• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Turnabout Artifact (Phoenix Wright/Warehouse 13. Spoilers for PW)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
AHA!" The lawyer held a piece of jade in one hand, and stared at his witness. He smiled at something only he could see, as the witness broke down and started to confess.

"Artie! We got an unknown artifact here." Claudia, the stripe her her hair died a deep- but not bright- pink today looked up from the steam punk computer screen. "And it's in California, nice!"

"Now, what if it's some movie star that got, Marilyn Monroe's mascara or something." Pete- aptly described as cute but annoying- fell into a leather chair in the Warehouse's office. His brown eyes and hair not quite blending in with the surrounding décor.

"That's already been bagged and tagged. The mascara causes people to surround you." Artie, the gruff keeper of the warehouse bustled into the room. He bent over Claudia's shoulder and eyed the location. "Alright, we can get you tickets to be there. The artifact has unknown powers, but seems to pop up in the hands of a lawyer fairly often. A defense lawyer."

Several hours later, Pete and his partner Myka- who had appropriately dressed for the hot climate- stared at the small building that was overshadowed by a large and fancy hotel.

"This is the place, right?" Pete asked, "what floor?"

"The fifth I think, Are you getting a vibe?"

"Er, maybe... there's SOMETHING up there." Pete moved towards the door and to the elevator.

"HI! Welcome to Wright and Co law offices, can I get you anything?" Myka blinked at the four people in there, the one with the spiky hair was the only one that was "Normal". Either way, a man in a blue suit with spiky hair sat on the sofa of the crowded room, a law book open his lap. Sitting in a hard chair across from him was a man about the same age with silver hair, a maroon suit, and a ruffled cravat. Two girls also worked in the office, both wearing kimonos. One, the one who had greeted them, wore a purple kimono, and had black hair pulled up into a topknot. The other girl was about ten and wore a similar- though lighter- kimono and had brown hair pulled into a dual circle type of hairstyle.

"Hi, er, I'm Pete, and this is Myka, we work for the secret service." Both pulled out their ID, the silver haired man walked over to make sure the ID was legitimate.

"Ah, I see. My name is Miles Edgeworth." He politely shook both of their hands, while he radiated control.

"And I'm Phoenix Wright." The man in the blue suit also shook their hands, though he seemed more casual and embarrassed about it. "And that's Maya and Pearl Fey."

"Come on Nick, don't treat us so casually!" Maya huffed, she must be the one the black hair. Pete started to make eyes at her, but she seemed a bit more interested in "Nick". "you wouldn't be able to solve your cases without us!" Edgeworth didn't respond, but Phoenix and Maya glared at eachother for a bit.

"Wright, I believe these agents are your customers, or at the very least your guests. Would you care to give them some of your attention."

"We're just looking for something with powers." To Pete's utter surprise, Phoenix answered right away.

"The Magatama? Why would you want that?" Phoenix crossed his arms and stared at the two agents. "Maya gave it to me as a gift when she was arrested for murder. All it does is it lets you see when people lie to you, and lets you know how close you are to getting them to reveal the truth."

"Or some form of the truth." Edgeworth growled, stabbing a cucumber sandwich with a fork. "Larry and his psycholocks..."

"Oh, yeah, I forgot I gave it to you too." Phoenix mused, before turning back to Pete and Myka. "Anyway, I'm not giving it up."

"Wait up, psycholocks?" Pete butted in. He heard a sigh from behind and Pearl spoke up.

"He means a psychelock, I don't know how they manifest though."

"The Kurain locks." Phoenix immediately responded, and Pearl gave a soft "oh" as a response. This was making no sense, but as Pete turned to Myka to ask about how they should continue, a vibe ripped through him, something about her... something bad.

"Myka, let's go."

"Pete, we haven't-"

"I got a vibe" he whispered. "Let's go."

"You don't need to hide it." Pearl spoke up, causing Pete to jump. "Maya and I channel spirits." At this, Edgeworth's face hardened and Phoenix looked embarrassed. "Well, it's true!"

