• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Causes Goosebumps?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
This may be in the wrong section, and if so a mod can move it but. . .

What exactly causes Goosebumps to appear?! I know someone may know this, but Just a minute ago, For some odd reason, all these goosebumps started appearing on Meh Arm!!!!! =O ...It's weird to me, so can maybe someone Explain Why and How it happens?! =/

-Goosebumps instantaneously dissapear- o_O

Josiah

Quarian Power!
-ahem- Thats Pretty funny actually. .___.;;

But Srsly... People, Why does this happen?! v.<

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Goosebumps are the bumps on a persons skin at the base of body hairs which develop when a person is cold or experiences a strong emotion like fear. The reflex of producing goosebumps is known as horripilation, piloerection, or the pilomotor reflex.

Goosebumps are created when tiny muscles at the base of each hair, known as arrectores pilorum, contract and pull the hair erect. The reflex is started by the sympathetic nervous system, which is in general responsible for many fight-or-flight responses.

Question answered, thread finished.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Yeah, I get them When I get scared or cold al the time... But what causes it to happen?! does your brain randomly tell your body to grow tiny Bumps?! o_O

edit: XD!... Thanks Inner-Demon! ^^;; ...And Katattack, and Marlousmiracle!! ^^;;

Welp, got good answers from people, So I'm just gonna close this! ^^;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back