• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are your favorite moments in the KH Series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
As the title says, what are your favorite moments? I'm gonna do a top 10 list and you guys can just follow suit. This list is in no particular order and can include battles, cutscenes, openings, and secret endings. Basically any part of the game.

The Gathering and Birth By Sleep (Secret Endings to KH2 and KH2FM)- The animations and the epic battle feel between Terra, Aqua, Ven against Master Xehanort and Vanitas. And having King Mickey showing up at the end. The cutscenes that depict this battle in BBS really lose a lot of what this secret ending showed. This list isn't in any particular order, but this as well as the next one are probably my top 2 favorite moments in the series.

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance Opening- Truly nostalgic. Showing most of the big moments (Left out CoM and the 1000 Heartless Battle). Connected the series thus far and having the ending basically preluding the ending of KH3 made it something to remember. Plus, the animations and Simple and Clean Orchestral set.

Roxas vs Axel Boss Battle- A very easy battle I will say, but is very fast paced and somewhat surprising especially the first time. Two best friends battling it out in an arena of fire. Dual wielding Keyblades. And the before and after battle cutscenes are nice.

Sora vs Roxas Boss Battle- A somber moment between the two Keyblade wielders. Sora meeting his match, but Roxas meeting his maker. Roxas gives Sora the nod of approval of being the true being. The final mix boss battle makes this cutscene that much better. The music works well with the moment.

Sora vs Riku Boss Battle (controlled by Ansem)- One word: Tough. This battle was so hard to win when I was 8. Now, I can breeze through it, but I like to take this battle kinda slow because it is like Axel and Roxas,two best friends. Even though one of them is being controlled by a Heartless, but still. The before and after battle cutscenes are very touching and I love to see them. Sora realization of Kairi's heart, his sacrifice for her, and Riku's change of heart and influence even after being fully possessed. Truly great moments to remember.

Sora and Riku vs Xemnas (Final Battle)- Great conclusion to KH2. I feel KH1 final boss (World of Chaos) was not that great because of it being a huge monster, but Xemnas provided a good versatile boss fight. The extra parts of this fight make it really cool such as: All of the in-air Reversals at the start of battle, playing as Riku to save Sora, deflecting all of the Ethreal Blades, and Sora and Riku shooting Xemnas with a beam of light. The before and after cutscenes also are really well done. Showing Sora to be the stronger of the two.

The 1000 Heartless Battle: It was a war. Not just the actual battle, but running all the way down from Ansem's lab, encountering Maleficent, encountering Sephiroth, battling Demyx, Goofy's almost demise, joining the Final Fantasy Characters as well as seeing their individual cutscenes battling the Heartless, and then the battle itself. The battle itself was a little lackluster considering myself and probably many others used the reaction commands a lot during this haha. Then, Xemnas being revealed and Mickey's interaction with him. And lastly, Axel and Saix's conversation and Maleficent saving the gang.

Destiny Islands being destroyed- This part of the game makes you feel absolutely helpless. A big storm hits. The raft you took so long to help build is destroyed. Kairi disappears. Mysterious creatures begin attacking. Riku is swallowed by darkness. And lastly, the world is destroyed and you are wisped away to parts unknown. The only thing going for you is you obtained a weapon, the Keyblade.

Another Side, Another Story/Deep Dive (KH1 Secret Ending)- Epic interaction between Riku and Roxas. Setting up their battle in Days. Cool battle against the Heartless. And again, the animation.

"Ansem's" speech before you battle him- Just watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bUnYH1Pa_k Awesome.

Death of Xion- The battle with Xion in my opinion was not that great, but the after battle cutscene was very touching. Nobodies do have feelings. Xion joins with Roxas and tells him to stop Xemnas. The fact that Roxas then begins to forget Xion is one of the saddest parts of the series in my opinion.

Sealing the Door to Darkness- You finally defeat Ansem and everything should be saved. Nope. Darkness is beginning to pour out of the... Door to Darkness. Sora and Co. try to close it, but can't. Riku begins pulling from the other side. Mickey then appears and tells the guys that there will always be a Door to the Light. Riku and Mickey stay in the Realm of Darkness to ward off the darkness and seal it from that side while Sora, Donald, and Goofy stay on the other side to seal it from there. Two of the people they were trying to save were in arms reach and they weren't able to save them. Sora then has to say goodbye to Kairi before leaving to search for Riku and The King. Very touching and an actual good cliffhanger ending to a game.

