• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Was the world order a good idea to begin with?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time KH2 rolled around, everyone in the game forgot about them. Probably because of what the villains had done, that the world order is just meaningless now. Maybe the universe was never meant to have that and only made things worse because the worlds were being destroyed by the heartless, and nobody told them about the danger. Nobody could tell anybody about this before Sora came along. I don't even know why they really need that world order and why they want the worlds to be secret. I might be a conspiracy nut, what do you guys think?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The purpose of the whole "keeping the knowledge of other worlds a secret" is to prevent people like Xehanort and Maleficent from spreading chaos, but as a whole the concept never had much purpose. Basically, it was a way to keep the devious people contained to their own worlds, which seemed to work for a while, the average Joe couldn't do anything with that information anyway and the protagonists break that rule constantly because it's just more inconvenient than anything. Ironically, Days and Organization XIII is where that best use of the rule was implemented since stealth and sneaking around was key, but it had nothing to do with preserving world order.

On top of that, most of the worlds they visit are strange and fantastical in their own right so I don't think anyone would bat an eyelash at visitors from another world, especially since the universe has had a strange influx of monsters lately. When a world is crawling with pitch black monsters from Hell stealing and devouring their hearts to multiply and threatening to destroy the planet and all the inhabitants but they're being stopped by anthropomorphic animals that can talk and cast magic, and a funky looking spiky haired kid with an enormous key, I think where they come from is the least of the worlds' inhabitants problems.

All in all...yeah, it was kind of pointless.

I would love to see them address it in the next game. That's why this thread is at the Future of KH section. I'll be honest, I always wondered why saving worlds from the dangers of the Heartless would be considered "Meddling." If I (or Flint, an OC of mine) was in Sora's place during that one cutscene with King Triton, it'd probably like this.

Triton: "As the Key bearer, you must already know, one must not meddle in the affairs in other worlds."
Flint: "I am trying to save your worlds from being destroyed from the heartless! How is this meddling? Or maybe you don't want me protect your daughter? Because you aren't capable of doing so?!"
(Yeah, unlike Sora, My OC can talk back to other people even if they are royal figures and is more active into defending others and himself. With clear knowledge of what is good or evil. If it sounds like he is being too harsh, he just doesn't want to take any crap. Hey, at least he prefers just to talk, instead of just attacking people physically. If he did, it wouldn't be persuasive and would make him a hypocrite.)

It's something I wanted to get out of the way.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The purpose of the whole "keeping the knowledge of other worlds a secret" is to prevent people like Xehanort and Maleficent from spreading chaos, but as a whole the concept never had much purpose. Basically, it was a way to keep the devious people contained to their own worlds, which seemed to work for a while, the average Joe couldn't do anything with that information anyway and the protagonists break that rule constantly because it's just more inconvenient than anything. Ironically, Days and Organization XIII is where that best use of the rule was implemented since stealth and sneaking around was key, but it had nothing to do with preserving world order.

On top of that, most of the worlds they visit are strange and fantastical in their own right so I don't think anyone would bat an eyelash at visitors from another world, especially since the universe has had a strange influx of monsters lately. When a world is crawling with pitch black monsters from Hell stealing and devouring their hearts to multiply and threatening to destroy the planet and all the inhabitants but they're being stopped by anthropomorphic animals that can talk and cast magic, and a funky looking spiky haired kid with an enormous key, I think where they come from is the least of the worlds' inhabitants problems.

All in all...yeah, it was kind of pointless.

Much of it I think can also be applied to the fact that we as the audience see the whole KH Universe through a biased lens.
It's similar to how "rare" and "unique" the Keyblade is supposed to be universe-wide, but we do not perceive it as such because most of the central characters the series puts the most focus on is a Keyblade Wielder or closely knows one.

For the "average Joe's" Keyblades are still totally rare and mysterious, just like the supposed knowledge that other worlds exist and that you shouldn't interfere with them goes for most of the normal folk rather than the special cases the series gives the viewpoint more often.
Most "average Joe's" do not even have the ability to travel between worlds anyways.
Only Keyblade Wielders, Wizards/Sorceresses and beings of Darkness can travel between worlds on their own volition, which is if I recall correctly another reason as to why Lea wanted to become a wielder in DDD.
Scrooge McDuck for example had to either ask Merlin (in BBS) or Mickey (between BBS and KH 1) to take him along in order to visit other worlds.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The actual purpose of the "World Order" was because when KH1 was in development Disney didn't want Square mixing the franchises too much, I believe there's more info about that in one of the earliest interviews. I'll go see if I can find it.

Anagram

Banned
Regardless of what in-story or development level reasons I always found it a bit redundant since Sora and gang never worry about it. The fact that most of the people they interact with isn't capable of world travel anyway also makes me feel "whatever" on the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back