"Pearls, it's just not something you just say." Phoenix tried to explain, as Myka and Pete made their escape.

"So it's called a "Magatama" Artie asked as the Farnsworth crackled. "And it-"

"Allows you to see when people lie. Artie, what do you want us to do? He's not going to give it up, and I don't want to just take it."

"Wait, wait and see." Artie replied as the Farnsworth vibrated. "Maybe you can convince him to give it up."

Phoenix Wright woke up the next morning with a pounding on the door to his office.

"Hang on, hang on, I'm coming..." He opened the door to see the agent from yesterday- Pete something- standing there on his doorstep.

"You got to help us." Pete gasped, "Myka's been arrested for murder."

Myka sat behind the mirror at the Detention center. She was wearing the red shirt she wore yesterday, and seemed a little surprised to see so many people there.

"Pete? Thank goodness. Can you tell them I didn't do it!" Myka half pleaded to her partner.

"What are they accusing you of, Miss Berring?" Phoenix asked, his attorney badge pinned to his blue coat.

"Murdering some girl." She tapped her forehead with the heel of her hand. "All I know is I went out, I heard some commotion, and then when I pulled my gun to investigate I got arrested by a guy with a green coat."

"Detective Scruffy!" Pearl shouted, looking positive joyful. "I missed him!"

"Miss Berring" Phoenix started.

"Call me Myka"

"Okay, Myka, what were you doing out?"

"I... I can't..." Phoenix blinked as every color around him inverted and chains surrounded Myka revealing 2 locks over her body. I'll get back to that one later.

"All right then. Do you want me to be your defense attorney?" Myka frowned for a second.

"Do you think Mrs. Fredrick's will?"

"Artie was Artie, if this goes to trial... well at least we'll get a fair chance."

"I don't know about that." Edgeworth entered in from the back and walked towards the glass. "Here cases must be decided in 3 days, the defense is only allowed to cross, and conviction for murder means death by hanging." Edgeworth turned to face Phoenix. "I submitted my name for prosecution, but apparently some scientists said that there would be a high risk of Earthquakes all week and as they remember what happened during the Temple case, I am removed from the Prosecution, and the Police department property." Phoenix- though Edgeworth looked bitter - nodded as Pete began to splutter.

"You're a... a PROSECUTOR?"

"Yes, yes I am." he turned to face Pete. "I have returned to the US briefly during my tour of other countries and their law programs." He turned back to Wright. "But we have a larger problem ahead of us. The Prosecutor is Godot."

"Godot? But I thought he... what DID happen to him after that case?"

"Probation, it turns out. Due to the fact he was attempting to save your life, Maya, and that he fought for himself to be declared guilty he was put on probation. And since there are no other prosecutors currently available he's being drafter to be the prosecutor for the case." Miles pulled some paperwork out of his pocket. "This is the paperwork for being Miss Berring's attorney. I shall meet you at the crimescene. "

"Myka" Phoenix began after Edgeworth left. "Is there anything else you should tell us?"

"I was barely even walking by! Why am I?"

"I believe the motto this month at the Police station is 'Quck Arrest" " But she does have a point, how long was that commotion? If it was only a minute or less, the police shouldn't have showed up.

Myka fell quiet after that, so the group left for the alley where the crime happened. A few trashcans had been toppled over in the commotion, and a steam punk type gun rested by the body. A

"Sorry, pal, you know I can't divulge any information to you." Gumshoe explained patiently, and scratched the back of his head. "You're a civilain."

"And I am not." Miles responded as he walked around the crime scene. "Shall we begin?" Phoenix began to poke around the crime scene, looking for clues, but when he reached for the steampunk gun.

"Sorry, that's mine. It's equipment." Pete butted in and tried to grab it. Phoenix hastily stuffed it into his pocket. "I really do need it."

"What is it?" Phoenix asked. Pete sighed then responded.

