• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drachyench

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (EDIT: Mark of Chaos now too!)

http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/home/index.php

This videogame looks like it'll be great when it finally comes out next year. been cancelled too dang much(This is at least the third version, the first one what started in 2001).

By the way, to those less intelligent out there, Warhammer is NOT copying off Blizzard by stealing thier Orcs. Want proof? I got a Warhammer book here that dates 1991 featuring Orcs with little Design change to modern Warhammer Orcs. So please, no claiming Warhammer copied off Blizard, I have to deal with that SO much in other forums...

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Tell me when they make a Warhammer 40k MMORPG, and I might be interested.

I always found it annoying that people would harp on Warhammer and Warhammer 40k for being "unoriginal" when they preceeded Warcraft and Starcraft by years.

Drachyench

Square Ninja said:
Tell me when they make a Warhammer 40k MMORPG, and I might be interested.

I always found it annoying that people would harp on Warhammer and Warhammer 40k for being "unoriginal" when they preceeded Warcraft and Starcraft by years.

Agreed.

And a 40K MMO might be a little hard, unless they tossed aside the main storyline and novel work and all. Space Marines would be daftly overpowered as a starting race, as would chaos. Most likely, it would be something along the lines of Imperial Guard, Eldar, Orks, and 'Nids as playable races, with Eldar and Imperial Guard having the choice between Good and Evil, with the other 2 Neutral. Still, as I just proved, it could be done.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Drachyench said:
Agreed.

And a 40K MMO might be a little hard, unless they tossed aside the main storyline and novel work and all. Space Marines would be daftly overpowered as a starting race, as would chaos. Most likely, it would be something along the lines of Imperial Guard, Eldar, Orks, and 'Nids as playable races, with Eldar and Imperial Guard having the choice between Good and Evil, with the other 2 Neutral. Still, as I just proved, it could be done.

What about the Tau and the Necrons?

Necrons ftw

Drachyench

Square Ninja said:
What about the Tau and the Necrons?

Necrons ftw

Necrons would start out with Uber Weapons and endurance. Only disadvantage they'd have would be slow speeds. And if you upgraded to wraiths or Flayer-Kin...

Tau would have decent armor and weapons, but something tells me people wouldn't like the fact that it's game over when attacked in melee.

Drachyench

Square Ninja said:
I see more problems with the Space Marines than any other "race." They're the strongest individual troops in the cosmos.

Yeah, they'd have to do some crazy shite to ballance it out.

Alright, since I don't feel like starting a new thread, now we'll also talk about Warhammer: Mark of Chaos here too.

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teckUbABD_A

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Drachyench said:
Yeah, they'd have to do some crazy shite to ballance it out.

Then you'd have hardcore fans bitching about how inaccurrate it is to the tabletop game. They even bitched about Dawn of War. You can imagine what they'd think of balancing Space Marines with Eldar troops.

Drachyench

Square Ninja said:
Then you'd have hardcore fans bitching about how inaccurrate it is to the tabletop game. They even bitched about Dawn of War. You can imagine what they'd think of balancing Space Marines with Eldar troops.

True.

For some reason, I keep seeing the Sigmar Priest in the Mark of Chaos intro replacing Borimir in LoTR.

Drachyench

Square Ninja said:
I was more interested in that badass hooded figure that saved him.
You mean the shadow Warrior that sniped the Aspiring Champion and beat-down 2 Chaos Warriors in hand to hand? That's to be expected, he's an Elf. Elfs are naturally good fighters. But a Human though, taking on at least 3 Chaos Warriors, then willingly charging a Greater Demon of Khorne? Both characters could be SMs in 40K.

Drachyench

Something tells me there has been minimal Warhammer stuff in this Forum outside this thread.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Drachyench said:
Something tells me there has been minimal Warhammer stuff in this Forum outside this thread.

That's because Warhammer's inherent awesomeness is far too concentrated for most users on this forum. It's pretty obvious when you see dozens of threads nursing on Nomura's phallus, but nothing even close to Warhammer. I can get away with saying this, because no one outside of the both of us have even bothered to look at this thread.

P.S. Eldar=win

Drachyench

Of course. If you read Lord of the Night, they planned something 10,000 years ahead of time to save one of thier craftworlds. That alone is awesome.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I only wish the Eldar could take a hit like a man. Even their melee units take hits like little girls...which is appropriate, I guess, considering Howling Banshees are female. Regardless, they should toughen up. I mean, it takes so long to get to vehicles in their tech tree in Dawn of War. I get tired of using hit-and-run tactics all the time. I want my Wraiths and Fire Prisms.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
Warhammer has been considered to be another game just like Dungeons and Dragons. That's why it doesn't appeal. Everyone is too afraid of being seen as nerdy to give it a chance.

I'm new to Warhammer. I play 40K not the original one. I enjoyed 40K's figurines more than the Warhammer ones. That was my main draw. I started playing after I watched a kid play it at the local comic shop, but I doubt you want to know how I got started.

My favorite army is the Imperial Guard. The Stormtroopers/Kasrkins, basilisks, and hellhounds pwn everything in sight on the board. I like using a distraction tactic on the field.

I would REALLY like to see a 40K MMO. DoW disappointed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back