• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Tips for depression

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess-Sammi

I was kinda depressed for a while. Martial arts has probably been the best thing that has helped me. Also, recently I've been feeling kinda meh, so I applied to some universities out east (USA). Mostly out of curiosity. I'm at a community college right now and it's pretty lame. I built myself a better portfolio in the past couple years so I think at least on that level I'm doing alright.
Same here. When I feel depressed and it's not a day that I go to martial arts class, I play Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix - killing all those Unversed is a good way to release tension.

Personally, I bleed out the feeling (not literally, mind you, but figuratively) and just listen to sad songs and write until late into the night.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
whenever you hear the term depression, pull back and think to yourself things you've said to other people in regards to depression. Personally, its rare that I do, because despite things getting to a point where others would normally succumb to depression, I try to be realistic as possible but also find ways to be and remain positive as to not let depression become a hindrance rather than be hypocritical and tell people not to worry so much if that be the case for me one day and thats the only thing I am thinking about/worrying about.

Usually just have that kind of attitude about everything to help, even nearing depression. Or when I actually am depressed, several things can help such as talking to another sympathetic yet rational human being. Friend, or otherwise professional.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Developing an obsession for something seems effective.
Even if it's something as minor as a TV show or music genre, having a connection or drive for something definitely helps clear away negative thoughts and even some stress.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I have a question, I think I may have seasonal depression? Every time around Christmas I get depressed, it's always off and on, so even when I do start feeling happy, it only last a few weeks or less. I know, I should seek help blah blah blah, I was wondering if anyone else here has a similar problem and tips for dealing with it.

Awards
Keeping yourself busy helps a lot, I promise you. Just keep yourself constantly preoccupied and away from just sitting around at home. It's probably one of the most important and helpful things you can do.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Was planning on buying a bike since I don't have a car or nearly enough money for one, once I get it I will never be home, might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back