper meaning.

So that's what I'm going to do:

Sora
There is always sleep between part and meet
with our usual words on the usual street.

So let us part like we always do...
and in a world without you
I'll dream of you.

When I come to, let us meet
with our usual words on the usual street.

For me, this poem is from Kairi to Sora.
Kairi dreaming for a year about Sora, in a world without him, after separating, as they always do....
And when she is ready they will meet again, with their usual words on the streets of Quadratum.

Riku
Beyond the path without you
is a forgotten promise to keep.

We may have walked side by side,
but now we go on back to back.

And though our paths may not cross,
all paths are connected somewhere.

When I arrive at where you are,
we may not appear to be as we were...

But we'll make another promise to keep.

For me, this is a poem from Riku to Sora.
The promise to meet again. Sora found him once, and now it's Riku's turn.
Now separated by different realities, their paths may not cross, but there is always a way when hearts are connected.
And when Riku arrives where Sora is, they will meet again but they may not appear to be as they were.
Maybe they meet an unreal version of them, one with a fictional Sora's heart and a fictional Riku's body, with whom to make another promise.

"I'll save you"

So, what do you think? Will Nomura give a new meaning to the poems as he did with Sora's opening words?
What is your interpretation?

Back