"It's called a Tesla gun. It shoots out electricity, it's for stunning subjects. Sort of like a stun gun." Phoenix nodded, but didn't give it back. "It's Mine."

"It's evidence."

"I'll tell Detective Gumshoe."

"You would still lose it." Phoenix grinned as Pete glowered, then Pete jumped as some buzzing came from his pocket.

"Pete! You haven't checked it. Have you got the Magatama yet? Artie was just as irratble as normal, which means he hadn't heard.

"No, Artie we ran into a problem."

"He still won't give it up? Claudia do-"

"No, Artie, Myka's been arrested for murder." The line went silent, the only thing that could be heard was Phoenix Wright talking to Gumshoe.

"But... but how?"
"I don't know. They only thing we've been able to find out is she heard a commotion as she was walking by an alley, went into it to investigate, and was arrested soon after."

"The timing is suspicious.."

"We know. The only other thing we know is that someone named 'Godot' is the prosecutor and that both Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth were surprised he was picked. He must have done something but I'm not sure what."

"Well you watch Phoenix Wright to see how the Artifact works. And I'm sending Claudia down there right now."

"CALIFIRNIA BABY!" Claudia shouted and Pete saw her pump her fist in the background.

"You are working to help get Myka freed. Pete, work to gather information too."

"Do you have another Tesla? Ours was... confiscated as evidence."

"You LOST the Tesla? Pete, get it back." And Artie closed the connection. Pete sighed.

"YES!" Pete shuddered as he turned around to see Phoenix grasping an envelope in his hands. "The Autopsy report!"

" You said you wouldn't say where you got it!" Gumshoe yelled back.

"Er..." Pete walked over and began to but in. "Isn't the prosecution supposed to release all of the information to the defense anyway?" Gumshoe looked baffled and Edgeworth apparently didn't hear him. "Anyway, what does it say?"

"Name, Revanche Weston. Time of Death: Midnight to 1 AM. Cause of Death: stabbed, but electrocution is possible around very close around ToD. she..." Phoenix looked up. "She was a judge." Edgeworht and Gumshoe walked over after hearing that bit. "I never worked in front of her, did you?" Gumshoe shook his head, but Edgeworth frowned thoughtfully.

"I haven't, but Manfred Van Karma mentioned her once." His face grew dark for a second. "Apparently she was involved with a case about 10 years ago. It was a murder case. Someone had murdered this business man to get some money or something. The defense lawyer was the persons brother. The lawyer brother swore revenge when his brother was found guilty. He wasn't the prosecutor though, so I have a feeling the brother was actually guilty." Pete frowned at this pronouncement, but just went with it. "Do you have enough evidence?"

"Do I ever have enough evidence? Anyway, We can see if Myka knew this person." Phoenix turned to leave but noticed something flutter out of Pete's coat. "Pete?"

"Oh, that's." Pete went to grab it back, but Phoenix got it first.

"You're an..."

"Yeah. Myka knows but I'd rather not have it get around." Phoenix nodded.

Phoenix walked into the detention center alone, turned towards Myka and stated

"You were at a bar" instantly her Psych locks broke.

"yes." she admitted with relief. "now, can we get onto business?"

"Yeah." Phoenix agreed and began shuffling through his paperwork and items. "Ever met a 'Revanche Weston?"

"No. All I know is I was walking past the alley after getting something to drink. I heard this commotion and ran to see if I could help. Next thing I know there is a blade in a woman's back, a wire on the ground, and some police arresting me." Myka put her head into her hands. "Now what?"

"Now we try to prove who else did it. I believe your innocent." She gave a smile.

"Thanks. So, what's your evidence?"

"Well, I have footprints that need to be analyzed, a little blood, the weapon, the gun Pete wants back
and a disk of information."

"And you can hand it to me." Claudia Donovan waltzed into the room. "What's up Myka? Artie sent me over to help you out." She grabbed a chair from the back wall and pulled it over to sit on cross legged. Myka opened her mouth to respond, but was pulled away by the police for more questioning.