Kairi's Note and the Door to Light- After defeating Xemnas, Sora and Riku end up on the Dark Margin. As they are sitting on the shore, a note in a bottle washes up at their feet. Riku gives it to Sora. Sora reads the poem/note which ends up being the same note Kairi sent out to sea at the start of the game. Then the Door to Light opens in front of them and they walk through and fall into the ocean of Destiny Islands and swim to shore where all their friends are. This poem is somewhat thought provoking in a way.
"Thinking of you, wherever you are.
We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend.
Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
And who knows:
starting a new journey may not be so hard,
or maybe it has already begun.
There are many worlds, but they share the same sky —
one sky, one destiny."
If you think of it from a real life perspective, we are all of the worlds and we share this one Earth. Now, the one destiny is something to be interpreted depending on what you believe in. Still cool to think about though.

The Meeting of the 13 Xehanorts- This is where it all comes to a head and where everything has been leading up to. This meeting reveals what Xehanort has been trying to do since the beginning and sets up KH3. Sora almost becomes a Xehanort, Riku battles Young Xehanort, Lea and Isa's interaction, the 12 Xehanorts, and Master Xehanort finally making his appearance.

I believe I summed up my favorite moments. If I had to pick three of those it would be the The Gathering/Birth By Sleep, Kairi's Note and the Door to Light, and The 1000 Heartless Battle. If their are any other moments you would like to speak on or your own opinions on these moments then leave a comment.

Awards
Ven vs Vanitas in his station of awakening. Would LOVE to see that in CGI.

Aqua vs Terra-Xehanort. That final cutscene before they fought was amazing and I genuinely felt bad for at that point. She lost everything really.

When Aqua makes Castle Oblivion. Honestly I liked it that much because I called that the Land of Departure was Castle Oblivion.

When Sora meets Larxene for the first time and kick him square in the chest. When I saw that I was like "wow she's awesome."
Also when Larxene slaps Namine. She was a villain with no remorse and I love that. "Huh? It's a little late for the witch to grow a conscience." Her words cut deep and such a shame that she hasn't made a return yet. Would love to see her again.

Lexeus's death scene. Another one of my favorite organization members. I never thought he was evil though really. I felt like he died with honor. I thought all the CoM org. Members were cooler definitely more dark natured.

Any scene with Saix in it. "If I had a heart this the part where I would die of laughter." And the part where Riku-Ansem lunged at him at TWTNW. That smirk he does before he gets away are my all time favorites.

Also the scene in 3D where Neku gets wings and flies away. That scene makes me laugh everytime I see it.

I hope we see more BBS scenes in CGI. The fights were epic towards the end of the game that are all CGI worthy

Monkey D. Rocky

Every...single....freaking moment within the series!!!! Haha, in all seriousness the series has way too many epic, beautiful, and amazing moments that never leave your heart. But if I had to pick, it has to be when Sora closes the door at the end of KH1, and promises Riku that he'll take care of Kairi.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Fave moments? Haha damn there's so many lets see:

I'll start with kh2. The only moment I actually lol'd during this game was this scene here:

between 1:45 and 2:50.
Hades "Did you forget who your talking to!? I am the lord of the dead!" Auron "hmph No wonder no one wants to die"
I lol'd so damn hard first time I seen heard that x'D Best line in that whole game. x'D

ReCoded: Have none.
Days: None.

BBS, Loved the game but only got a few faves to mention. One of them is Terra's ending it's both a bit nostalgic to see how "Ansem" came about yet sad on terra's end. Plus dat speech!
Another is when Aqua makes Castle Oblivion not sure why really but seeing how the castle came about just stood out to me.
The biggest fave would be Ven and Vanitas' final battle it was just awesome. Especially near the end when the floor to the station gets shattered.

Chain of Memories. I've played it so many times (both GBA and ps2 version) and my fave scenes are always Axel's. Seeing him manipulate basically everyone present in that castle was just gold plot wise~
And out of all those scenes my absolute favorite was this one here:

Just loved it and still love seeing it that moment (between 2:07 & 3:29) when Vexen pleads and axel just snaps his fingers "Goodbye" classic~ *trolololdarkhumor*
I also liked the scenes during Riku's final battle with his Replica. Just so tragic all the replica wanted was to be his own person.

As for KH1....Pretty much everything from the opening to the end is my fave. Love that game love the nostalgia so I'll just pick out the part I enjoyed the most.
The final battle between Sora and Ansem. Ansems speech, Sora's light speech, the door being sealed....just everything TuT

LeFreak

Oh man, it's so hard to decide.

