• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Way To Dawn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colours

Was Riku's "soul eater" the way to dawn, or was it not.??This is what I think.

However, why he still uses the Soul Eater in the Virtual Twilight Town is unknown. It seems to possess all the powers that Sora and King Mickey's Keyblades have. It is possible that the Way to Dawn is the Soul Eater, transformed through Riku's connection to the Keyblade that he was initially to be master of. Or, since the Soul Eater is created from the then current darkness in Riku's heart, and Riku finally decided to use both light and darkness, which he needed to use to wield the keyblade, the Soul Eater changed to reflect the change of heart within Riku.

Despite having transformed into a Keyblade, as a force of habit (when Sora talks to Riku immediately after slaying Luxord), Riku still refers to the Way to the Dawn as "Soul Eater." Incidentally, not counting the labeling of his attack cards in Chain of Memories, this is actually the first time the sword has been referred to by its name.

Though the Soul Eater may have transformed following Riku's acceptance of both light and darkness, because of the darkness of Xehanort's Heartless still within him, he could revert its form back to the Soul Eater, more so when he took Xehanort's form. However, it is likely that due to the dire situation, he needed the weapon in its Keyblade form when rescuing Kairi. After he was restored to his original but older appearance, the Keyblade form became permanent.

Appearance:Way to the Dawn looks a lot like the Soul Eater, probably because it was created from it. A pair of demonic and angelic wings surround the handle, giving it the look of a keyblade's handle and guard. Also a single angel wing has been added to the top of the Soul Eater's blade, giving it a keyblade's trademark sharp point used for cutting. A heartless emblem without a cross (making it a heart) is its keychain. It is wielded with one hand.

Trivia:In Sunset Horizons, Ven takes this Keyblade.
When it is swung, it leaves a bluish, black lined wake, as apposed to the Soul Eater's purplish, black wake, a reference to Riku's alliance to both light and darkness.

Here's an example

These lines are the ending of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories: Reverse/Rebirth

Riku: What are you making me choose now?

Diz: Will you take the road to Light... Or the road to Darkness?

Riku: Neither. I'm taking the middle road.

Diz: You mean the twilight road to Nightfall?

Riku: No... The road to Dawn.

Last edited:

LiD

Im very unsure it how Riku Got his Keyblade,
Maybe because idk,
But i don't think the Soul Eater holds all the powers of the Keyblade
O.O it can't lock keyholes like the keyblade

C

Colours

Im very unsure it how Riku Got his Keyblade,
Maybe because idk,
But i don't think the Soul Eater holds all the powers of the Keyblade
O.O it can't lock keyholes like the keyblade

Yes it can unlock keyholes, remember in kh2 where mickey, sora, and riku open the last door to face Xemnas. It sure did unlock that.

LiD

You both bring up good points, but to me i think its just an ordinary keyblade xD.

Lol i wasn't bringing up any good points,

I was just saying Riku's Soul Eater, Doesn't Hold the Same powers as the keyblade

But When He has the Way To Dawn, Which Is A Keyblade, Sora, Riku, and Mickey Unlock the door to fight Xemnas..

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Soul Eater - not a Keyblade - transformed into the WtD, confirmed by Nomura.
This is because of the likely assumption that Maleficent crafted the Soul Eater from the Darkness in Riku's Heart - thus he could summon it at will, and eventually change it into something else once he came to terms with himself.
Riku still calls it the Soul Eater in KH2 because he doesn't know better - Keyblade Names come mostly from the Equipment menu, thus they're not used in-game. However, the Soul Eater came from an outside source by assumption, so it's possible he had the name told to him.
Meeting up with Kairi and the run-ins with Sora did indeed affect Riku, enough to have him create the pinkish horror he gave Kairi to use. That is his own Keyblade, not Kairi's. It's easy to assume that's part of what made the Keyblade eventually appear, as well as Riku actually facing Kairi and Sora as opposed to running away from them - his own personal growth.

And they didn't unlock any door to reach KH, just went through it oO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back