"Er... let's get back to my office then." Phoenix really didn't get this group. "And you are?"

"Claudia Donovan. Techie extraordinaire. And I'm here to back you up as you need me. So, you need that disk?" With a smile she fished it out of Phoenix's pockets and slipped it into her own. "I brought my laptop with me. It's back at your office."

Phoenix knew something was wrong as soon as he entered the office. Maya was quiet.

"Oh, hey Mrs. F." Claudia greeted a new woman. She was a tall, middle aged African American woman with her hair up in a bun. Despite that, her casual look rivaled Edgeworth's glare.

"Mr. Wright, you appear to have one of my agents in your care. Correct?" the only thing Phoenix could do was nod. "Then take care of Miss Berring." She stood up to leave. "And Miss Berring does know Revanche Weston." With that, she walked out of the door, and disappeared.

What you liked, didn't and how I can improve please!

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Ah so this has been what your up to. Really good dispite I know nothing of the show and the game. So don't ask me about anything please Mina. I'm bad at judging things.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Two amazing things put in one!!!
I LOVE WAREHOUSE 13!!! I liked the story but there were some grammatical errors that interrupted the syntax.But other than that awesome job Mina♥

madammina

You do? You really do? (I haven't gotten much feedback on DA) And it's JUST grammar? No one was acting out of character or anything?

What grammar issues were there?

AND ANOTHER WAREHOUSE FAN! YAY!

(This whole thing started with the DA Warehouse group running a contest. I hope I win)

madammina

Part 2

"You're sure you don't know her?" Phoenix asked Myka in the courtroom. The trial began at ten. He was still trying to puzzle out what Mrs. Fredrick had meant. Myka hadn't tripped the magatama yesterday, so she hadn't actually MET Ms. Weston, but still.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Mr. Wright." A man stood in front of Phoenix. Even without the coffee mug in his hand, Phoenix knew who it was.

"Hello God- Prosecutor Armando." The man's face flickered, well what Myka could see of it anyway. The man's spiked hair was pure white, but his voice and his face betrayed him to be rather young, mid thirties at most. His ears were pierced, and he wore a red shirt with a black tie and black armbands. What stuck out though was a mask he wore. Large and metal, it covered his face from his forehead to midway down his nose. 4 small lines were slashed across it, each in a different color. It felt like it should have been massive, but instead it conformed fairly closely to his face and it came off as some kind of bizarre Halloween mask then anything else.

"And you must be the kitten, Myka Berring?" The man gave a smile. "I promise to be gentle."

"And you should know that prosecutors and the defendants-"

"Your lawyer is right there. Anyway, I just came to wish you luck." He frowned. "I don't know why I was assigned either. I knew Revy. She was a good girl." He looked around for a second as he came to himself. "Is-"

"Not right now, no. If Mia does appear I'll ask if she wants to say hi though." Phoenix replied, and a blush settled on Armando's cheeks. "You might want to get going. You'll want to paint a favorable impression for the judge."

"Yeah. See you Wright." And Armando walked off.

"What was that about?" Myka asked Phoenix. "Why did-"

"That's Diego Armando. Prosecutor, coma survivor, and murdered Mia and Maya's mom who was channeling a sociopathic spirit in order to protect Maya." Myka blinked. "He wanted to be convicted but I have no idea how he'll treat us in there."

The gavel pounded.

"The court is now in session for the trial of Myka Berring."

"The Prosecution is ready, Your Honor."

"The Defense is ready, Your Honor."

"I see our defendant is a Secret Service Agent?"

"That is correct, Your Honor." Phoenix replied. "Her badge is in the Court Record if you wish to see it."

"I will later.. And Mr. Godot? What are you doing here?"

"It's Armando, you're honor. And for some reason I am the only prosecutor available. So, I have the job." He sipped his coffee, then thrust the coffee holding hand out dramatically towards Phoenix. "But don't think I'll go easy on you!"