I loved pretty much every scene in BBS where you meet characters that become important later on in the series plot, especially Lea and Isa, as well as Zach from FFVII: Crisis Core; I feel almost as emotionally attached to that game as I do to KH, and Zach is probably one of my favorite characters of all time. I'm also completely in love with the entire ending to that game: it has such a melancholy feel overall, and seeing the way all of those events set the stage for the original game definitely gave me some chills, especially with how Castle Oblivion came about (I'm not as cool as some of you and totally did not see that coming :p )

I also really enjoyed the flashback scenes in DDD, and the scenes that were shown from a first person perspective: I feel like the KH team are constantly trying out new methods of story-telling, and this one really did it for me, especially when young Xehanort is showing Sora events from the first game (also a moment that gave me some chills). The whole feel of that game, in my opinion, was different from other KH games, and I liked it quite a lot. Also, the scene where Riku wakes up after rescuing Sora and finds that Sora, Donald, and Goofy are having a tea party is hysterical to me.

I'm playing through KHII again after many years, so I've forgotten a lot of it, but I definitely liked the scene where Hades tries to get Auron to work for him; made me want to play FFX and find out what Auron's all about, because I have no idea :p. And then there's the part where Demyx pulls out a piece of paper with instructions on how to deal with "Roxas": Demyx; "Did they ever pick the wrong guy for this job." Sora; "you're bizarre.."

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
My favorite moment in all of Kingdom Hearts has to be when Sora stabs himself with the Keyblade of People's Hearts. KH was my first game in a lot of ways, so it holds a special place in my heart for that reason. As such, when this noob died against Riku-Ansem a million times, you can imagine the relief I felt at finally beating him, and viewing the following cutscene, right? Well, there's certainly that, but...

That scene was just amazing. As a nine-year-old, I sure wasn't expecting the plot twist of "Sora dying". That whole scene just took my breath away, and it's why KH became my favorite series, and why SoKai became my OTP. Just the fact that Sora so selflessly and nobly sacrifices himself to bring Kairi back... I have no words for it. It's just incredible to me. That right there is why Sora's my favorite character from any fandom. And that scene always has and always will touch my heart.

Plus... it was fun freaking out when I realized I had to play as a Heartless. And the many theories I came up with about what would happen next, were also very laughable.

Another KH memory that stands out to me is in 358/2 Days, when Xion gives Roxas the seashells while he's unconscious. This memory sticks with me for a more personal reason than the last one. Basically? I went into the game telling myself I was going to hate Xion, because she got in the way of RokuNami blah blah blah. That moment, though, made me a die-hard Xion fan (she's actually my fav KH girl now, and my second favorite character in the series), and I ironically also began shipping Roxas and Xion after that.

I love this moment (besides the fact that it was just adorable), because I learned a good lesson about not judging a book by its cover, and going into things with an open mind. Now I look for something I can enjoy in everything, and what a good thing that is! If I'd continued being stupid about the Days thing, I would have missed out on one of my fav KH characters, pairings, my favorite trio in the series, and just the fun, quirky, and heartbreaking story that is Days.

For these reasons, these are my top two KH moments, but I love others very much, too. In fact, I might come and update this later, but for now I'll leave this comment as it is.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The entire secret ending of birth by sleep had some of the best moments of the series in my opinion. The conversation between aqua and ansem was incredible. Not to mention the confrontation between terra and xehanort.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Sora stabbing himself. I was twelve and didn't really expect that and seriously was already hooked but man.....you don't go around forgetting thngs like that.

com doesn't have too many for me.

kh2 has a ton. Sora vs Roxas, Axel revealing himself to Roxas(back when he was a villain in our heads) and pretty much all f Roxas' story.

Days had the whole ending going for it.

same with bbs and DDD

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sora stabbing himself. I was twelve and didn't really expect that and seriously was already hooked but man.....you don't go around forgetting thngs like that.

com doesn't have too many for me.

kh2 has a ton. Sora vs Roxas, Axel revealing himself to Roxas(back when he was a villain in our heads) and pretty much all f Roxas' story.

