• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

translation for old pics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Sweet...

I always wondered why donald freaked out at goofy and tried to freeze him.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
It was funny when Donald freezes himself... mambe Sora will come and cast fire on Donald.
It can't be Castle oblivion, though, since it's blue and looks cold.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
I have a vague recollection of translating the first pic to "Don't be half-asleep at a time like this!" or some rough equivalent. My memory may decieve me though. :\

brbrose

pathtotwilight12 said:
http://www.khinsider.com/gallery/img71.htm
donald:hurry! there's no time to lose

It cant be that be that because each japanese characters means like one whole sounds (wa, ba, etc) and the phrasing in the picture makes it seem pretty long so it is probably what lord mune said:

LordMune said:
I have a vague recollection of translating the first pic to "Don't be half-asleep at a time like this!" or some rough equivalent. My memory may decieve me though. :\

but that's just what i think

pathtotwilight12

brbrose said:
It cant be that be that because each japanese characters means like one whole sounds (wa, ba, etc) and the phrasing in the picture makes it seem pretty long so it is probably what lord mune said:

but that's just what i think
well if you think my translations are wrong then you tell me what it is. i wouldn't post something that i'm not sure of

biglipsxi

WhO u ThAnK u DeAliN wIt
in the first pic it has to be hurry! theres no time to lose cuz theres an exclamation point write after the first set of words so it cant be Don't be half-asleep at a time like this

pathtotwilight12

biglipsxi said:
in the first pic it has to be hurry! theres no time to lose cuz theres an exclamation point write after the first set of words so it cant be Don't be half-asleep at a time like this
thank you biglipsxi, some people can be so rude

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
I've looked into the last part of the sentence (took me some time, I'm not very good at kanji yet). It reads "baai ja nai yo!", and the complete sentence translates into something like
"(something)! Don't (something) here/right now/in this case!"
I think the pic I originally translated was a lot less blurry version of that image, thus allowing me to correctly decipher the kanji simply marked as "(something)" here.

EDIT: pathtotwilight, you are wrong in this case, or so it seems. While I haven't bothered looking at the first kanji yet, I've managed to read everyting else.
Neboketeru baai janai yo!
Nebokoteru - (to be) half-asleep
baai - situation, case
janai - negative
Don't be half-asleep at a time like this/you can't be sleepy in this situation/insert synonyms here.

EDIT2: Of course, If you translated this I assume you are more fluent in the language than I am and I would like some pointers/instruction. :p My translation is essentially word-for-word.

EDIT3: typo fixed

EDIT4: I edit too much

EDIT5: I was looking at the first kanji all wrong. You are right, it's "hurry!".
"Hurry! Don't be half asleep in this situation", I would say.

Last edited:

pathtotwilight12

look i got this from a website okay, i try to be nice and give you a few translations. but some people just can't appreciate what i'm trying to do. so why don't you take your kanji language and shove it

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
pathtotwilight12 said:
look i got this from a website okay, i try to be nice and give you a few translations. but some people just can't appreciate what i'm trying to do. so why don't you take your kanji language and shove it

You see, what I don't get is why you're being so hostile. You posted these translations, I corrected one of them. And since it appears you were somehow offended (as illustrated by this post);
pathtotwilight12 said:
well if you think my translations are wrong then you tell me what it is. i wouldn't post something that i'm not sure of
I tried to explain my reasoning. If they were not your translations to begin with, why are you so over-protective when I'm just trying to help?

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Yeah, well, it's better than arguing, as I see it. ;)
To get back on topic;
Castle Oblivion is about the only world not officially announced, but I'll be damned if that first pic doesn't remind me of it. It may just be similar design styles, but... If it is not Castle Oblivion, I want to know exactly where that is. Doesn't exactly look like something that'd turn up in a Disney world or Twilight Town, or even the so-called DD/ASAS world... :\

pathtotwilight12

this was my theory i think that this is where it starts out in castle oblivion. I think donald and goofy just woke up from their pods and goofy was falling asleep (thats why his eyes are half shut). thats why donald starts yelling at goofy and i think their waiting on sora to get out of his pod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back