"I'm sure that throwing coffee is unnecessary, Armando. Alright then, first witness?"

"My name is Dick Gumshoe. I'm in charge of the case at the local precinct." Detective Gumshoe stood at the witness stand, as proud as he could be.

"Continue with your testimony then." Armando ordered, and so Gumshoe went.

"The Victim was facing the wall here and then the defendant came up behind her and stabbed her."

"OBJECTION! Detective Gumshoe, Where did she get the weapon to stab the victim?"

"Maybe she had it on her, and it was her only weapon?" Phoenix pulled out her badge.

"This is her Secret Service badge. This means she has a gun and carries it with her at all times. Why didn't she shoot the victim?"

"Because, Wright, maybe she didn't want to make the noise? Or maybe she has a fear of shooting since what happened to her last partner." Myka felt her face turn bright red. She bit her tongue to keep from yelling back though.

"OBJECTION! Her past is not on trial today. She's instead trying to prove her innocence. And right now the prosecution has yet to even provide a..." Phoenix fizzled off halfway through. "Please tell me you're experiencing Deja vu too." Armando nodded.

"It took you long enough. No, I had nothing to do with this. And the weapon was found in the body. It's a rather strong steak knife."

"Can we check for fingerprints?"

"Already have, it's been wiped or was held by a glove."

"OBJECTION! Myka wasn't wearing gloves."

"OBJECTION! She could have dumped them!"

"OBJECTION! She was arrested only a minute after the incident happened. She would have tried to run, not dump the gloves. And they weren't on her body when captured."

"What WERE the police doing there?" Godot mused. "Gumshoe, expand your testimony."

"Oh, we had received a tip that someone was going to try to kill someone in the alley at a certain time."

"Who told you?" Phoenix demanded, but Gumshoe scratched the back of his head.

"Sorry, I don't know. They didn't give their name and they hung up. It was a man though. And not the guy she was with earlier."

"What guy?" Armando asked.

"Pete. Her partner Pete."

"Send him over to be prepared. Gumshoe, anything else to tell us?"

"The footprints have been analyzed, showing three people have been in that alleyway in the last five hours. And there was a wire on the ground that may have provided the electric shock." Phoenix groaned in response and held his head in his hands.

"PLEASE tell me no one channeled Dahlia again." He muttered. Maya shook her head.

"Not as far as I know anyway. I warned all of the acolytes against her too."

"Anyway, you still haven't even mentioned WHY Miss Berring would want to kill Ms. Weston!"

"Her father." Armando responded simply. "She was the judge in a law case over his bookshop a few years ago."

"In COLORADO SPRINGS?" Myka burst out. She could hear Claudia mutter something about Twizzlers behind her.

"Defendant!" The judge reprimanded her, and she fell silent. "We shall take a ten minute break while her partner Pete is being prepared. " and he pounded the gavel.

"So what's the deal with Colorado springs?" Phoenix asked as Myka ate a Twizzler.

"It's where I'm from." she replied after she swallowed. "I didn't really talk to my parents a few years ago, so I just heard they were having trouble. I didn't know the name of the judge or what the case was about." Phoenix nodded as he thought. "What are they going to ask Pete about?"

"I don't know... What does he know?"

"Nothing, really. I just left him to get the drink. Next thing I know I'm arrested."

"And he went to me. Why did he come to me?"

"We work for the government, we don't really care to know defense attorneys. You were probably the first one he thought of."

"Point taken. Anyway, ready to go?"

A

Artorius Rex

Quite a few grammatical errors and again, there's not much description? Am I supposed to guess what these characters look like or what?

HI??

Er, what did you like, not like, and how I can improve?

Oh I'm sorry! One of my first posts and all!

Overall it was pretty good, I can't really say what I liked or disliked about it. I think it's way too early for me to make a judgment on it though it might be good for you to be more vivid when you're describing like the setting and time of the story, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back