Days had the whole ending going for it.

same with bbs and DDD

sora stabbing himself was definitely one of the most iconic scenes in the series

Odium Crop

Banned
I liked when Ansem the Wise was taunting Roxas. It emphasized how unfair it seemed that Roxas could not have his own life, and Sora's fight with Roxas did the same, but to a lesser extent. I really liked the final cutscene in Re:coded, regardless of the fact that the game was not relevant to the main story of the series. I would write more, but I still cannot make paragraphs here for some reason.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
KH2

Demyx was in the Underworld screaming "Run, Run Away!". That was hilarious.

Axel kidnaps Kairi.

Using the Drive form: Wisdom.

Fighting Xigbar and Luxord one final time.

Xigbar taunting Sora in Radiant Garden.

Every scene Roxas was in! Especially the scene with Ansem the Wise. "A nobody doesn't have a right to know." It was so sad and my heart broke in two watching Roxas go through that. Before that, watching Namine reveal to Roxas that he was never suppose to exist.

Watching Sora and Riku return to Destiny Island after defeating Xemnas.

KHRe:CoM

Marluxia fighting Axel, using Namine as a shield and baiting Sora into taking care of Axel.

Axel eliminating Vexen or letting Namine go.

Vexen and Larxene arguing with each other.

KHBBS

Vanitas fighting Ventus; trying to create the Xblade.

When Aqua battles it out with Vanitas in Radiant Garden and tries to uncover Vanitas mask only for him to start laughing. <3

Finally watching Aqua shed a tear at the end after being trapped in the Relam of Darkness.

KHDays
Roxas and Axel watching the sunset together, discussing why the sun sets red.

KH1

My favorite scene was the ending most of all because of Sora's promise to Kairi. After going through such lengths to be reunited with Kairi and Riku, he finally returns Kairi home to Destiny Island after saving her in Hollow Bastain. The opening theme to this game was phemonmaly and I would restart the whole game on purpose just to listen to the song "Simple and Clean".

The secret ending with Roxas fighting off a bunch of Neo-shadows and Riku falling off that tower; it got me so hyped up for kingdom hearts two that I would watch it over and over again. There was so much magic to this game, the disney characters were really something, making it that much more fun and bring out the inner child of myself that used to love Disney so much.

I honestly love the music playing in the background too. I bought the OST so I could listen to it and remember all of the fun times I had playing this game. Someday, I'll make a paopu fruit of my own...and share it with a love one.

I also liked the part where Leon, Aerith and Yuffie are with Sora in Hollow Bastian. "We may never meet again, but we'll never forget each other."

Last edited:

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
You guys are all forgetting Axel's teaming up with Sora in KH2 and then sacrificing himself so that they could get through to TWTNW. That was a pretty touching moment. Also, the very end of KH2 with Kairi's letter reaching Sora and Riku in the Realm of Darkness. I got cavities it was so sweet. And Xions death cause she died and I didn't have to ever see her again... *cough* and the part where Goofy is himself.

thats all I can remember for now.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I have too many moments, lol, but one of them is the final battle between Terra, Ven and Aqua against Master Xehanort to save all Worlds from falling to the X-blade.

Also, the 1,000 Heartless War: That was just epic from the shaking of the Castle to the Great Maw, destroying every single Heartless in your way to attempt to reach Xemnas.

DripDrip

So many moments, but the ones that stand out to me are:

Doland and Goofy meeting up with Sora for the first time. Its been too many years that we haven't gone through a game as the iconic trio together and going back and playing KH1 again they had some of the best moments together.

The entire opening sequence for KH3D was one big emotional nostalgia roller coaster.

The fight between Aqua and Terranort in the secret episode was AMAZING. Anything with Aqua is usually A+ to me.

The fight of 1000 heartless when everyone teamed up together and fought together! Specially teaming up with them as you progress through the area was super cool.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So many moments, but the ones that stand out to me are:

Doland and Goofy meeting up with Sora for the first time. Its been too many years that we haven't gone through a game as the iconic trio together and going back and playing KH1 again they had some of the best moments together.

The entire opening sequence for KH3D was one big emotional nostalgia roller coaster.

The fight between Aqua and Terranort in the secret episode was AMAZING. Anything with Aqua is usually A+ to me.

The fight of 1000 heartless when everyone teamed up together and fought together! Specially teaming up with them as you progress through the area was super cool.

the fight between terranort and aqua was definitaly my favorite fight in the series

Awards
In DDD, I loved it when Donald and Goofy fell from the sky and saved Riku from Guardian's grip. Everything was so tense and serious and then BAM! Donald and Goofy to the rescue. It was like reuniting with old friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back