• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Comics ► this is a thread where we jizz about artists we like

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
we've had this thread before, but I'm in a drool-over-art mood so we can have it again

the thread title is pretty self-explanatory. I tagged this under comics, but really, you can post about artists working in fiction in general.

Let's kick this off with some Kentaro Miura. The man is, simply put, one of the best fantasy artists to have ever come out of Japan in the last few decades, if not one of the best in general. His command over proportions, shading, hatching, linework, blacks, are all impeccable, and his vivid imagination to create such brutal, visceral, and profoundly unsettling scenes has been one of my biggest inspirations in my own art.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

An artist who I found very recently whose art almost literally took my breath away is Tsutomu Nihei. I read that he used to be an architecture student, and it shows, because his BG's are amazing. But he also has an incredible design sense. His work in Abara was nothing short of phenomenal. The gauna have some seriously wicked designs.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

will post more as the thread goes on

go go go go

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back